Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

For the glory of Stirland!

Go down 
+33
Soulblight
Paluke
Ezekiel
Neko13
5pointer
cianty
Delectable Tea
BurnTheWitch
Theorox
mavfire
smokezombie
shanks
superscenic
Pfreck
LabOfFantasy
Hadriel Caine
SerialMoM
Eliazar
Paboook
benjaminography
hexenjagar
Milliardo
Von Kurst
Gobbo Freak
Captain Bernhardt
drakkol
Mo!
BalrogTheBuff
folketsfiende
DeafNala
Grimscull
floedebolle
Boreas_NL
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 11:00

And now for something completely different!

The postman delivered my Giant yesterday... I was so excited I shut down my XboX immediately and started work on him right away!

The model was in decent condition (it even came with the original box), only partially assembled and sprayed with white undercoat. The only thing that was missing was his sword, not such a big deal as I probably wouldn't have used it anyway.

I cleaned him up a bit, gave him a new base and a new club (something a little more high-tech, but only a little). I also took him apart and pinned the whole model.

I've got a few pics for you! Be gentle, the undercoat is still drying...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0977

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0976

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0978
He's bigger than I expected, a lot heavier too. A very detailed and stunning model, I hope my painting will not deminish his awesomeness...
He uses the same base as my Warmachines (80mm x 60mm).

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0979
His club is made from a tree from the 40K Battlescape, the barrels of a Helblaster Volleygun and some Lego chains... It litterally dwarfs his old club, which wasn't bad, but this one's bigger! I can imagine the havoc he can cause by swinging this around.

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 11:53

That is a cruel piece of cc-superiority you equipped your giant with (not that he'd needed it) and also a good use of some rocket-launcher spare parts!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 19:58

This afternoon I've been realy busy painting my Giant... Some parts of the model already have been washed with Devlan Mud, they are a bit darker than the rest.

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0982

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0983

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0984
I realy wanted his clothes to match those of the rest of my army so I opted to keep him in green and white... The main source of inspiration was the picture on the original box, the only thing I changed was the limited pallette of colours. The striped and checkered bits were quite nice to paint, maybe I'll add another few...

I also put some GS on the tree in his hand to cover up the gaps...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0980

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0981
I'm comparatively unskilled when it comes to sculpting gs, but I think this looks ok...

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 21:47

nice colors on the gaint!!! I think it'll fit perfectly with the rest of the army.

Good job on the GS as well. Could not have done that any better myself (that doesn't say much though Embarassed)

Keep it up thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 14:27

Amazing!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 15:23

Very good choices! I have to find it too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 16:16

Top notch! I think your modelling is very imaginative, and your GS:ing skills are very good as well. You've got yourself a VERY impressive giant!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 19:44

Thanks for the feedback!

The Giant is really turning out great! He's very fun to paint and I'm making some real progress... Just his right arm, club and some details and he should be finished.

I also gave him a new shield on his left arm, the old one with the eagle (or some other bird) wasn't working for me, so I cut it of (after painting it first Crying or Very sad ) and gave him a new one. Expect some pics soon!

Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 20:46

I've finished my Giant!

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0986

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0989
All painted! The model is absolutely fantastic, the best Giant kit around in my opinion... He fits really well with the rest of my army (the painted bit at least), the green and white clothing helps to tie them together as a coherent force...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0988
Apart from his club and the shield on his arm I didn't change anything about the model...

He's finished just in time for this afternoon's battle (read on in the next post)...

Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 20:46

Sorry for the double post, but I just had to post these few pictures...

This afternoon Malcador and me will re-fight the battle from last months WD.
He'll be fielding 3000 points of Skaven and I will field 2250 points of Stirlanders...

The terrain was set up by me, using a lot of scenery from my Mordheim board (if you haven't done so yet, be sure to check out my thread:D).

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0990

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0991

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0992
My defensive position... A few buildings, together with some walls and makeshift barricades should do fine. Plenty of space for my units and war machines.

It's not much, but I'm busy working on more Empire themed scenery at the moment. I registered with the 'Tale of Terrain Builders' to give me some more motivation to finally finish something. I recently chucked out all my older scenery (hills, forests, and such) before I made some new stuff, very stupid...

Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 20:48

And a third post... A short battle report.

We had a great battle this afternoon! Absolutely amazing! We decided to change the rules for the scenario slightly, adding an objective and removing the rules for capturing or demolishing buildings.

I took a few pictures, but as the battle went on I kind of forgot to make some more...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0993
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0994
Empire deployment...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0996
The Skaven army makes it's way onto the table... Both Warp Lightning Cannons didn't survive to see the end of round 2. The first one was shot to pieces (really small ones) by my own Cannon, the other one exploded in a misfire...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0997
Never, ever, let a Skaven player cast Skitterleap! The Engineer suddenly appeared on top of the Belltower and treated the Greatswords to a nasty Rocket of Doom (or something like that). His succes was only short lived as he was executed the very next turn.

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN0998
Another highlight of the battle... The Hellpit Abomination charges my Giant. Sadly, my Giant failed to impress and would fall in the second round of combat... For only 235 points those things are way to nasty!

Today wasn't a great day to be a Greatsword. First a Rocket of Doom (which killed 9 of them), then Plague (killing a whopping 18), a bound spell (some scroll, causing another two casualties) followed by two rounds of combat with a big unit of Plague monks. They did what they are paid for, they died to a man...
My Warmachines did very well! My Cannon accounted for a Warp Lightning Cannon, a Doomwheel and a bunch of Stormvermin, my mortar scored three direct hits (with a little help from one of my Engineers) and killed a lot of Clanrats and Stormvermin and my Helblaster killed a lot of Plaguemonks and almost (blasted regeneration saves) slew the Abomination...

The battle was chaotic, tense and full of great moments. At the end of the game (7 whole turns!) there was precious little left on the board, but the men of Stirland still held the objective! We both had a great time, suffering terrible losses, gaining great victories, suffering horrible misfortune and outreagous luck...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 20:55

Giant looks great (and like all newly painted/named models died in the second round!) Razz

Thanks for the battle report. Lots of nice eye candy.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011 - 21:57

COOL REPORT & GREAT LOOKING GIANT! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Milliardo
General
General
Milliardo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 0:35

Your modeling work is crazy good. :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.ulthuan.net/
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011 - 19:22

Giant turned out nice, your army is on a really good way. The Scryre-army looks promising as well, if it sees some paint. What steals the show though is this SPECTACULAR gaming-room. Looks like there is a whole, big, bright room just for the hobby? Wow!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011 - 21:27

Thanks for the feedback! I'll tidy up a bit and post some pics of my hobby room for you all to see...

I also got my hands on some new models...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1004
Two mortars and a Cannon (courtesy of marktplaats) and a few other models... The painted models will suffer a thinner related accident in the near future. Currently I'm looking for some Reiksguard on Foot models to build a unit of Swordsmen.

Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 19:31

In my last battle I fielded a Helstorm Rocketlauncher. When backed up by an Engineer this machine is absolutely devastating... But I have a few problems with the model. First things first, it's a beautiful model, has nice details and has a very strong Empire flavour. The only thing is that the model doesn't justify the S5 large template...

So I came up with this...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1028

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1029
The whole thing is scratch-built. Based on an old Bic marker and augmented with a lot of plasticard and some Empire bits... The model is far from finished as it needs some GS and about a thousand rivets. I'm planning on building a kind of launch towet for the crew and the Engineer but I'm not yet sure how. The stabilising fins are shaped to resemble the tail of a comet to emphasize the Empire background just a bit more...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1031
Close-up of the wood (plasticard)... I used the same technique as for the wood on the Airship...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1030
And a pic of the rocket on it's base... Not quite sure on the whole 'lift-of' thing, but you should get the idea...

Needless to say, the rocket is a good measure bigger then the rockets from the original kit. If this doesn't say S5 large template to you, I can't imagine what will...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1024
And I've cleaned and based my first few classic Reiksguard models. If you have some more and you don't use them, hit me with a PM or check out my post in the trade section...

Back to top Go down
hexenjagar
Warrior
Warrior
hexenjagar

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 10:29

you sir are a genius. ilove the models, painting bases and scenary.
by the way do you do comission work for scenary?...when i come back from afghan il have enough coin for a set up like yours.....
Back to top Go down
http://kennywilson.deviantart.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 14:04

VERY IMPRESSIVE! You have a real flair for fabrication. The Rocket is a fine example of Imperial ingenuity. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 19:47

Quote :
you sir are a genius. ilove the models, painting bases and scenary.
by the way do you do comission work for scenary?...when i come back from afghan il have enough coin for a set up like yours.....
Thanks! Not sure if I'm a genius though... As for the commission, I did a few small pieces a while back. You live in Europe so postage shouldn't be such of a problem (if the pieces aren't too big). Just let me know, maybe we can work something out...

Quote :
VERY IMPRESSIVE! You have a real flair for fabrication. The Rocket is a fine example of Imperial ingenuity. VERY WELL DONE!
Thanks! Empire ingenuity, where would we be without it...

More update's coming soon!
Back to top Go down
benjaminography
Knight
Knight
benjaminography

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 20:56

That rocket is the best!

I'm sure the empire is capable of some sort of space program?
Back to top Go down
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord
Paboook

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 17:42

Wow, some very cool conversions.

I love the oldschool Marauder giant.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011 - 21:37

Thanks for all the feedback!

It has been a while... Life's a bit hectic at the moment (let's just keep it at that), but I've found some time to roam around on Ebay, searching for some very nice miniatures.

I've managed to assemble a nice unit of 21 (including full command and Captain) Swordsmen... Don't mind the base, it's a temporary loan from my unit of Slayers. The final unit will number at least 28 (7x4).

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1032

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1036
Most of the models are Reiksguard on Foot, but there are also some other models present.

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1034
Some models of special interest. It's very nice to see the classic models mixing with one of the latest Empire releases...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 DSCN1039
And where would this unit be without a unit filler? Two very old models, loosely based on the minstrel of Brave Sir Robin (and there was much rejoyce)... Both the minstrel and the merchant (originally an Alchemist) are from Citadel.

The unit will be expanded further (to at least 28) as more models arrive. As for background, the unit is already known as the 'Old Geezers'... For our campaing I want to add the rule 'Been there, done that'. Giving the unit the chance to re-roll their panic tests or making them immune to panic altogether (much like Dwarf Longbeards). This rule is only intended for friendly campaing-related games.

More updates are coming soon. I purchased some more plastic tubes, strips and rods to contruct some platform for my V2 rocket... Also on the menu, restraining myself from buying the very cool Ironsides from Warhammer Forge... I already formulated the idea to equip them with repeater handguns and field them as dismounted Outriders. This won't take long...

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011 - 22:08

COOL STUFF..the Minstrel is new to moi. The army has more the cosmopolitan feel of a Marienburg Army than the more rural feel of Stirland, but whatever you call it & wherever it's from, it is VERY COOL. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2011 - 11:51

Ahahahah...you made me think about this... jocolor lol!

Very interesting unit and models! I envy you...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the glory of Stirland!
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next