Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Khemri supply source table

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

Khemri supply source table Empty
PostSubject: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011 - 16:21

Hi,

i hope somebody can help me.

i have got all Khemri articles as pdf, but i do not find the supply source table.

There should be one, because it is mentioned in several paragraphs.

Or do you ignore this and play the Khemri games like Mordheim ones?

Furthermore i think the Khemri warbands are a little weak.

What do you think?

SerialMoM
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011 - 20:00

The Price Chart for Khemri was originally published in TC#18 on page 5. No idea how that might fit into the PDF.

As for the warbands, I dislike the Tomb Guardians as published in the TC. I much preferred the one from the Khemri Website. The Arabyan Tomb Raiders are fun in both versions.

If you are looking for more power check out the Khemri, Land of the Dead website for the original warbands.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011 - 20:08

Hi, Serial MoM. The "Land of the Dead Trading Chart" is in Town Cryer #18 (the Khemri campaign was in issues 16-21).

You can download pdf files of the Town Cryer from the excellent collection of Mordheim resources at Tabletop Geeks:

http://tabletopgeeks.com/downloads/

The Khemri warbands are much weaker than the Mordheim and Lustria warbands. When GW/SG was playtesting warbands, they only playtested warbands against other warbands in the same setting to balance them against each other. They never particularly intended for all warbands from all settings to be balanced against each other. From strongest to weakest, the warbands are: the Lustria bands, then (not far behind) the Mordheim bands, and lastly (decent gap) the Khemri bands.

Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011 - 23:23

thank you both, but i think i did not clearly state what my problem is.

TC 16 page 10 paragraph ressources and training:

I read it so that you have to find a supply source first before you can refill water supplies buy warriors and so on.
I read it in a eay that not the exploration chart tell ypu that you find an outpost or not.

Best example is a roll of a triple 6: there you get a bonus on the roll on the supply chart, but i believe tjat they took this rule set out of the TC version.

By the way, what do you think about the arabian warbands int the relics of the crusade campaign set?

SerialMoM
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011 - 23:37

I don't recall ever seeing that table... I have never played in a Khemri campaign, so it never came up before.

Never played with Relics of the Crusades either. We mooch around Mordheim itself, and occasionally do a series of scenarios in the Empire.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011 - 23:44

Whoops! Sorry I forgot what that was called. Supply source.

It is found on page 49 of the Khemri, Land of the Dead document from the website. I can't get to the site today, I keep getting rerouted to another site and asked to join something.

Anyway the heading in the Khemri document is titled 'Bazaar-Trading', not 'supply source' as it is termed elsewhere in the document and in TC.

I really like the way this mechanic works and it makes sense of the whole setting. How like TC to leave it out!

I no longer have my downloaded copy, just the print out. I can copy it out and e-mail it if the website is gone.

Edit: Warbands--the 3 bands from the Relics really are very similar to the Tomb Raiders with Relics special rules. The special rules do not transfer well to Mordheim the ruined city. In an Araby campaign they make sense and are quite good.

StyrofoamKing's Araby smugglers are pretty fun too. Although if you are trekking across the Great Desert I would rather have the Turjuks!

Another edit: After several campaigns our group gave up on the water rules. They are kind of complex and require a good bit of book-keeping from the players which is not one of our strong points. To keep the flavor of the water rules we make warbands that are Lost In the Desert test for dehydration automatically (if you had enough water being Lost is not necessarily a bad thing in Khemri).

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 1:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 0:48

Relics of the Crusade: My group really enjoyed the setting, although we didn't test the Araby warband. The one warband we did try was the Fallen, and I will say that they were TOUGH. Equal with Possessed at the very least. The idea of (weakish) Khemri bands versus the super tough Fallen sounds like an unfair match.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 9:42

@ StyrofoamKing and von Kurst:Where can i find the Araby smugglers warband list?

I reall enjoyes the last update of the Slayer list in the Yahoo mailing group.

So maybe the Smugglers list has also more charactwer.

SerialMoM
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 12:42

Google Sartosa or Styroheim. The Smugglers are an experimental list from StyrofoamKing's Sartosa campaign setting.

As I said above if you are planning on campaigning in Araby one of the bands from an Arabyan setting might be a better choice. The smugglers have a nice henchman choice but no character that can use magic.

Are you planning on a Khemri campaign or a Relics of the Crusades campaign?
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 13:27

We normally play in the Mordheim Setting, but we use any warband we can find.

We do not have enough scenery for a pure Khemri setting.

But we also like it so much to lead our warbands through a multi level ruin scenery, that we won't play a pure non Mordheim campaign soon.

The Sartosa smugglers list i already have, just forgot it.

I use the Helldorado Salahadin as magic user, so this list is no alternative for me.

But thanks anyway

SerialMoM
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 13:55

SerialMoM wrote:
We do not have enough scenery for a pure Khemri setting.

My best suggestion is to search pet stores, in both the Lizard and the Fish section. You can find some great scenery for pirate settings, woodlands (grape driftwood is the best!), Egypt / desert, Asian, even Indian.

For example:
Khemri supply source table PPETS-3765048t400

The "All Living Things" Pharaoh. (Shame they don't have a website).
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752713

Costs $5.99 US dollars. It would be five times that from most hobby companies.

For smaller scenery and treasure tokens, the "Ancient Egypt Toob" by Safari Ltd is fun. The paint job's crap, but gives a little touch.

http://www.amazon.com/Safari-LTD-Ancient-Egypt-Toob/dp/B000GYSZES

Khemri supply source table 41%2BupDjAtHL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 14:34

Cheap scenery is remarkably easy to come by if you have the time to invest. Most of my Khemri scenery comes from pet stores' sale racks. Toy stores are another great source. I'm not sure of the European equivalent but we have 'Dollar Stores' and 'Big Lots'. Both stores often have useable items like palm trees, discontinued or discounted theme play sets. Some of the best Egyptian scenery I have seen was made from a cheap mummy's tomb playset sold by a drug store at Christmas.

Also cheap home decor stores like Micheal's and Hobby Lobby sell Egyptian rip off items that can be used for scenery.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 17:26

Thanks great ideas, but what do you use as playing underground?

Is there an easy way to " simulate" sand ground.

SerialMoM
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan 2011 - 18:03

I recommend checking out this thread if you haven't already--

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t3613-the-treasures-of-toth-amon

We get to serious tomb raiding around page 5 and 6.

Quote :
but what do you use as playing underground?

We started with old Heroquest and Warhammer Quest tiles. Nowadays we use Playtable's home-made tiles or the cavern walls that he and I made.

Lots of companies still make 2D dungeon floorplan sets for use with Dungeons and Dragons and the like.

Quote :
Is there an easy way to " simulate" sand ground.
We play at a gamestore. They have 2 4x6 tables painted tan, but we often end up having to use the black ones or the green ones.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011 - 9:24

Underground: Warhammer Quest Tiles all the way for me. Best of all, fan made ones reflect nearly any setting. Look at the Lustria ones below- it's frickin' SANDSTONE! How perfect is that?
http://www.wqchronicles.com/boards/boards.htm

Above ground: Agreed. Tan blanket or cloth for the ground.

To help, however, it's not hard to make sand dunes. Cut styrofoam into small hills, paint brown, then coat the top with PVC / Elmer's glue and coat in sand (normal or hobby sand, which comes in different colors). Dry thoroughly, and store with non-valuable minis (it will flake off a little).

If you want to make an oasis (or beach), stick a plastic palm tree through the foam after you shape it. The best I've seen for the price was Pegasus Hobby miniatures.
http://www.hobbybunker.com/details.cfm?ID=3437&scatID=628
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Khemri supply source table   Khemri supply source table Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Khemri supply source table
Page 1 of 1