Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Spells and HtH combat

Go down 
+2
Lord 0
Eagle5
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

Trading Reputation : 0

Spells and HtH combat Empty
PostSubject: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec 2010 - 8:32

Can a model outside a Hand to Hand fight cast spells into one? Does it depend on the spell?

I know you can't shoot into HtH, just wondering if spells are different.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec 2010 - 9:51

In my group we play that this is allowed with the exception of spells that require one to roll to hit, so pretty much only Silver Arrows of Arrha cannot be cast into combat.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec 2010 - 16:45

We play that spells that hit the closet model cannot be cast into a melee with a friendly involved, on the assumption if a shooter cannot reliably pick out a target in melee and thus is not allowed to shoot, then the same should be true of spells that do not automatically hit a chosen target.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan 2011 - 2:56

We play the same as Lord 0 and I'd push for mweaver's approach also if we encountered that situation.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan 2011 - 13:08

Mweaver, of curiosity, does that mean that if your closest target is in combat the spell is useless? Or do you allow the targeting of the next closest model?
Back to top Go down
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan 2011 - 19:17

Lord 0 wrote:
Mweaver, of curiosity, does that mean that if your closest target is in combat the spell is useless? Or do you allow the targeting of the next closest model?

I'm guessing he meant spells that hit first model they encounter, such as Fires of U'Zhul (because they could potentially hit a friendly model).
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan 2011 - 22:07

We decided that Fires of U'Zhul must have a pretty reasonable amount of guidence and could therefore be as safely targeted into combat as any of the other spells.

Obviously much of the targeting is magical because if it were otherwise you would have to roll to hit - that was our reasoning anyway. Where possible we prefer to bend the background text to fit the rules rather than bending the rules to fit the background text. In a similar vein, the item 'healing herbs' is obviously a package of them with multiple doses that is replenished at the end of the game in a similar manner to arrows and throwing knives because otherwise it would say it was one use or only enough for one game or something.
Back to top Go down
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeSat 1 Jan 2011 - 22:16

Lord 0 wrote:
n a similar vein, the item 'healing herbs' is obviously a package of them with multiple doses that is replenished at the end of the game in a similar manner to arrows and throwing knives because otherwise it would say it was one use or only enough for one game or something.

Wow, I always assumed Healing Herbs were single use and they were gone. You sure this is how it is? That would make multiple wound models much, much tougher if they only had to buy the herbs one time.
Back to top Go down
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jan 2011 - 1:12

as far as I know there has never been an errata on the duration of healing herbs.

But I'd be glad to learn otherwise, because I wondered about the very same question myself.

we intend to use it as a one use item but it has yet to be taken in our campaign, so I can't speak from my own experience.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jan 2011 - 2:21

Deja vu. We've had this discussion before--

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t4024-healing-herbs?highlight=Healing+Herbs

We play the one use only, now as a house rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spells and HtH combat   Spells and HtH combat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spells and HtH combat
Page 1 of 1