Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Beastmen Shaman

Go down 
+2
StyrofoamKing
Zonq
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zonq
Youngblood
Youngblood
Zonq

Trading Reputation : 0

beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010 - 14:32

Hello everyone,

My Beastmen Shaman just got his first advance and rolled a new skill. Since he doesn't have access to Strengh skills, I am really unable to decide which skill to choose.

I'm thinking about those skills:
- Step aside;
- Sprint;
- Jump up;

My opponents are : Skaven, Ostanders and Marienburgers

My Shaman's spell is Dark Blood (so he is always at least knocked down after the spell)

On a side question concerning the Jump up skill, if you become knocked down in the recovery phase because you were stunned, does the Jump up skill kicks in and you immediately get up?

Thanks in advance,

Zonq
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010 - 14:59

I don't know the OFFICIAL ruling, but it seems to me it only "kicks in" when you first roll it.

"The warrior may ignore knocked down results when rolling for injuries"

Another smart thing is to keep a henchmen by the shaman's side... that way, if you knocked yourself prone, you always have at least one person to intercept charges against your shaman.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010 - 15:24

Zonq wrote:
Hello everyone,

My Beastmen Shaman just got his first advance and rolled a new skill. Since he doesn't have access to Strengh skills, I am really unable to decide which skill to choose.

I'm thinking about those skills:
- Step aside;
- Sprint;
- Jump up;

My opponents are : Skaven, Ostanders and Marienburgers
My Shaman's spell is Dark Blood (so he is always at least knocked down after the spell)
On a side question concerning the Jump up skill, if you become knocked down in the recovery phase because you were stunned, does the Jump up skill kicks in and you immediately get up?
Thanks in advance,
Zonq

Jump up--Since there is no 'rolling for injury' in the recovery phase, the rule doesn't seem to apply.

Since you have rolled another skill why not try for a different spell?
Sprint would be great except it makes you faster than your henchmen (unless you team with the Centigor and some hounds).
Step Aside is always useful in combat.
Back to top Go down
Zonq
Youngblood
Youngblood
Zonq

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010 - 21:33

Thanks everyone for the quick replys.

I know that Chaos rituals are pretty good, but I think that I already have one of the best spells in the list. Since my Centigor will most probably be my leader in a few games, I think that I will give the Sprint skill to my Shaman.

Zonq
Back to top Go down
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010 - 23:28

I'd also second von Kurst's suggestion of getting another spell. It's right the spell you started with is pretty awesome. But so is vision of torment eye of god, Lure of chaos (!). Actually I think there is no spell I would not like to get. And two spells is certainly not too much.

But in case you don't want a further spell, I would certainly suggest step aside as it gets stronger with increasing strength and number of attacks of the enemies.

Strike to injure would be great too in case you intend to bring him into cc.

But speaking of spells: magic is really powerful in mordheim as it has almost no downsides and restrictions regarding targeting etc. you can even cast it into close combat which may allow you to stun a model in the magic phase and auto-ooA in the combat phase! (with word of pain for example).

My orc shaman has 4 spells now as I was lucky enough to roll "new skill" for every advance so far. Admittedly thats a tad on the exagerated side. I should have stopped after 3 spells to get another skill in between...

the problem of your current spell it that it is deadly (for your shaman) if you do this in close combat. so it would be great to have a spell which works better in cc in case he should see some...
Back to top Go down
squattingmouse
General
General
squattingmouse

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010 - 10:15

Go for the spell - dark blood is good but a bit limited in application.
Back to top Go down
http://squattingmouse.tabletopgeeks.com/
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010 - 16:36

My current shaman (the third for the warband - they have been unlucky with their shamen) has rolled new skill/spell twice. He took Strike to Injure and a second spell. I don't remember what order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmen Shaman   beastmen - Beastmen Shaman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmen Shaman
Page 1 of 1