Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Multiple (identical) serious injuries

Go down 
+2
RationalLemming
Dahag
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Multiple (identical) serious injuries Empty
PostSubject: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010 - 15:20

hi there,

our dark elves player recently had a model with nervous condition ooA and rolled nervous condition again. Spontaneously we decided that the two rolls accumulate. So he has -2 Initiative now.

But after having some thought it seems a difficult decision. In this case being on I 3 is not that serious, but if we generally allow stacking serious injury rolls we might also have double, triple, quadruple (if he's still alive) chest wounds. same goes for leg wound, hand injury and so on..

and making a list which injuries stack and which don't seems to be quite complicated...

1)well, how do you guys handle this? As far as I know there is no official ruling(?)

2) btw. if a stupid model rolls the "stupidity/frenzy-result AGAIN, does that mean he gets automatically the other (i.e. frenzy)?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 2:05

I believe that injuries which result in characteristics being decreased can stack. That is why there are posts around asking what happens when a warrior has Initiative 0, Toughness 0, etc.

I think that if you roll the same stupidity / frenzy result a second time then it should be treated as 'full recovery' because the rules don't say otherwise. On the other hand, automatically getting the other result is also a logical option (IMHO a house rule though) as that is then consistent with characteristic advances.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 4:51

I have retired a Centigor because he reached Initiative 0. Many are the blind and the armless as well. If someone rolls Madness we assign whichever the warrior doesn't suffer from.
Back to top Go down
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 5:28

For things like Madness, unless there's something that states you get the other automatically when you already have the first one, I would roll for it and treat a duplicate result as 'no effect' (or full recovery, whatever).

The thing for level up attribute increases specifically says to take the other if you have the rolled one maxed, and gives an option for what to do if you already have both maxed (you pick an attribute to raise instead). What would you do then if you had stupidity and frenzy already, pick which Serious Injury you get? The same methods won't work for both roll types, so I wouldn't try to apply the conditionals from one to the other.

Since Serious Injuries are liable to outright kill off a model, I see nothing wrong with stacking many attribute penalties to the point where the character must be retired as it's pointless to have them around anymore.
Back to top Go down
Dahag
Warlord
Warlord
Dahag

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 11:32

thank you for your answers. Actually it makes sense to let them stack. I wasn't aware of those questions (what happens if attribute x becomes 0), although I had read them too in some FAQ the other day...

so we'll leave it at that, especially it makes also sense fluffwise (becoming so crippled overtime that it becomes more and more difficult to participate in battle efficiently...)

btw. I'd like to add a related question if I may:

how do you guys treat reduction of stats: do they also reduce the racial max accordingly or would it just take longer to get to the racial limit of the stat?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 12:59

I can't look it up right now but I thought that that was covered in the injury rule. That warrior may never reach the maximum now, at least that is how we play.
Back to top Go down
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 13:35

Von Kurst wrote:
I can't look it up right now but I thought that that was covered in the injury rule. That warrior may never reach the maximum now, at least that is how we play.

That's how I play it too.

I was typing up a reply to say the same thing but then couldn't find where I read that, so I stopped in case I was wrong. Fairly certain I saw it somewhere though...
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 15:16

Some of the Serious Inguries Stack, Some cannot double-up so they are functionally ignored, and others would make a character useless, so they are retired.

LEG WOUND (-1 to movement) stacks, however there is a rule that you cannot go below 3 movement, so if you are an elf or a beastmen that you would have to worry about the possiblity of getting a -2 Edit- that was a house rule sorry about any confusion.

ARM WOUND (remove an arm) if you get this twice you cannot weild weapons so the model is toast.

MADNESS (stupid or frenzy) don't stack but you could have both, if you get the same one twice it doesn't really do anything so it is functionally ignored

SMASHED LEG (cannot run but can still charge) doesn't stack so getting it a 2nd time it is functionally ignored

CHEST WOUND (-1 toughness) it does stack, at 0 your guy is unplayable

BLINDED IN ONE EYE (-1 BS lose both eyes must retire) would stack, but the 2nd one forces retirement

OLD BATTLE WOUND (roll a d6 before every game on a 1 he misses the game) You could argue that this one could stack, so let's say you had 2 battle wounds then you would roll twice if either one was a 1 then he would miss the game. I would clearify this with the group before it happens.

NERVOUS CONDITION (-1 Initiative) at 0 the character is unplayable

HAND INJURY (-1 WS) stacks at 0 you cannot make WS rolls so the hero would be strickly a ranged shooter, most likely you would retire him

HARDENED (imune to fear) and HORRIBLE SCARS (causes fear) don't stack and are functionally ingored

Last edited by Rudeboy on Mon 20 Dec 2010 - 15:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2010 - 5:19

Rudeboy wrote:

LEG WOUND (-1 to movement) stacks, however there is a rule that you cannot go below 3 movement, so if you are an elf or a beastmen that you would have to worry about the possiblity of getting a -2

Is this a house rule or an official one? I'm very interested in where it's at if it is official, as one of our campaign players has a warband leader with two leg wounds and is at M2 now. We don't like changing things on the fly or at very least not in the middle of a campaign unless there is official word on it.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec 2010 - 7:11

I don't recall the minimum movement rule either.

We also play that the maximum characteristics are reduced by injuries that reduce characteristics.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010 - 15:10

That might be a house rule. Sorry sometimes you get so use to the house rules you forget that they are house rules.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010 - 16:31

We are slightly more generous in that if you suffer a second roll of leg wound/arm wound/blinded in one eye, which roll to see which leg/arm/eye was affected and if it is the previously damaged (missing) one, then there is no effect. If it is the undamaged one, then the results are applied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple (identical) serious injuries   Multiple (identical) serious injuries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multiple (identical) serious injuries
Page 1 of 1