Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Swapping Lance and Pistol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GuttedRunner
Youngblood
Youngblood
GuttedRunner

Trading Reputation : 0

pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Empty
PostSubject: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 9:26

Swapping weapons raise a few questions for me and my search didnt produce any answers scratch
First case, say Bobby is equiped with spear, sword and dagger, he gets charged, how does the fight go ? I assume its spear strike first then the charging model makes his attacks then swap and Bobby gets to hit with his sword or could he hit with his dagger too ?
Second case Bobby is equipped with spear, pistol and sword, can he only use lance and pistol or can he shoot with the pistol, strike first with the spear then swap to sword ?
This seems overkill but I didnt find anything in the rules or in the FAQ to clarify this.

Last edited by GuttedRunner on Wed 15 Dec 2010 - 11:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 11:19

Hi,

The lance doesn't give 'strike first'. There regardless of if the warrior with the lance is charged or does the charging, the lance will be used by one hand and the sword in the other in the first round of close combat. The lance can then be dropped and the sword and dagger used in the second and subsequent rounds of close combat.

If Bobby is equiped as you mentioned then the first round of combat would be the lance in one hand and the pistol in the other hand (assuming you chose to do this). The lance and pistol would then be dropped and the warrior would use his sword (and dagger?) in second and subsequent rounds of combat.

I hope that this helps and welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
GuttedRunner
Youngblood
Youngblood
GuttedRunner

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 11:40

sorry I meant a Spear in my previous post. I edited and now understand my mistake : Spear and Lance are the same in french.
You can swap Lance but you cant swap Spear, right ?
Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 13:24

Welcome to the forum.

Right you may swap a lance but not a spear.

Depending on the rules your group uses Rational Lemmings example of using a lance in one hand and a pistol in the other might not be allowed, especially to a model on foot.
Back to top Go down
GuttedRunner
Youngblood
Youngblood
GuttedRunner

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 17:43

another question about Spear as Im confused :
official errata adds Unwieldy to Spear, then I read Mordheimer and Honza FAQ and find
Quote :
Q: If a warrior armed with a spear and a sword (or any other one-handed weapon)
gets charged by an enemy model, does the spear-wielder get both of his attacks to
strike first or does he get an attack with the spear, the enemy strikes and then an
attack with his sword?
A: First the spear attack, then the charger's attacks and then the sword attack.

???
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 19:41

Maybe the Mordheimer and Honza FAQs are older? Otherwise it doesn't make sense, you're right.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 21:42

Lance
Range: Close Combat; Strength: As user +2; Special Rules: Cavalry weapon/bonus
SPECIAL RULES
Cavalry weapon: A warrior must own a warhorse to use a lance, as it can only be used whilst he is on horseback.
Cavalry bonus: If using optional rules for mounted models, a warrior armed with a ance receives a +2 Strength bonus when he charges. This bonus only applies for that turn.

Spear
Range: Close Combat; Strength: As user;
Special Rules: Strike first, Unwieldy, Cavalry bonus

SPECIAL RULES
Strike first: A warrior with a spear strikes first in the first turn of hand-to-hand combat.
Unwieldy: A warrior with a spear may only use a shield or a buckler in his other hand. He may not use a second weapon.
Cavalry bonus: If using the rules for mounted models, a mounted warrior armed with a
spear receives a +1 Strength bonus when he charges. This bonus only applies for that turn.

I am not sure where we got it from, but we have always played that at the time you charge or are charged you weapons cannot be swapped. You The only exception is a lance the turn after you charge you can swap-out your lance for another melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
GuttedRunner
Youngblood
Youngblood
GuttedRunner

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 22:25

Rudeboy wrote:

I am not sure where we got it from, but we have always played that at the time you charge or are charged you weapons cannot be swapped. You The only exception is a lance the turn after you charge you can swap-out your lance for another melee weapon.

we play it the same way as you (pistol can be swapped too).
Mordheimer and Honza FAQs gave me a doubt, I guess its just a mistake then.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010 - 0:40

GuttedRunner wrote:

we play it the same way as you (pistol can be swapped too).
Mordheimer and Honza FAQs gave me a doubt, I guess its just a mistake then.

ALL FAQs ever printed are out there on the internet. And being the internet establishing when the document was written may be difficult. The FAQ above seems to refer to the original rules, before the 2005 review. It was valid when you could wield a sword in one hand and a spear in the other, it is not valid now.
That said most of the information in that FAQ is valid as the rules referred to didn't change in the review.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010 - 15:51

@ GuttedRunner Sorry yeah we played that way with Pistols as well. You could swap pistols and lances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swapping Lance and Pistol   pistol - Swapping Lance and Pistol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swapping Lance and Pistol
Page 1 of 1