Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A question of scale variation in mordheim.

Go down 
+2
Shadowphx
Morgarth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgarth
Youngblood
Youngblood
Morgarth

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

A question of scale variation in mordheim. Empty
PostSubject: A question of scale variation in mordheim.   A question of scale variation in mordheim. Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 22:27

Greetings everyone.

I am currently in the process of making a cult of possessed using 15mm scale mini's.
The reasoning for this is that I much prefer the look and painting of this scale far above 28mm which I hate painting to be honest (I'm to picky).

The majority of the models are the old chaos familiar models with some chaosy 15mm mini's for the sorcerer, brethern etc,

My question is how much of an impact will this have in mordheim?

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: A question of scale variation in mordheim.   A question of scale variation in mordheim. Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 23:38

The only real issue would be if the other players are using 28mm models. If everybody is using 15mm models then reduce use half distance of everything. Example: M4 would really be an M2. Play it on a 2ft. square board. Use smaller buildings.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A question of scale variation in mordheim.   A question of scale variation in mordheim. Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 23:39

If you are keeping terrian the same size it will look odd; if you are scaling the terrain down to match, but keeping the numbers the same then the only real change I can see is that it would allow a model to climb more than it otherwise would.

Of course, if you are scaling down *all* measurements then it will have no effect on the game whatsoever Smile.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A question of scale variation in mordheim.   A question of scale variation in mordheim. Icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 23:41

Absolutely no impact whatsoever! In fact the warriors my new Ogre warband (yes I have painted something other than Norsemen!!) won't even notice they are there. Wink

I will be adding some halfling man-servants to my warband... that way your possessed midgets will have something lower than shin-height to swing their weapons at. :-p

Look forward to seeing your mighty mites in the gallery.

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Eagle5
Captain
Captain
Eagle5

PostSubject: Re: A question of scale variation in mordheim.   A question of scale variation in mordheim. Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010 - 8:32

If everyone else is using normal sized models, you might gain an advantage in LoS situations, as your units will have more options for being completely out of enemy LoS.

One thing to consider if you scale everything down (I know this as I did it to try to make a 'portable mordheim' at one time): The more you scale down, the more errors in measurement will effect gameplay. Getting 1/4 inch off in the full-sized game isn't that big of a deal, an error of 1/4 inch if you're using, say, round push-pins on corkboards (yeah, I did that once) and it becomes a huge deal. Scaling everything by half shouldn't cause too much trouble though, as half inches are still pretty big. For the corkboard thing I scaled it to 1 cm = 1 inch. Exact meansurements were a pain...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: A question of scale variation in mordheim.   A question of scale variation in mordheim. Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010 - 16:02

Scaling down? Quick light the signal for Paluke!

Quote :
Making a 'pocket' version of Mordheim (65% of the original) called Pocket Mordheim (PMH)
Pocket Mordheim Thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question of scale variation in mordheim.   A question of scale variation in mordheim. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question of scale variation in mordheim.
Page 1 of 1