HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Hi everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zosozeppelin

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Hi everyone   Fri 3 Dec 2010 - 17:03

I'm Dan, from Bristol, England. I'm just getting into Mordheim after hearing great things about it (it was Mordheim or Necromunda, but Mordheim won out)

I think I'm gonna play one of the unofficial warbands, but out of the official I like Carnival of Chaos. I like the Pirate Crew, and I also like the Tomb Guard one. Looks pretty awesome either way.

I got a couple of newbie questions:

1) Is their a warband I can use to represent Warriors of Chaos (perhaps using the plastic Warriors of Chaos models from the real game)

2) What models can I use to represent pirates in a pirate crew warband? I was looking at Long Drong's Slayer pirates from GW, with Long Drong himself as the Captain. But still, are there any human or other types of pirate models?

I saw these ones and wondered where they were from:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/img3d334634b9de2.jpg

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Fri 3 Dec 2010 - 17:23

Welcome aboard Dan!

1. Can't tell you about chaos it doesn't interest me, but some mutant will show up with an answer I'm sure.

2. Pirates! Now yer talking matey! Those likely lads you have a link to are made by Foundry. GW pirates are best represented by the Empire Militia box. Those were the original Mordheim models and they have a distinctly piratey bent.
Other non-GW pirates include Black Scorpion, Black Cat Bases, Reaper Minatures and a host of others. I suggest snooping through the Painting and Modeling and the Gallery for ideas.

Finally if you are looking for pirates zog da humies and da stunties an git yerseff some ORCS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Fri 3 Dec 2010 - 17:26

Hi Dan...WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Ye Somehow Cool Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May Your stay be LONG & MERRYY

On the Chaos Warrior: The Norse & the Marauders from Border Town Burning would be the War bands for the Chaos Lads.
There are quite a few mini makers with LOVELY Pirates to choice from; Black Scorpion, Ron & Bones, Reaper, Foundry, just to mention a few. Our own cianty has done up reviews of most of the ranges available: http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com . It's an entertaining blog to wander through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Today at 13:35

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Welcome Newbies!-
Jump to: