HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 
 

 The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Trulsa
General
General


Posts : 180
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 31
Location : Sweden

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 5:01

I was first wondering - haven't I seen those before - And yes, I did Smile But I haven't commented on them so it is about time... I LOVE your gobbos deaf, and sometimes I wish that I could just come over to your place and look at your figures for real... And I am just longing to see more of your work...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard


Posts : 17928
Trading Reputation : 8
Join date : 2008-04-03
Age : 69
Location : Horseshoe Bay, TX, USA

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 5:33

Trulsa wrote:
I was first wondering - haven't I seen those before - And yes, I did But I haven't commented on them so it is about time... I LOVE your gobbos deaf, and sometimes I wish that I could just come over to your place and look at your figures for real... And I am just longing to see more of your work...

I was kind of surprised to see the Lads had escaped from the dusty back of this section myself.
They've grown to two full all-painted-up War Bands with a third underway.
I'm happy you like them...they're pretty pleased about it themselves.

Drop by whenever your in the neighborhood...wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient


Posts : 409
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-01-05
Location : Mexico City

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sat 5 Dec 2009 - 22:35

DeafNala wrote:
wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.
Man, oh man.

That will be a dream.

I think I'm THE ONLY Mordheim gamer in my country (Nearly got to blackmail some friend to have a game ).

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trulsa
General
General


Posts : 180
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 31
Location : Sweden

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 0:41

DeafNala wrote:
Trulsa wrote:
I was first wondering - haven't I seen those before - And yes, I did But I haven't commented on them so it is about time... I LOVE your gobbos deaf, and sometimes I wish that I could just come over to your place and look at your figures for real... And I am just longing to see more of your work...

I was kind of surprised to see the Lads had escaped from the dusty back of this section myself.
They've grown to two full all-painted-up War Bands with a third underway.
I'm happy you like them...they're pretty pleased about it themselves.

Drop by whenever your in the neighborhood...wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.

Yeah, if I ever go to the US I will for sure make my best to go to a place near gamers to be able to visit some Wink What else could you do in the states? Get shot at? Strange enough I have never had a wish to go there, except för Area 51, that would be really cool Very Happy But I guess that they wouldn't let me in and show me their secrets... but now as I write it on a public forum they will come and abduct me or something What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fungomungus
General
General


Posts : 199
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-13
Location : Bandon, OR USA

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 1:02

Trulsa wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
Trulsa wrote:
I was first wondering - haven't I seen those before - And yes, I did But I haven't commented on them so it is about time... I LOVE your gobbos deaf, and sometimes I wish that I could just come over to your place and look at your figures for real... And I am just longing to see more of your work...

I was kind of surprised to see the Lads had escaped from the dusty back of this section myself.
They've grown to two full all-painted-up War Bands with a third underway.
I'm happy you like them...they're pretty pleased about it themselves.

Drop by whenever your in the neighborhood...wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.

Yeah, if I ever go to the US I will for sure make my best to go to a place near gamers to be able to visit some What else could you do in the states? Get shot at? Strange enough I have never had a wish to go there, except för Area 51, that would be really cool But I guess that they wouldn't let me in and show me their secrets... but now as I write it on a public forum they will come and abduct me or something


LMAO get shot at! Not everythng u watch on the news is how it is in this great nation. But there are good gamers who are gun toters
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard


Posts : 17928
Trading Reputation : 8
Join date : 2008-04-03
Age : 69
Location : Horseshoe Bay, TX, USA

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 3:29

Being a member of the TBMF community, in addition to being A LOT OF FUN, has been an enlightening experience as an American...it's proved to be like looking in the mirror & not seeing the person I expected to be looking back at me. To quite a great number of folk living outside of the States, we are apparently viewed as a nation of gunslingers. Once upon a time America was a refuge from oppression, a land of hope, & freedom...I think we MAY have screwed up BIG TIME.

magokiron wrote:
DeafNala wrote:
wouldn't it be GREAT if we all lived within visiting distance of each other.
Man, oh man.

That will be a dream.

I think I'm THE ONLY Mordheim gamer in my country (Nearly got to blackmail some friend to have a game ).

Best wishes.

That's my dream also, my friend. One of my possible relocation sites is Texas. For a REAL adventure, I could hop a bus loaded down with Mordheim gear & head South for the BIG SHOWDOWN in Mexico City, or you could head up North for the El Paso Shootout...sounds like a FINE dream to moi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran


Posts : 107
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Location : Belgium

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 8:36

...Maybe Tom should organise (or co-organise) a huge Boring Mordheim Meeting that lasts for a week or so and we'll have the most HUGE campaign ever
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fungomungus
General
General


Posts : 199
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-13
Location : Bandon, OR USA

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 10:46

We should get a mordheim showdown in the states sometime. I wonder how many of us live in Oregon, i know Mr.Chair and I both do Smile ?

That would be awesome, several tables, lots of minis, and lots of TBMF friends!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran


Posts : 107
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Location : Belgium

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 12:38

Well, I'm Belgian/European, so I vote for a US version and a European one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard


Posts : 17928
Trading Reputation : 8
Join date : 2008-04-03
Age : 69
Location : Horseshoe Bay, TX, USA

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 13:20

AND an Australian/New Zealand Meet; followed by THE BIG TOM INTERNATIONAL SHOW DOWN...if we do it equidistant, I figure it would take place somewhere in the jungles of Costa Rica.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran


Posts : 107
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Location : Belgium

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 17:01

...And then we'll make it a Lustria Campaign!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figgy
Elder
Elder


Posts : 365
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 22:41

DeafNala, I don't know you that well, but your name regularly comes up in our Mordheim games as someone we would love to play with and meet.

It's awesome to finally see some more of your work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard


Posts : 17928
Trading Reputation : 8
Join date : 2008-04-03
Age : 69
Location : Horseshoe Bay, TX, USA

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 23:11

Figgy wrote:
DeafNala, I don't know you that well, but your name regularly comes up in our Mordheim games as someone we would love to play with and meet.

I am best loved by people who don't know me...I'd NEVER willingly associate with me. That aside, I would LOVE to get to meet & game with SO MANY of the Guys & Gals that grace this Forum...yourself included. Who knows what the future holds? Maybe someday we'll meet across a gaming table.

Figgy wrote:
It's awesome to finally see some more of your work!

Glad you liked the Lads. I have somemore threads with photos floating around. Minis I do for other Folk tend toward a more realistic quality; my own stuff has a cartoony feel...I'm a fan of the absurd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figgy
Elder
Elder


Posts : 365
Trading Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 28

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Sun 6 Dec 2009 - 23:16

Right there with yah Deaf.

What proppa gobbo/orc player isn't a fan of the absurd?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient


Posts : 759
Trading Reputation : 1
Join date : 2008-11-22
Age : 31
Location : Netherlands, Groningen

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Mon 7 Dec 2009 - 9:22

DeafNala wrote:


Well, I guess the Night Goblins should look stoned, although not quite THAT stoned. Actually that's my latest priming tech: a wash type coat of black with a white dry brush. It kind of gives me the bright effects of a white undercoat & the shading of a black, but mostly it makes it easier to see detailing on the mini.THIS IS A SECRET TECHNIQUE: DON'T TELL ANYONE. Suspect


Then GREAT MINDS think a like deaf! I too stumbled upon this technique, whilst trying to mix black shading with white undercoat! I did one black undercoat with white drybrush (makes it VERY easy to see the details indeed!) and one with white undercoat with a black ink. The drybrush wins it by far!

Anyway, back on topic:

Awesome goblins! or Some Awe-ing Gobbo's! they are sweet! that is, if gobbo's can be described as sweet Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand   Today at 17:02

Back to top Go down
 
The Red Brotherhood: A WIP WarBand
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Kislev Warband
» Restless Dead Alternative Warband?
» Help with Orc Warband
» Possessed warband
» Starting an Orc Warband

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Painting and Modelling-
Jump to: