Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Prone models blocking charge question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
_si_
Warrior
Warrior
_si_

Trading Reputation : 0

charge - Prone models blocking charge question Empty
PostSubject: Prone models blocking charge question   charge - Prone models blocking charge question Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 16:45

Been a while since I've been on here!

Had a game this week and a odd situation came up, maybe as I'm a little rusty with the rules.

I had two models next to each other in a narrow gap (about 2 1/2" wide). In my opponent's turn he charges two models into combat - one on each. One combat is a stalemate, the other results in a stunned result on my model.

So my turn - in the recovery phase the model rolls over. As I understand the rules a prone model is NOT locked in combat and so could therefore crawl away half-movement in the movement phase. However as this movement occurs in the normal movement phase, and AFTER charges, even though I have a valid charge from a 3rd model (in terms of LOS and distance) I cannot declare the charge as the prone model needs to move out of the way before I can contact the enemy model with the charger. Is this right?

Back to top Go down
Count Lucius
Champion
Champion
Count Lucius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Prone models blocking charge question   charge - Prone models blocking charge question Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 17:02

I've always played with my friends that if a model is lying down on the ground they don't block LOS for a charge. It seems to me that you should be able to charge the closest enemy model in LOS, regardless of if one of your models is in front of you, standing up or lying down.
Back to top Go down
http://countchetcula.blogspot.com
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Prone models blocking charge question   charge - Prone models blocking charge question Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 17:12

Welcome back!

First check the rules for knocked down. (In the shooting section naturally since you are trying to check a combat rule, oy!) According to my rule book the only way a knocked down model can crawl away from combat is if his opponent is engaged in melee with another model. Thus in a one on one combat your knocked down guy is stuck.

Second since the knocked down model can't crawl away your charge is blocked if there is no room for the charging model to pass. I have tried to get around this by giving heroes the Leap skill, but even that might not help in a narrow alley.

We play that friendly models do block LOS and do not allow models behind to move through them. Knocked down and stunned models do not block LOS but do take up space.

Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Prone models blocking charge question   charge - Prone models blocking charge question Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov 2010 - 20:14

A model could crawl the 2 inches, if it wasn’t in combat. The crawling issue is from a shooter and looking for cover, so not to be shot at again. But being in combat, the prone model is locked into it, therefore couldn’t just crawl away. If the prone model is in “knock down” is would have to rely on Armor Saves or the Attacker to miss its Hits. The standing (Attacker) model is free to break combat with a prone model, as the prone model is not a threat. And is free the charge another model.

Since the prone model cannot crawl away from combat, it is still in Base Contact. Another model cannot be in base contact in the same space as the prone model. If the new attacking model can get to another side of the Threatening model’s base without going through another Threatening model’s base, then the new attacker would have to wait for an opening side to attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prone models blocking charge question   charge - Prone models blocking charge question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prone models blocking charge question
Page 1 of 1