Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

henchmen - Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point? Empty
PostSubject: Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?   henchmen - Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010 - 16:55

I was looking over the Beastman Warband rules, as I'd like for that to be my next warband.

One thing I thought interesting (and I hadn't really thought about it up until now) is that if Henchmen can only get a maximum of one advance per stat, why would there be a racial maximums for Minotaur? I mean, there's no real minotaur warband, and if they advance like henchmen, why not just note what stat cannot ever be raised?

There are several other (anomalous?) examples.

Just wondering what the point was.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?   henchmen - Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010 - 20:06

Lad's Got Talent. If they become a hero they need a list of maximum stats. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Keylan
Champion
Champion
Keylan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?   henchmen - Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010 - 20:38

Minotaur cant get LGT even they get exp, but its still nice to get max stats as they are given by warhammer universe. Its an aditional information if people go for houserules or want to use NPC Minotaur for custom senarios.

Last edited by Keylan on Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 1:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?   henchmen - Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct 2010 - 23:27

Keylan wrote:
Minotaur cant get LGT as they never get exp, but its still nice to get max stats as they are given by warhammer universe. Its an aditional information if people go for houserules or want to use NPC Minotaur for custom senarios.

Thanks. Sorry for not mentioning that Minotaur can't get LGT.

Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?   henchmen - Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2010 - 0:51

I'm not sure if it is why they do it, but as Keylan says it is useful for house rules and scenarios. In fact, I once ran a scenario where a couple of warbands had to track down a small pack of minotaurs, one of whom I have leveled as a hero.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?   henchmen - Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racial Maximums for some henchmen units - What's the point?
Page 1 of 1