HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Another session and some more questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darkfury
Captain
Captain

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Another session and some more questions   Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 13:54

Usual disclaimer. Sorry if these are silly questions.

1) If a model is stunned next to a drop and then falls, if he takes damage but on the injury table he gets a knocked down result I am thinking he is still stunned at the bottom.

2) A model that stuns a model which then falls to his death doesn't get the xp for taking the model OOA right?

3) If you are knocked down or stunned and then hit by an arrow do you still need to check again to see if he falls (assuming he is near an edge of course)?

4) Can you crit with a trolls vomit attack? I guess you can as it doesnt say you can't, and its not a spell..

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 17:00

1. Correct - the model is still stunned.

2. Technically, no. But our group has long played that whoever stunned (or knocked down) a model that then falls and is taken out of action by the fall does receive the experience (if a hero). Their attack led to the enemy warrior being taken out of action, after all. But that is a house rule. From a previous discussion either here or on Warseer, I think more than a few other groups use this house rule, too.

3. Unclear. I'm not sure it has come up for us - if it did, I don't remember us discussing it. My inclination would be to say that you roll when the model is first knocked down or stunned, and only roll a second time if the model was initially knocked down but is subsequently stunned.

4. I agree with your logic - it is defined as an "attack", and since the description does not specify that it cannot cause a crit, it should be able to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 18:51

3) Pretty sure the rules state that any time a model suffers a wound within an inch of an edge they have to take an initiative test and fall if they fail it. This means multiple wounds, melee or shooting, lead to multiple tests

4) I would say technically yes, but it seems silly. Are you EXTRA covered in acid?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 19:52

1. What Mr. Weaver said. Still stunned.

2. The Rules Mods are in favor of you gaining the experience although its still a house rule as far as I know.

3. What hero said.

4. Yes critical! Got some down the wrong pipe or something. Horrible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClausLars
Youngblood
Youngblood

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 20:06

2) I think the FAQ on the SG site says you do get the XP. Basically your model still caused the OOA, he just kicked them off a ledge rather than stuck him with something pointy.

hero wrote:
4) I would say technically yes, but it seems silly. Are you EXTRA covered in acid?

Just cause the troll hit you with it doesn't mean you're covered, hence the possibility of a crit. Either that or maybe the poor sod had his mouth open when he got puked on.

EDIT: Heh, Von Hursts post went up while I was typing mine. How is it both our minds went to swallowing acid vomit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Thu 7 Oct 2010 - 21:58

3) After reading the section where Knocked Down and Stunned are first discussed (under shooting) and then reading the section on KD/S and falling, I think probably the gotta-make-the-roll-every-time answer is indeed the correct one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 4:30

mweaver wrote:
2. Technically, no. But our group has long played that whoever stunned (or knocked down) a model that then falls and is taken out of action by the fall does receive the experience (if a hero). Their attack led to the enemy warrior being taken out of action, after all. But that is a house rule. From a previous discussion either here or on Warseer, I think more than a few other groups use this house rule, too.
We use this house rule too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flameon.co.uk
Darkfury
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Fri 8 Oct 2010 - 6:16

Thanks a ton, it does help a lot to be able to sound these things out. Rather than plod on wondering if you are doing it all wrong!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another session and some more questions   Today at 23:12

Back to top Go down

Another session and some more questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1