Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Miscellaneous equipment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Miscellaneous equipment  Empty
PostSubject: Miscellaneous equipment    Miscellaneous equipment  Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 3:03

I know with close combat and shooting weapon you can only have 2 but is there a limit to the number of miscellaneous equipment I can hold?

P.S. Does the dagger count towards to the maximum of 2 close combat weapons, I forgot were to find this rules in the rule book.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous equipment    Miscellaneous equipment  Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 3:57

limit of misc equipment is how much you can afford. If you want a model to carry 100gc of equipment, be prepared for him to die and you lose all of that.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous equipment    Miscellaneous equipment  Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 4:05

That is a good question about the weapons limits and the free dagger... I don't know where it is. We play 3 melee weapons, but one is the free dagger you can never offload. And two missile weapons. I thought that was the rule, but I can't find it. In the rules section on starting a warband it says:

"Each warrior you recruit can be armed with up to two close combat weapons, up to two different missile weapons and any armour chosen from the appropriate list." (p. 47 of the Living Rulebook).

No mention of a free dagger there. In the Trading section at the back of the book, where it has the one page that show availability and costs, it notes the first dagger is free.

Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous equipment    Miscellaneous equipment  Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 4:40

Ok, it's in the the Errata on GW Website:

Page 65, 1st column, 1st paragraph of Weapons and Armour
Replace the first sentence with:
“Each warrior you recruit can be armed with up to two close combat weapons (in addition to his free dagger), up to two different missile weapons and any armour chosen from the appropriate list. For these purposes, a brace of pistols counts as a single missile weapon.”

EDIT:
And just in case:
Q: Can a free dagger be given to another member of the warband or sold?
A: No. A warrior will always keep his dagger as a last line of defence. It cannot be given away or sold.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous equipment    Miscellaneous equipment  Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010 - 5:00

I knew I'd see the last Q&A somewhere. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous equipment    Miscellaneous equipment  Icon_minitimeThu 30 Sep 2010 - 22:15

There isn’t a listed max amount of miscellaneous items that can be carried. So if you can afford it, you can carry. A character can not carry more than 2 Close Combat Weapons and 2 Ranged Weapons, plus Free Dagger. The Dagger had to be listed as “Free Dagger”

There are some cases where a character could use 2 C.C. Weapons and Dagger. Tail Fighting is one. And My group allows Mutants with more than 2 arms, to use the Dagger in the third arm, and punch with any other arms.

On the weapon’s issue with Free Dagger: my group discussed it at length, many years ago. It started with Injury Results of “Captured” and “Robbed”. The Q&A says, that a character would not be without his Dagger. Okay, I could see a character not willing to get up his “Last Line of Defense”. But what if he’s Robbed or Captured? Would the Enemy be so cruel to take Everything and leave him a Dagger. Or, “You’re my prisoner! I’m going to sell you to Slavers. Thanks for all your gear. Oh by the way, Here’s your Dagger back.” I would doubt it. We agreed that if you could lose your Dagger, you could buy a new one. A “Free Dagger” could not be sold, but could be given to a team mate, if that member was short on gold to buy other weapons or put into Storage at camp if the dagger is no longer needed, but maybe needed latter.

Maybe, this last would be a good starting thread for a new topic. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous equipment    Miscellaneous equipment  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous equipment
Page 1 of 1