Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Playing with Bretonians

Go down 
+6
mweaver
Shadowphx
Charybdis0
5pointer
Soulblight
Speckie
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Trading Reputation : 0

Playing with Bretonians - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing with Bretonians   Playing with Bretonians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep 2010 - 23:24

Yup. For a while my wife was running warband made up of the Croc Games Basti (cat) figures, using shadow elf rules.
Back to top Go down
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Bretonians   Playing with Bretonians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010 - 3:56

The core ruleset gave us the three key human warbands - shooty, melee and well equipped. Its amazing what can be done with those three warbands. Though the witch hunters and sisters are good additons. I think I'd proxy one of the mercenary warbands for pirates too. Great models exist for pirates but the rules are a bit blah.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Bretonians   Playing with Bretonians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep 2010 - 4:49

I promise to bug my shiftless brother to post the alternate pirate warband I did on his blog. They have seen some playtesting. Blah they aren't - but I'm not sure the balance is right. They are based ion the historical (not Warhammery) precedent that pirate crews were often very diverse in terms of nationality, race, and religion. (OK, mainly I wanted an opportunity to use all those nifty human, orc, goblin, and dwarf pirate minis).
Back to top Go down
Goglutin
Elder
Elder
Goglutin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Bretonians   Playing with Bretonians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010 - 19:04

I played a Bretonnian warband and it wasnot so bad.

But there are more than one ''strange'' thing about this warband so we gave it an edge by :

1- First in Mordheim you are only allowed one horse per warband. (we gave an edge to the bretonnians giving them the possibilty to have up to 6!!!) - I think this should have been an official advantage but well ... its not.

2- Lance : I'm not sure about this one but charging on horseback with a lance would give a total of +4S (+2 basic and +2 for the charge). That give the knight a very powerful attack. The opportunity to keep the lance for the rest of the fight (getting +2S) and still carry a shield, have an heavy armor + the horse barding give it 2+ armour save .. wich is very good !!

3- Knight errants have the speed skill list while the squire have the strength.. strange - we reversed that.

4 - We played that each squire is attached to a particular knight. If the knight is killed than the squire leaves the warband. But if the squire have at least one virtue special skill, we consider him a grown up knight instead (change is equipment list, give him the knight type and the immune to all alone test ability - (he gets the knight skill list too- losing the speed to get strenght.) but keep his advancement and XP. You can hire a new squire for the new knight !

5- Give the riding warhorse skill to all knights when you hire them ( but not to a squire grown up to knight !)

I hope those mods and clarifications will help you create a successful bretonnian warband.

*** - Bretonnians, even with those modifications are still a bit weaker than many warbands !!!
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Bretonians   Playing with Bretonians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010 - 21:59

Well, in my version of the Brets, here are the following tweaks I'd recommend:

Leader - drop to 70gc (NO reason it's as high as 80.)
Errant - may take comb, strength, & speed (and special)
Squire - may take comb at & SPEED (instead of strength)

Squire only skill:
Knight errantry - the squire may choose to become a knight errant. He gains the skill "Knightly Virtue" and access to the Bret Special skills. As a knight, he must immediately switch his equipment over to the Knight equipment, forsaking all missile weapons.

If I were to completely redo the warband, I'd replace the lady's blessing with lucky charms, make squires a henchmen group instead of a hero group, and make the special skills more practical (shield bash, bulging muscles), but eh, that's only the ranting of crazed nerdboy.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Bretonians   Playing with Bretonians - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playing with Bretonians
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2