Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Witch Hunter Warband

Go down 
+28
JoaoS
opaque
Spectre76
Alex
Von Kurst
flipchuck
floedebolle
Paboook
Ordo Septenarius
Mephysto
Mr.chair
BurnTheWitch
Grimscull
Aldhick
drakkol
Elmoth
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Tewfik
5pointer
sianpää
pascal the rascal
Pirexian
quidamcorvus
vampirekhaine
Speckie
SerialMoM
DeafNala
Dreng Tromm
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 4:52

Greetings Fellow Travelers of the Old World!

To the east of the Old World lies the ancient and impossibly high World's Edge Mountains. This snow capped mountain range officially extends from the Nehekhara in the far south, up into the far north past Kislev, before branching west into Norsca. They separate the desolate Dark Lands in the east from the civilised lands of the Empire and Kislev in the west.

Within these rugged and unbroken chain of mountains, specifically along the ancient route known as Black Fire Pass, lies a reclusive Monastery known as Sigmar's Cross which houses the ancient Sigmarite Order of The Unberogen Brotherhood. It is an exclusive and puritanical brotherhood of Warrior Priests whose membership admits only of individuals who could prove their lineage and bloodlines to Sigmar's Unberogen tribe.

One of its members, Joachim Gottschalk, the warrior-priest companion of Van Orbrant's Witch Hunter Warband has requested for an acolyte to help bolster the ranks of Van Orbrant's warband following the death of Marius Gausser in the hands of the traitor Helmut Everard.

Enter Erchanhardt Metzger...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Warriorpriest003

Metzger was orignally schooled in Sigmar's ways in Altdorf but he found the comforts of Altdorf to be too corrupting and hypocritical.
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Warriorpriest004

He then left the capital and entered the Unberogen Brotherhood. He quickly distinguished himself from his peers on account of his zealot-like faith and devotion to Sigmar and his unwavering hatred for all things Chaos. He is also particularly adept at weeding out necromancy and banishing the undead.
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Warriorpriest001

Metzger would indeed be the perfect addition to Van Orbrant's warband...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Warriorpriest002
... if only he would stop singing those damn sigmarite hymns! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 8:44

You know what? The more Iook at them and the more i like your painted wood and stones.

With this INTERESTING background and your NICE minis and scenery...it's a pity you don't try to make a short "comic"...a sort of photostory...i think you could have much followers in the net.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011 - 12:36

VERY NICELY DONE! What really sets your finely done pieces apart from the norm is the cinematic way you have of presenting them in appropriate scenes. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 3:22

@ DeafNala:
Thank you sir for the compliments. I think we all strive to make our "toy soldiers" look more real by placing them in their proper context. I am merely contributing my small share in the hope of inspiring others and to learn from others as well. Very Happy

@ drakkol:
I am glad to hear that you approve of what I have done thus far and in response to your suggestion, I have made an attempt to create a "photostory" of Erchanhardt Metzger. Here goes:

Somewhere in Stirland...

A member of the town watch is attacked by zombies and ghouls.

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Sagaofthewarriorpriest004

The town elders send word to Elberich Van Orbrant, who responds promptly...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Sagaofthewarriorpriest005

and sends Joachim Gottschalk, Erchanhardt Metzger and their flagellant warband to confront this evil.
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Sagaofthewarriorpriest002

The group is shortly surrounded by the undead and their numbers were soon whittled down by the seemingly endless forces of the restless dead.
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Sagaofthewarriorpriest003

Joachim, realizing that they would soon be overwhelmed unless they destroy the person responsible for this zombie attack, orders Metzger to locate and destroy the Necromancer responsible. Metzger reluctantly disengages from the battle and soon tracks the foul sorcerer who also happens to be a priest of Morr. Metzger corners him and the necromancer tries a feeble and desperate attempt to defend himself...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Sagaofthewarriorpriest001
but the righteous fury of Erchanhardt Metzger would not be deterred and the divine justice of Sigmar will be carried out tonight!

I hope you like this short story. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 7:48

Good stuff. I love the scenery and the lighting you use when taking the pictures.
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 9:38

Oh yes, i love it...but you made your bigger mistake ever...now someone could want more...and more...and more...for example...me. study Others? bounce
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 9:57

@ Ordo Septenarius:
Thank you for taking the time to go over my posts and for the compliments.

@ drakkol:
I shall endeavor to comply to your request Herr Dwarf Lord from a little dwarven hold in Friuli–Venezia Giulia Italy.
Back to top Go down
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 10:26

Great thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://quidamcorvus.blogspot.com/
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord
Paboook

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 12:07

Cool bounce

I also like the ghouls from Mantic better than the GW ones. These look more like a human.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 13:50

Using the minis & scenery to tell a tale graphic novel style is the ULTIMATE in presentation...VERY WELL & IMAGINATIVELY DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 16:48

Great story and pics, and of course, above all, the warband.Like drakkol said before, your way to paint wooden things is looking better and better to me, like it!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jul 2011 - 17:32

@Dreng Tromm: Thanks a lot but...I hope this way to present your work amuses you (while doing it) at least as much amuses us to look at it (and spend time looking every tasty detail you created).
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 4:16

With their ever-growing numbers, the need to replace Helmut Everard's role as pageboy has increasingly become apparent upon Elberich Van Orbrant and after a recent trip to the moot, this role has now been filled in the person of Thaddeus Stout Heart.

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Halfling002-1

Thaddeus has always possessed an adventurous spirit which is unusual for a halfling and when the Witch Hunter Warband of Van Orbrant passed through the moot for some supplies en route to some mission, Thaddeus saw in this an opportunity to explore the world. So he hid himself in one of the potato sacks purchased by the group and "stowed away" within the baggage wagon of Joachim Gottschalk.

Immediately after leaving the moot, the baggage train was ambushed by some beastmen. In the midst of the battle, an ungor tried to take control of the supply wagon with the intention of stealing the same. All of a sudden, a loud but shrill battle cry pierced the sounds of battle and a rather diminutive warrior emerged from within the wagon armed with a small dagger, a wooden bucket for a helmet and an old Dwarf shield . Thaddeus bravely attacked the would-be raider and needless to say, was able to single-handedly slay the surprised ungor.

Van Orbrant was so impressed by the halfling's courage that he allowed Thaddeus to be a part of his warband. He has since then became the warband's pageboy, chef and unofficial bard.

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Halfling-1

I hope you guys like him.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 12:11

Lack of stature does not necessarily mean a reduction in prowess...or so it would seem. Suspect
VERY COOL mini & VERY WELL painted! The eyes are particularly striking. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 18:58

MOOT MOOT MOOT!Graet paintjob my friend!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug 2011 - 2:45

Wow! Truely impressive. ANy chance of a thread about the gaming table you play on?
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug 2011 - 10:21

Greetings flipchuck!

I actually posted my gaming table over at the scenery gallery under the thread entitled, "Dreng Tromm's Buildings." Smile
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug 2011 - 10:46

Sweet. I'll check it out. Those are kind of tables I want to play on. I'm trying to make my gaming tables just as good. From experience, the games that I play on gaming tables with matching terrain, are the better games. A detailed table just brings the game to life. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 6:57

It has been some time since I posted anything but it does not mean that I have been idle hobby-wise. I have worked on several projects including some pretty amazing miniatures. I have also acquired a Realm of Battle Game Board and I am presently painting it. As soon as it is done, I shall share the same with the TBMF community.

For now, let me share GERHARD GOTTBERT, a Sigmarit Priest who has come to the assistance of Elberich Van Orbrant in his quest to avenge his friend.
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Newstuff002-1

More to follow...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 13:09

Nice to see you're still with us, Amigo. cheers
The new Holy Guy looks RIGHTEOUSLY COOL...most definitely up to your usual high standards. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 17:01

Welcome back Dreng! Excellent work.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 19:59

those are some really amazing miniatures! Fantastic painting! I absolutely love the way you have painted the bases.

And kudos on the backstory!!! good fluff really brings the whole thing to life.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Apr 2012 - 20:17

VERY well done sir! Love the back story and paint work on the minis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012 - 5:44

It has been some time since I made any update regarding the adventures of Herr Orbrant's warband and this is due to the fact that I have not had any games as of late. Nevertheless, I have picked up an interesting character that could prove interesting to Van Orbrant's group.

Meet Jonas Totengraber, Bane of the undead...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Reapergravedigger_zps7096fd4f
Jonas has always been around death for as long as he could remember. His mother died while giving birth to him. Soon after, his two brothers and sister fell ill and died due to the plague unleashed by skaven plague monks that ravaged Nuln during the reign of Emperor Luitpold in the year 2499.

Jonas and his father then moved to Praag.

As a child, he would frequently accompany his father who worked as a grave digger in many a dark and foreboding cemeteries that peppered the vast countryside of Kislev.

When Praag was invaded by the forces of chaos led by Arek Demonclaw, Jonas was one of the many youths who volunteered to join the militia. Fighting alongside notable characters such as Gotrek and Felix, Jonas made a distinction for himself by slaying a group of zombies, who moments before, had been his fellow soldier and had fallen in defense of their beloved Praag and were then resurrected by one of the twin chaos sorcerers who aided Arek Demonclaw.

In defense of the northern gates against overwhelming odds and despite the fact that he was ordered to retreat, the scrawny unassuming man refused to give the forces of chaos any quarter. Such was his hatred for chaos that he was like a one-man army holding off a small army of the undead. This amazing feat was highlighted when Jonas found himself face to face with his father, who had died a week before Praag was attacked. Placed in a situation that would have disheartened a normal individual, Jonas beheaded his father with tears streaming from his eyes.

Of course, this feat did not go unnoticed. He was thereafter recruited to become a witch hunter and he has since then proven most adept at slaying the undead.

(The miniature is from Reaper)
Back to top Go down
opaque
Knight
Knight
opaque

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2012 - 6:25

A nice miniature, a nice paintjob, a nice photo with that nice scenery in the back and a nice story for his background. I like your stuff a lot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Witch Hunter Warband
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next