Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Witch Hunter Warband

Go down 
+28
JoaoS
opaque
Spectre76
Alex
Von Kurst
flipchuck
floedebolle
Paboook
Ordo Septenarius
Mephysto
Mr.chair
BurnTheWitch
Grimscull
Aldhick
drakkol
Elmoth
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Tewfik
5pointer
sianpää
pascal the rascal
Pirexian
quidamcorvus
vampirekhaine
Speckie
SerialMoM
DeafNala
Dreng Tromm
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010 - 4:51

Greetings Fellow Travelers of the Old World!

The cursed streets of Mordheim is literally overrun by vermin and not just the ones that crawl on four legs. For centuries, these mutated "ratmen" have lived in secret burrowing beneath the world of man. They have undermined his great cities and inflitrated his sewers and cellars leaving behind death and destruction either from the poisoned blades of their assassins or from the diseases that they ritually brew up and let loose upon the unsuspecting citizens of the Empire. These creatures are known as the Skaven.

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER002

While the Skaven are generally regarded as myth by the people of the Empire, anyone who looks hard enough would know that the Skaven are indeed real. There have always been signs for those who cared to see them: a scurrying black shadow, an inhuman scream from the sewers, scuttling shapes at the back of any cellar or heavily robed men with long tails jutting forth from their filthy ragged robes AND none is more adept at hunting these creatures in the City of the Damned than Gustav Traugott, The Rat Slayer...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER011-2

Gustav is a Middenheimer noble who eschewed and foresook his noble heritage and the comforts that came with it in order to live the life of an advenurer. Gustav is a fierce follower of the God Ulric and has a penchant for picking fights in order to prove his fighting prowess. Consequently, Gustav has become an accomplished fighter encased in a powerful frame of both brawn and muscles.

When news of the evil that has befallen Mordheim reached him, Gustav resolved to go to Mordheim and immediately joined the infamous Middenheim Warband of Gotthand Keller. Gustav eventually formed his own warband and on one occasion, he led his men through the sewers of Mordheim where they were ambushed by a band of Skaven assassins. Gustav lost all of his men and would have also perished in the hands of the Clan Eshin had it not been for the timely intervention of Van Orbrant's group. Shaken by what has happened to his men and with his encounter with the Skaven, Gustav has since then joined the warband of Van Orbrant and has dedicated his life to eradicating what he calls as "The Greatest Threat to Man."

I hope you guys like him!

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER002-10
Gustav chances upon a Skaven Plague Monk in the slums of Mordheim...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER003-12
and he soon finds himself surrounded by the Skaven Plague Brewers. Cornered, Gustav whispers a prayer to Ulric for strength as he prepares to do battle.

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER004-10
Adalhard Ehrlichmann rushes to help Gustav just in time and the Plague Monks are easily slain by the two Witch Hunters. While cleaning their weapons, Gustav turns to Adalhard and says, "That was close. You certainly took your time in getting here. What took you so long to get here anyway? Where in Sigmar's name were you?"

Adalhard simply shrugs his shoulders and says, "I was busy taking care of an even BIGGER RAT PROBLEM..."

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER001-12

Last edited by Dreng Tromm on Fri 1 Oct 2010 - 5:03; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010 - 14:14

Traugott is a REALLY COOL MINI!...nice bit of kit-bashing. The action scenes ROCK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct 2010 - 3:45

Thank you DeafNala!
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct 2010 - 4:50

Every warband needs a page boy... or a helper who takes care of the domestic needs of the warband. Someone who performs the menial functions of taking care of the logistical needs of the group. Witch Hunter Vam Orbrant's group is no exception. After all, someone needs to cook (especially when there are no taverns or inns nearby) and feed Otto, Greta, Hans, Max and Wolf. Someone also needs to watch over the group's supplies while the warband is off fighting with the forces of Chaos. This task falls on the able shoulders of a young man named Helmut Everard...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER002-3
Helmut is a young orphan from Talabheim whom Van Orbrant took in as his page boy. He was discovered by Van Orbrant and by Baltasar Altmann hiding in a closet in a small farm on the outskirts of Talabheim when he was still 9 years old. His parents had been brutally murdered, eaten and dismembered. Based form the hoof-prints around and within the farmhouse, both Van Orbrant and Altmann suspected that Beastmen were behind the atrocity. Consequently, Van Orbrant took the young boy and has since then acted as the boy's guardian.

There is however one thing about Helmut: Helmut has not spoken a single word since he was found by Van Orbrant although there is nothing physcially wrong with him. Van Orbrant charges this condition to Helmut's shock and trauma at seeing his family's massacre but Baltasar Altmann suspects something else... but that is another story.

Now in his teens, Helmut has become the warband's official page boy but that is not to say that Helmut is not able to hold his own in a fight. Marius Gausser has undertaken to teach the young lad some martial skills and Helmut has shown some skill in the use of spears.

I hope you guys like him...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER001-4
Helmut is seen here standing gaurd and protecting Van Orbrant's supplies.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Oct 2010 - 14:19

PRETTY COOL painting & background. Helmut is even sporting the Talabheim colors. VERY NICE! thumbsup
I somehow missed the Rat Guy...VERY WELL DONE mini. He really captures the Skaven mystique...the dirty, disgusting, rat thing. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 6:11

It has been some time since I made any posts in this particular thread and a lot of things have happened in Van Orbrant’s warband since then.

To begin with, tragedy has befallen this particular warband… a most painful tragedy because it is one borne by betrayal and treachery.

Marius Gausser is DEAD...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER-2

…murdered by Helmut Everard, the group’s silent pageboy who, through the years has been struggling with the corrupting influence and tint of chaos!
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER002-3-1-1

This unfortunate incident happened while the rest of Van Orbrant’s warband were pursuing a group of cultists operating in the merchant region of Mordheim. Nursing an injury from a previous altercation with the forces of chaos, Marius, upon orders from Van Orbrant, begrudgingly stayed behind with Helmut. Marius, who was bored and was not used to being left behind with the warband’s baggage train decided to resume Helmut’s martial training.

He then went inside Helmut’s tent and was shocked to see Helmut’s evil secret! He found Helmut feeding what looked like a small growth that jutted from his belly. It was actually a small head which grew and manifested when Helmut turned eighteen (18).

After having seen the mutation, Marius unsheathed his sword and resolved to remove this evil tint of chaos from his pupil’s body but unfortunately, Helmut thought that Marius was going to kill him and he reached for his spear and thrust the same into his mentor, who, due to his injuries was not able to parry the same.

Helmut left the camp hurriedly.

Van Orbrant soon found the mortally wounded Marius who, with his dying breath, relayed the events that led to his last few minutes…
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 6:27

The death of Marius Gausser had a profound effect to Van Orbrant’s Witch Hunter Warband and none was more affected by this tragedy than Elberich Van Orbrant. He had raised Helmut as a son and Marius was more than a brother to him. He wanted to avenge Marius’ death but could he pass judgment and slay someone who was practically a son to him? Torn by his conflicting emotions, Elberich decided to seek counsel from his mentor.

Meet NICODEMUS RICHTER…
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER002-13

Nicodemus is a retired Witch Hunter who occasionally comes out of retirement when the need arises. As pointed out hereinabove, he used to be Van Orbrant’s mentor and through the years, Nicodemus has provided counsel and wisdom to elector counts and even the Emperor himself.

What’s going to happen next? What advise will Nicodemus give Van Orbrant? What will happen to this warband? Stay tuned to this thread to find out! Very Happy

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER003-16

Last edited by Dreng Tromm on Thu 10 Feb 2011 - 1:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 13:52

NICE LOOKING mini! The background story might just add more to the mini than the paint job...with my Goblins the fluff is more like a Bugs Bunny Cartoon. GREAT STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Elmoth
Champion
Champion
Elmoth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 16:59

Really cool thread!!!! Love it. Congratulations for a cool back story for your band AND a really nice band! I will be looking forward to updates to this thread Very Happy

Cheers,
Xavi
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb 2011 - 21:09

Eheh...i'll stay tuned...don't worry...a really good BG Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011 - 20:38

just don't want as long as last time to feed us some more pics & fluff !
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 2:48

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aldhick
Veteran
Veteran
Aldhick

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Feb 2011 - 11:36

I dig your gang and it's style! I'm great fan of oldschool Mordheim models that make the original Mordheim atmoshphere. And your pics are filled with it. I love the converted witch hunter with torch - he fits to the rest of the gang perfectly.
Looking forward to see more of your great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 9:39

Greetings Fellow Travlers of the Old World!

After secluding himself in deep consultation with his former mentor, Van Orbarnt has resolved to hunt down his former pageboy Helmut Everard who has been rumored to have sought refuge in the dark and forboding forests surrounding Mordheim. In order to bolster their diminshed warband, Van Orbrant has instructed Joachim Gottschalk, his warrior priest companion to boltster their ranks with more flagellants...

These are my recently painted flagellants:

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER007-10

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER004-15

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER005-10

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER003-18

I hope you guys like them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 10:50

Their numbers bolstered, Van Orbarant's warband marches forward in search of the traitor Helmut Everard !

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER010-5

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER011-3
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 14:02

GREAT LOOKING GROUP SHOT! They make a really striking War Band. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 15:10

I scanned through the thread and didn't find anyone asking already, so I will: what model did you use for Baltasar Altmann?
Nice looking warband you have there!
Back to top Go down
BurnTheWitch
General
General
BurnTheWitch

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011 - 21:17

Wow, that was a nice tour of your warband!!! I've been thinking about making a witch hunter warband myself (mainly for the cool miniatures) and this thread has been a great inspiration Very Happy thanks!

BTW: what miniatures did you use for your hounds?
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2011 - 17:09

You've created a truly lovely warband. The colors are very vibrant, and the background is great.
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 9:11

My apologies for the late answer to your questions. The realities of life and the demands of work is apparently the culprit. Nevertheless, I shall endeavor to answer and respond to some of our member's comments.

@ Grimscull:
Baltasar Altmann is a miniature manufactured by Privateer Press of Warmachine fame. He is a character from the Mercenaries faction named Harlan Phineas Versh, the illuminated one.

@BurnTheWitch:
The hounds were actually part of a 1/35 WW2 German FELDGENDARMERIE with dogs kit fmanufactured by this comapny called DRAGON. I realized that the dogs were too small to be 1/.35 but were just right for 28mm miniatures.

@ DeafNala, Grimscull, BurnTheWitch and Mr.chair:
Thank you alll for the comments. I am glad that you like my work. Your kind words are indeed sources of encouragement for me.
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2011 - 9:30

I would like to share my most recent addition to my ever-growing flagellant...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER015-1

For this specific miniature, I used GW's plastic flagellant and incorporated the unique standard/icon from GW's plastic empire general/captain kit. Quite frankly and this is just my opinion, this particular iconography is more fitting as a standard for these lunatics rather than for an army.

This is a picture of my flagellants in action as they go against the forces of chaos along a tributary of the river taal in talabheim...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 WARHAMMER008-8

I hope you like it!
Back to top Go down
Mephysto
Veteran
Veteran
Mephysto

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 21:38

Dreng Tromm wrote:
I hope you like it!
I certainly do, and, having browsed through your whole thread, am simply in awe with ... well ... everything. Very Happy
The conversions and painting of your models, the background fluff and the combination with the scenery, the photos ... phenomenal! thumbsup

I also have one question regarding the little puppy (formerly Hans, now Wolf) - where is that cute model from? Not from the Feldgendarmerie like the others, I suppose (I did not find any sprue pictures from that kit, but I doubt that the WW2 Germans had many puppies with them Wink)?
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 3:13

Greetings Mephysto!

I am glad to know that you like what I have posted thus far. The copmments and critiques of the members of this amazing (albeit boring Very Happy) forum is a constant source of inspiration for me.

To answer your question, the puppy was taken from an old and discontinued Tamiya farm animals line in 1/35 scale. I was fortunate enough to buy a large enough quantity of the same during a "hobby-foraging" trip I had in Hong Kong.

Incidentally, I also paint miniatures in 1/35 scale and I make dioramas based on the WW2 period.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 13:15

I agree that the standard is more appropriate for a Flagellant or maybe a Knights of Morr unit than a regular Empire unit or army...marching under the Shadow of Death could be a source of inspiration for mass desertion. As always VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

If you'd care to share photos of your WWII pieces, they'd look fine in the Historical corner of the Shout It Out Section. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mephysto
Veteran
Veteran
Mephysto

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr 2011 - 21:49

Thanks for the answer, Dreng Tromm - I think I saw that pack once, too, but I did not think about 1/35's being suitable for 28mm scale. Good to be proven otherwise. Razz

Seeing some pictures of your historicals would indeed be interesting - as long as it does not distract you from continuing van Orbrant's odysseys. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Witch Hunter Warband
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next