Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Witch Hunter Warband

Go down 
+28
JoaoS
opaque
Spectre76
Alex
Von Kurst
flipchuck
floedebolle
Paboook
Ordo Septenarius
Mephysto
Mr.chair
BurnTheWitch
Grimscull
Aldhick
drakkol
Elmoth
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Tewfik
5pointer
sianpää
pascal the rascal
Pirexian
quidamcorvus
vampirekhaine
Speckie
SerialMoM
DeafNala
Dreng Tromm
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Empty
PostSubject: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 3:38

Greetings Fellow Travelers of the Old World!

My name is Dreng Tromm and I am a new member of this forum. I am based in the Philippines and I would like to share some of my work with the community. At present, I am making a Witch Hunter Warband.

This is the first miniature for this Warband...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER006-1
His name is Elberich Van Orbrant.

Elberich Van Orbrant is a feared and respected member of the Order of the Templars of Sigmar, more commonly known as the Witch Hunters. He is an intelligent, perceptive, and shrewd individual. He is likewise an uncompromising, calculating and charismatic soldier of Sigmar and a true leader of men who had, on several occassions given up the opportunity to be appointed and elected as Grandmaster of the secretive Order. Instead, he prefers to be on the battlefield of the Old World waging his personal war against Chaos.

Prior to becoming a Witch Hunter, Elberich was once married to a daughter of a Reiklander nobility but Greta Van Orbrant eventually lost her life to a cultist ambush along the Drakwald forests en route to Middenheim. Consequently, Elberich joined the Order of the Templars of Sigmar and has since then pursued the forces of Chaos with an almost fanatical dedication.

Elberich is so dedicated to his war against chaos that, on one occassion, he even burned his own uncle, whom he discovered to be a secret follower of Slaanesh. He is also the only documented Witch Hunter who has single-handedly destroyed and banished a Blood Thirster of Khorne - a feat which left Van Orbrant with a permanent limp.

The destruction of Mordheim has given Elberich a new area of operations for his campaign against the forces of Chaos. In the light of the proclamations of the Grand Theogonist proclaiming Sigmar's paunishment of Mordheim, Elberich stands poised to complete Sigmar's holy purpose by destroying his enemies within the ruins of the city itself.

The miniature was a treat to paint and when placed in an appropriate setting, the dark colors I used seems to blend itself rather well to the foreboding world of the Witch Hunters. I also hand-painted the base to simulate cobblestones and even "sculpted" some loose ones to generate subtle points of interests. I hope you guys like it.

Last edited by Dreng Tromm on Fri 17 Sep 2010 - 8:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 3:49

This is the second miniature I worked on who will be made a part of Van Orbrant's Witch Hunter Warband...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Warhammer009
This guy is a Mordheim Flagellant and like most of GW's miniatures, it was a treat to work on. I especially love the hand puppet which pretty much sums up the mental condition of these flagellants. As usual, the base of the miniature is hand-painted to simulate cobblestones. I also love placing these figs in their proper contextual setting when I take pictures of them because it just helps heighten the miniature's character. In the background is a Sigmarite Chapel which I made from balsa wood and cork.

I hope you guys like it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 4:14

VERY IMPRESSIVE looking minis & background scenery! TERRIFIC facial expressions seem to be your forte. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 5:46

Thank you DeafNala for the kind words!

Here's the third and fourth member of Van Orbrant's Witch Hunter Warband in a group shot with the first flagellant...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Warhammer006

These miniatures are from GW's old metal flagellants and I chose them because of the miniatures' facial expression and characterful pose that again betray their mental condition as well as their "Sigmarian" fervor and devotion. A perfect companion for any Witch Hunter.

I just love these flagellants!

I hope you guys also love what I have done with them.

P.S.

Notice also how the "cobblestone" base makes the figs look more coherent as a unit?
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 7:30

Your minis are looking really impressive.

I am looking forward for the rest of the band
Back to top Go down
Speckie
Captain
Captain
Speckie

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 8:28

Awesome stuff! Steadily resenting people on thisforum due to their painting skills. Honestly how do you paint eyes and mouths? Maybe it's a thing with old models, I remember being able to do it, been out of it all for a while. And now on my warrior priest with add weapon I just can't... though I don't think GW did either?

*sigh.
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 15:49

Very well painted! I like the way you paint the skin and such, very lively impression!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 17:58

Watching an OH-SO-COOL War Band evolve is always a pleasure. I'm already looking forward to eventual Group Shot Finale. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 18:02

Wow, the eyes and moustasche are uncanny! Lovely paintjob!
Back to top Go down
quidamcorvus
Etheral
Etheral
quidamcorvus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 22:37

Burn the witch!
Kill the mutant!
Purge the unclean!

Wink

Great job Smile
Back to top Go down
http://quidamcorvus.blogspot.com/
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 3:17

My sincerest thanks to SerialMom, Speckie, vampirekhaine, DeafNala, Opheliate and quidamcorvis for all your kind words. I have long been a fan of this forum and the works of its members and it is truly humbling to be on the receiving end of such much-appreciated words of encouragement.

Last edited by Dreng Tromm on Sun 12 Sep 2010 - 1:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 4:32

I would like to share with you the fourth flagellant I worked on...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER005-6
As usual, I loved painting this old GW flagellant. I particularly adore the stoic expression on this fig and the way he gives you that matter-of-fact look. I guess he's thinking, "What? you did'nt know that the world is coming to a fiery end? D-uh?!!"

Again, I hope you guys like it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 5:00

Wow... the detail on the parchments are great! You even made the paper look old and miscolored. Im seriously impressed cheers

Any chance of seeing some of our canine friends in this thread? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 5:16

Thank you Opheliate.

I am still working on a couple of warhounds. I shall post them here as soon as I am done with them.
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2010 - 5:43

This is Van Orbrant's Warrior Priest companion...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband SigmaritePriest
I have named him Joachim Gottschalk.

Here's a group shot of Joachim, together with the flagellants...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER007-4
In painting these figs, I have used a limited color scheme in order to make the warband appear more cohesive as a unit while still retaining their individuality. The "cobblestone" base also helps to tie them all together when I use the miniatures for my warhammer games.

I hope you guys like it.

Last edited by Dreng Tromm on Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 0:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2010 - 0:29

Awesome Redness, this is a very cool warband, I really dig it.
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 1:38

Greetings Pirexian.

Thank you very much for your comments.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 14:00

very nice looking warband !
i particularly like the way you paint the faces, and then especially the eyes ; really well done !
keep those pics coming !
as above, i'm eagerly awaiting your warhounds (i haven't find the nerve to start painting my own, since i'm a bit afraid of painting the dogs ... i'd like to succeed in a black/brown scheme, kinda like these rootweilers :

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Rottwe10
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010 - 14:13

VERY NICE! The colors are VERY Inquisition. The Lads look filled with righteous zeal...already for some Old Lady burning. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 10:38

Greetings Fellow Travelers of the old World!

Let me first express my gratitude to everyone who has taken the time to go over my posts and who took the trouble of posting their respective comments herein. I truly love this hobby of ours becasue it is both rewarding and humbling at the same time especially when ones's work is recognized and acknowledged by people whose work you equally admire and respect!

Both Opheliate and pascal the Rascal has inquired about my warhounds and I am pleased to announce that I have finally finished painting them over the weekend.

Let me introduce Elberich Van Orbrant's War Hounds...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER003-9
Meet Otto and Greta, the two German Shepherds of my Witch Hunter and their son, Hans... a warhound in training.

A close-up of Otto...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER006-5

A close -up of Greta...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER005-7

and a close-up of the War puppy Hans...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER009-2

Working on these dogs was both fun and inspiring. Being a dog lover myself, I cant help but paint these dogs in memory of Adolf, a German Shepherd I used to own who, unfortunately had passed away so long ago. I idecided to confine myself to only two dogs because I liked the idea of a family of German Shepherds faithfully working for Van Orbrant.

I hope you guys like it!

As a parting shot, here's another picture showing a moment of tenderness between Eva and Hans...
witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER011-1

Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 10:46

I just love Otto and Greta so much that I decided to post a series of pictures which shows them in action. I shall refrain from putting in my own narrative because I think the pictures themselves would tell the story of how my Witch Hunter tracked down a Vampire's grave.

Here goes...

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER003-9

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER008-3

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER007-5

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER004-7

witch - My Witch Hunter Warband WARHAMMER010-1

Did you get it?
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

Trading Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 13:56

Shocked You have some serious talent! Great painting, bases that unifies these figures as a warband and all the small details like Hans are just awesome. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 14:06

VERY COOL! You obviously have a feel for the subject...cute puppy. The Vampire Hunt is like a mini graphic novel...the kind that I skip the text & confine myself to staring at the illustrations. As always VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 21:36

woeha ! the puppy was a brilliant idea !
don't know if he'll fit in on a battlefield, but i guess his parents will look over him
terrific nice work !
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010 - 22:07

I think the pup would hide behind the Witch Hunter's boots when it starts getting a bit violent!

Great stuff, and the warhounds are superb!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Witch Hunter Warband   witch - My Witch Hunter Warband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Witch Hunter Warband
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next