Some groups have tried out LoTR Turn Sequence (ie. moving, shooting, fighting at the same time + rolling for priority.)
What are your experiences with it?
How I'd do it:START OF TURNMoving
- Players roll for a D6 priority. Highest moves first. (Eshin +1 to their roll, Undead -1.)
- All warbands have 4 points that they can use for "heroic movement" = make a hero move before all others.Close Combat Phase 1
- Chargers strike first.
- Otherwise Initiative.Shooting
- Players roll for a D6 priority. Highest shoots first. (Eshin +1 to their roll.)
- All warbands have 3 points that they can use for "heroic shooting/casting" = make a hero shoot/ cast spells/prayers before all others.
- Reiklanders have 4 points for heoric shooting that can only be used for shooting.
- Possessed have 4 point for heoric shooting that can only be used for casting spells. Close Combat Phase 2
- All warriors strike in Initiative order.END OF TURN SEQUENCE. REPEAT.
What do you think?
The two close combat phases are necessary to make up for the fact that there is now half the amount of combat there were before. But now it is all equalled out