Mordheim Discussion

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

No business like snow business

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wobbly_goggy
Champion
Champion
wobbly_goggy

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

No business like snow business Empty
PostSubject: No business like snow business   No business like snow business Icon_minitimeWed 25 Aug 2010 - 23:40

Hi guys, I am here after a lengthy absence to ask:
'What's the best way to model snow on minis/what's the best snow flock/scatter to use?'

Today I purchased snow flock by Army Painter, and have just experimented with sticking some down, so when it's dry later/tomorrow, I may post up some pics to see what you think. But in the mean time...any ideas?
Is what I have bought any good? Could it be combined with any other types? etc.
I bought that particular one because:
a) It was cheap,
b) it looks like tiny snowballs not furry snow like GW makes.
c) I wanted to buy something from Cut and Thrust in Bristol ( new store, will do some General Shouting about it soon) as I go in there loads, chat, then leave without buying anything
d) My friend Scavengers board (WIP, when it is finished.......) will have a snow theme. Because it's cool. And we tend to play Mordheim in Winter and other games in summer.

And of course Hi everyone! and apologies if I have missed a thread with snow advice and this topic is utterly pointless. If there is such a thread I've been away so long it snow wonder I missed it. Ahem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wobblygoggy.wordpress.com/
Ironfoundersson
Hero
Hero
Ironfoundersson

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: No business like snow business   No business like snow business Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 5:51

I came across this problem with my dwarves a little while ago. I mixed the snow effects with white glue (and a tiny bit of blue paint to give it depth) and then put it straight onto the model base. Then I dipped the wet glue-snow into the dry snow effect to give it a fluffier look. Why don't you post some pictures of what you've got so we can see what you're talking about?
No business like snow business Img_2010

--Ironfoundersson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Speckie
Captain
Captain
Speckie

PostSubject: Re: No business like snow business   No business like snow business Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 8:19

wobbly_goggy wrote:
...And we tend to play Mordheim in Winter and other games in summer.

Seasonal Tabletop Miniture Gaming! Epic Win!

And I heard baking powder was good?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milliardo
General
General
Milliardo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: No business like snow business   No business like snow business Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2010 - 10:40

I use Woodland Scenics stuff, as its fairly cheap... typically I mix it up with some PVA glue and some skull white GW paint and apply it in blobs where ever it would gather thickest, then apply a blast of aerosol PVA and scatter some snow flakes over the board. After its dry, I dust off most of it that hasn't stuck fast. I like this method because it doesn't cover all the terrain underneath, and makes it look like spring thaw.

No business like snow business DSCN0404
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ulthuan.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No business like snow business   No business like snow business Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No business like snow business
Page 1 of 1