Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs

Go down 
+6
Mo!
Pirexian
Plague Docter
DeafNala
Rudeboy
si
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
si
Knight
Knight
si

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Sep 2010 - 22:17

Thanks Narcissus, glad you like them!

I've not finished my orcs yet, got distracted learning to play. Why is it the more I play the less I feel I understand the rules? Vagueness is it's own reward apparently.

Anyway slight direction change whilst I take a run up at painting the rest of the orcs.

Averlanders! Woo. Wanted to do a fancier warband and decided I didn't fancy Marienburgers. So after picking a setting for Stadtheim (on the river Aver), it only made sense to field some locals.

So introducing Faust's Footpads, Averlander Mercenary Warband.
First up the heroes:
Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Averland_05 Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Averland_06
First shot, left to right, is Curt (youngblood, sword & buckler), Herrick Faust himself (captain, sword, brace of pistols) and Mallory (sergeant, sword, axe).
Second shot shows Werner and Clovis, the two bergjaegers, both armed with longbows and an unerring ability to miss easy targets. bah.

And the henchmen:
Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Averland_03 Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Averland_04
First is Cohen's Clashers (a pair of greatsword armed mountain guard) and Dolph's Dividers (a single halberder).
Second shot is Mungo's Munchers (three bow armed halfling scouts).

You can see from the greatsword armed mountainguard I'm going for the traditional yellow and black colourscheme. 'proper' painting like this really shows up my lack of brush skill, but never mind. The other two mountainguard and the captain and sgt will get similarly spangly outfits. The youngblood less so but along the same lines.

The bergjaegers and halflings will be in browns and muted tones.

Really like the halfling models, they're from Black Hat Miniatures, who incidentally were very quick, with decent communication letting me know exactly what's going on. Unlike Maelstrom and Wayland who both seem to prefer leaving me in the dark. Still, at least they're not as bad as Black Tree. Shame because they had some nice halflings but I'd rather get these guys up and running this year..

Anyway, that's the lot. Cheers for looking (And sorry about the awful pictures)

Last edited by si on Sun 20 Jan 2013 - 11:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://gtazz.com/kataan/
si
Knight
Knight
si

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012 - 19:10

Howdy. My thread lives, hurrah.

Just wondered if someone could help with some figure IDs? I'm looking to make a Carnival of Chaos warband and wanted some ideas. So whilst I was at Ikea today thought I'd nip into Warhammer World (only 40 mins from home, that's a win right?) and have a shufties in the hall of miniatures.

They happened to have a few minis I was really taken with as inspiration, and whilst I'm fairly certain they're conversions thought I'd check. Rather than reinventing the wheel so to speak.

First up is this guy:
Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Dscf2193
A brute, but not the one in the warband on gw.com. Is he a conversion does anyone know?

Secondly this one:
Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Dscf2185
Thought he'd make a great basis for a tainted one with bloated foulness. Is he a conversion too?

I took quite a few photos, it's changed a huge amount since my last visit a couple of years ago. Lots of ideas to borrow Smile

Here's my photos from today if anyone wants to look. Bit of a range, I just snapped things I liked the look of or didn't seem stock models.

Cheers,
Si
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012 - 0:01

Hi Si

I think the first guy was an additional brute you could get when GW supported Mordheim (Booooh Traitors) Here is a link to the stuff of legends that pictures all the cool models that you cant buy in stores anymore. You could try e bay or the various forum trade sites.

http://www.solegends.com/citcat2004/P1010-02.htm

Now the second little fella is a conversion. I cant think who did it but it was part of the storm of Chaos campaign from a good few years back. The GW studio team painted up a small chaos army for each power. I remember it from an old white dwarf. I am sure it was by Tammy somethingorother....

Good luck with your warband. If it is as good as your others we will be in for a treat
Back to top Go down
si
Knight
Knight
si

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012 - 11:17

Awesome ta. I'd not seen that catalogue before, might have to get myself a copy s reference. I'll get to scouring ebay for old brutes then.

The nurgle conversion looks great, will try and find more info on that now.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012 - 13:48

I reckon with some conversion work (ie: remove the tubing and convert the staff into something more Mordheimy) this fella and his mate might look good in a carnival.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/RENEGADE-APOSTATE-PREACHERS-OF-NURGLE.html

Or there is this fella from the current range

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1590014

Damn your making me think of starting a nurgle themed possessed warband now!
Back to top Go down
si
Knight
Knight
si

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2013 - 0:05

Hey all. So I appear to have broken this thread by updating my website. All the photos of my previous models are up in my project logs at http://gtazz.com/kataan/ Sorry about that.

But onward and upward. Started painting my new barbarians today. They're being built as a Norse Warband, and I'm using a mixture of Grenadier, Heresy and Hasslefree models.

Here's the first one, painted and ready for basing:

Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Barbs_02 Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Barbs_01

I tried a few things out with the tattoo, some of which worked some didn't. But it's only the first one, sure I'll learn as I go. Really like this model, though I'm not sure I rate the practicality of going to war in a thong. Still, might shut the female barbarians whinging about their chainmail bikinis!

Cheers,
Si
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jan 2013 - 1:45

That Old Grenadier brings back memories. The tattoos/war paint looks good...rather Conan ala Schwarzenegger. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
si
Knight
Knight
si

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:21

Thanks, you're a source of positive inspiration as always!

I'd seen the grenadier models years ago and wasn't hugely impressed to be honest, then I saw them painted by Admiral Benbow over on LAF and got all inspired.

Here's my warband so far. In mordheim norse terms they are a bondsman, two marauders and a berserker (the big guy).

Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Barbs_09

Oh and I spent a while going back through this thread over the weekend and repaired my links, just in case anyone wanted to see my photos Wink

Cheers,
Si
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:38

EXCELLENT WORK! The new Barbarian Guys look TERRIFIC! Carrying the tattoos through the group is a FINE idea...looks GREAT. thumbsup

For further inspiration, check out Prof. Witchheimer's Barbarians:

http://www.witchhunter.net/gallery_norse_army.html

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs   Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reiklanders, Averlanders & Pirate Orcs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2