Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

I m new on this forum so....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sultan
Champion
Champion
Sultan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

I m new on this forum so.... Empty
PostSubject: I m new on this forum so....   I m new on this forum so.... Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 11:42

Hi everybody!

My name is Goran (John or Jordan if it is ok with You I m new on this forum so.... Confused )

I earned my nickname in the army.My hat was big enough to represent some veird tourkish or egiptian tourban I m new on this forum so.... Icon_faraoI m new on this forum so.... Icon_jokercolor. (I m new on this forum so.... Icon_rr this BIG)
I use my nickname everywhere I can.I am an architectural technician so I work for one good building company. Im in love with enything looks like building incloding paper or card models found on internet for free,so I have preety big colection of these,some useful for Mordheim with minimal adjustments. I found this forum surfing on net in a quest to find some new stuff,and I opened this site to see if it is something useful for me I m new on this forum so.... Affraid AND BOY I was surprised how this site looks,what he offers and what good examples of building
models can be found inside. INSIDE. So to cut story short.
I want to build some modest models to film it and to post pictures in order to get some opinions from You guys.
Some question for You:
-Did any of you got an idea for what can be used old fuses.
Not automatic but plug fuses european stile?
-Why do you always use stirofoam? it is readily available but
not tough enough for me. Wood I prefer my young padavan!

Enough for this time,because my English is rusty and I made some gramatic errors but who cares as long as it is readable.

With all respect SULTANIQUS BUDALIQUS
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: I m new on this forum so....   I m new on this forum so.... Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 12:01

Hey Sultan! Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for some very nice scenery, you have come to the right place.

On the question of styrofoam.. I guess it's easiest to work with (along with foamboard and balsa wood), versatile and durable enough for table top wargaming bit still leightweight so you can carry your stuff to meetings etc. too. Wood might be a little too difficult and time-consuming to work with for most people, and seeing that scenery is just one part of the hobby (and the least important to many), that time is spent on modelling, painting and gaming instead.

However, if you want to see and awesome plywood table, check this out:

http://gidian-gelaende.de/Material_HP/Wolfgang/WIPmortheim/album/index.html
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: I m new on this forum so....   I m new on this forum so.... Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 13:02

Hey Sultan...WELCOME ABOARD Cool Tom the A's I m new on this forum so.... Sleep Mordheim Forum & Fount of Inspiration. May your stay be a LONG & MERRY one! I m new on this forum so.... Icon_cheers

On the building material question, I find a mix of various & sundry material works best for me. Perhaps you could open a thread in the Scenery section; I'm sure we could get a lively discussion going on the subject...new ideas on how to do things is a valuable resource. I m new on this forum so.... Fresse
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: I m new on this forum so....   I m new on this forum so.... Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 16:07

Welcome to the forum, Sultan! I consistently impressed by the quality of terrain I see people post on this forum.

I prefer foam to wood because of the weight issue.
Back to top Go down
Sultan
Champion
Champion
Sultan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject:    I m new on this forum so.... Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010 - 3:52

Thanks Eliazar for the wonderful site for wich You are gave link,it is something similar what I start to build,simply because I have certain amount of theen plywood wich is way to much durable than foamboard but as You polightly explaind to me it is time consuming to make ANY carving representing stone around windows and dors and bricks etc....
I found barbecue stiks on affordable price in local store, and now I wil atempt to build some old stronghold for my hord. Allready I made some fine artillery pieces from scrap plug fuses (representing barells of something loking like mersers). Drilling through ceramic body of fuses was pain in the ass but with final result it was worth some one hour of my time.
I will post some pictures in scenery part of forum,until than I salute to everyone on this lovely forum...

With great respect Sultan
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: I m new on this forum so....   I m new on this forum so.... Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010 - 19:37

Looking forward to seeing pictures!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I m new on this forum so....   I m new on this forum so.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I m new on this forum so....
Page 1 of 1