HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Greetings to all.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morgarth
Youngblood
Youngblood

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Greetings to all.   Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 23:53

Greetings.
I have been flirting around with Mordheim for quite awhile now but resisted because of the lack of interest from my gaming club. Luckly though with their semi annoyance of fantasy 8th ed so club members brought some Mordheim in and I must say it was quite enjoyable. Because of this our club has made mordheim a common game to be found and has really boosted my interest in the game.

The main reason for my interest in Mordheim is for the fact that I can actually get a warband painted. Painting fantasy armies (especially with the increase in models of 8th ed) never thrilled me for I'm a very picky paint and a bit of a perfectionist which doesn't mesh well when painting 100-200 figures.
Painting 10-20 figures on the other hand I find is alot more enjoyable and relaxing which is a big deal for me personally.

I also quite enjoy the overall format of mordheim and love the campaign rules.

Anyway I'm very pleased to now be apart of this wonderous forum.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to all.   Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 5:08

It's good to have you here; SO...WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Yet Somehow Ubercool Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be a LONG & MERRY one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to all.   Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 6:52

Howdie Morgarth, and welcome to Tom's (not really so) Boring Mordheim forum. Glad, but not surprised, to hear you are enjoying your trips into Mordheim now that you have tried it. It is great incentive to kit-bash models and lovingly paint them (and to build interesting scenery). As you note, the campaign aspect of the game is outstanding. Indeed, the reason my friends and I have been playing fairly steadily since the game was originally released is because of the excellent campaign rules.

What warbands have you tried so far?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgarth
Youngblood
Youngblood

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to all.   Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 5:20

mweaver wrote:
Howdie Morgarth, and welcome to Tom's (not really so) Boring Mordheim forum. Glad, but not surprised, to hear you are enjoying your trips into Mordheim now that you have tried it. It is great incentive to kit-bash models and lovingly paint them (and to build interesting scenery). As you note, the campaign aspect of the game is outstanding. Indeed, the reason my friends and I have been playing fairly steadily since the game was originally released is because of the excellent campaign rules.

What warbands have you tried so far?

Two at the moment. First was my Undead Necrarch band which included a vast majority of experimental zombies. (Walking heads, Chain flailers, etc )
I'm currently playing a campaign with them and they are doing quite well (Especially my zombies shockingly!).

My other band I'm currently working on is a Goblin themed band using the O&G list. I might try out the NG experimental list though for it is easier to work with, but I'll have to get my clubs permission first. (Fingers crossed)

cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to all.   Sat 24 Jul 2010 - 8:04

Both sound like fun bands to model, paint up, and play.

Pictures!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings to all.   Today at 7:47

Back to top Go down

Greetings to all.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Welcome Newbies!-
Jump to: