Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Think these op. rules would be balanced?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maiden_Ante
Youngblood
Youngblood
Maiden_Ante

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Empty
PostSubject: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010 - 21:01

Well, these are the optional rules I'm considering using for the next time I'm gonna play Mordheim. I haven't tried them before and therefore I'm asking you (more boring, more experienced players) if you think they'll be balanced together. Feel free to come with your own suggestions. (All the optional rules in the main rulebook are already being used mind you).

Duels in Mordheim v2.5 - Enables a player to make one of his heroes challenge the hero of an enemy warband, resulting in a pistol duel or a sword+shield duel. The winner gets a small bonus etc. This seems to me like a fun concept, that perhaps could be developed more.

Optional skills list or Effect skills list - Gives a few skills more only available to a warband with a rating of 200 or more. Seems a bit OP if you're meeting an unexperienced warband, but the skills aren't better than the rest so to me this just seems like a good variety expansion.

Parry alternative rules - You use your WS+D6 to get a higher point than your opponents WS+D6. This choice is due to the fact that Parry is not worth spending money on, at all. I'd take an axe or a club instead of a sword anyday, knowing the effect of the weapon is more reliable.

Sawbones - This adds way more variety to Injuries and simply seems like a good choice.

Power in the stones + Wyrdstone reaction chart - Enables me to get way more out of wyrdstones, and not just positive upgrades but random disasters that should happen more often with these things of Chaos. Might become a bit OP if used often but then again I don't think that'll happen - it's pretty risky.

And just a question? Does the rulebook mention anything about captives? Can't honestly find anything 'bout it...
Back to top Go down
Horatio
Knight
Knight
Horatio

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 7:23

1) Duels: I like this concept very much and would love to see your take on the matter. Previously I have used the old "Grudge Match" scenario: http://mordheimer.com/scenarios/001-020/015-grudge_match.htm

2) Optional Skills: Seems reasonable enough, and it beats grafting additional skill lists onto a warband willy-nilly. Still, you had better make sure those skills are really balanced with the traditional lists if you want it to play like a variety expansion.

3) This reminds me of Necromunda. I don't remember if this was the standard or house rule, but that was how combat was resolved when I played. Seems fair enough, though I feel that WS was intended by Mordheim's designers as an offensive attribute. Just look at the to hit chart and compare the effects of +1 WS for attack and defense.

4) The sawbones rules are not a personal favorite of mine, but they should certainly be balanced.

5) I have never played with Power in the Stones or the Wyrdstones Reaction Chart, but I agree in principle with any rules that make chaos more chaotic.

6) Captives...
Quote :
61 CAPTURED
The warrior regains consciousness and finds himself
held captive by the other warband.
He may be ransomed at a price set by the captor or
exchanged for one of their warband who is being held
captive.
Captives may be sold to slavers at a price of D6x5 gc.
Undead may kill their captive and gain a new Zombie.
The Possessed may sacrifice the prisoner. The leader
of the warband will gain +1 Experience if they do so.
Captives who are exchanged or ransomed retain all
their weapons, armour and equipment; if captives are
sold, killed or turned to Zombies, their weaponry, etc,

is retained by their captors.
On top of that, I would definitely check out the "To the Rescue!!!" scenario for some infiltrating fun: http://mordheimer.com/scenarios/081-100/099-to_the_rescue.htm
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 9:26

Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Maiden_Ante
Youngblood
Youngblood
Maiden_Ante

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 12:12

cianty wrote:
Sawbones + Power in the Stones =
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/rules-and-gameplay-f1/advanced-rules-for-mutations-gifts-alchemy-surgery-t2595.htm?highlight=mutations

The Bordertown PDF won't open fully. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure I've looked at it before and I'm afraid my interest is not that great. It adds too many things that doesn't consist with my planned campaign and my current warband.

@Horatio: Thanks for your comments!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 13:29

The article I am pointing out has little to nothing to do with BTB.
Back to top Go down
Maiden_Ante
Youngblood
Youngblood
Maiden_Ante

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 15:12

cianty wrote:
The article I am pointing out has little to nothing to do with BTB.

You've linked to an article that links to BTB. Clarify, please.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 16:34

What I meant to refer to was the "Corrupted Characters" article (can be found under New Rules)
Back to top Go down
Maiden_Ante
Youngblood
Youngblood
Maiden_Ante

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 16:52

cianty wrote:
What I meant to refer to was the "Corrupted Characters" article (can be found under New Rules)

I see! Well, I must admit it's interesting. Although... it says any model that is not from a Chaos warband must roll for a mutation if it gets a new skill on the advancement table - is this correct? If it is, then it's completely worthless to me since my opponent plays Pirates. It'd mean he'd get screwed every time he got a new skill (considering he's not interested in mutations, wanting to get actual skills).

Thanks, but my campaign is supposed to take place in Border Princes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think these op. rules would be balanced?   balanced - Think these op. rules would be balanced? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think these op. rules would be balanced?
Page 1 of 1