Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Models "on" stagecoaches

Go down 
+2
Eliazar
SaittaMicus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SaittaMicus
Warrior
Warrior
SaittaMicus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Models "on" stagecoaches Empty
PostSubject: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010 - 13:26

A friend of me is convinced that models can stand on stagecoaches to make diving charges, since it says in the rules of transporting that you can put the model "on" the stagecoach to simulate it being transported!

In my mind putting models on or in contact with the wagon is the same thing, the roof are usually flat so you can put models on the wagon so you know that they are inside!
Can anyone clarify this?

Also, if you can stand on a wagon, you should probably require alot of rolls not to fall of if you can stand on it, but I dont see anything for it!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010 - 14:00

Well, when we played with coaches, we played that models on top of the waggon are supposed to be on the roof so they can shoot and do diving charges etc., while models inside the coach were just said to be there and placed next to the board in case the get out of the coach and fight.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010 - 17:03

The rules for stagecoaches and wagons are fairly vague. You have to work out how they are played within your group. This requires a bit of give an take and some communication, but is worth the effort. I think of adventure serial movies and tv shows when deciding what can be accomplished. If Roy Rogers or Johnny Dep can do it so can your character. Smile
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010 - 23:12

Von Kurst wrote:
The rules for stagecoaches and wagons are fairly vague. You have to work out how they are played within your group. This requires a bit of give an take and some communication, but is worth the effort. I think of adventure serial movies and tv shows when deciding what can be accomplished. If Roy Rogers or Johnny Dep can do it so can your character. Smile

Absolutely. Fully agree with everything.

Besides, wagons are not that good an investment so you really should allow the models to get all the advantages you can think of (diving charges, shooting crossbows off moving wagons).
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010 - 17:37

wait... not that good an investment, and yet you forced me to buy one in my merchant list?! haha crap!

but yeah, agreed, we use em to full advantage as well (that is, until some stupidly strong hero succerpunches it with a strength 7 attack, pretty much autokilling it with a horse and 3 models riding it... :S

Dive charging would be possible, as the model braces himself, and just flings himself at the enemy, actually gaining more momentum then in a normal diving charge, so to compensate for potential difficulties of riding/jumping, he doesn't get even stronger attacks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010 - 18:12

Ezekiel wrote:
wait... not that good an investment, and yet you forced me to buy one in my merchant list?! haha crap!

Smile

Btw, hope you had a good time in Berlin!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010 - 0:50

hack yeah! Loved Berlin! (allthough now I do need some sleep and recovering :p) After all the cities I'd been to I still had Amsterdam on #1, but that started to waver a bit this weekend! > that says a lot! Wink so yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to urge you to get a meeting together there! hahaha (allthough I'm afraid more clubs are gonna have to be visited)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010 - 9:21

Ezekiel wrote:
so yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to urge you to get a meeting together there! hahaha (allthough I'm afraid more clubs are gonna have to be visited)

Yeah, absolutely! bounce
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2010 - 3:41

Enjoy your trip!

We've never played with the wagon/stagecoach rules. Should probably give it a try some day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Models "on" stagecoaches   Models "on" stagecoaches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Models "on" stagecoaches
Page 1 of 1