Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ironshod Boots

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reg06
Youngblood
Youngblood
Reg06

Trading Reputation : 0

Ironshod Boots Empty
PostSubject: Ironshod Boots   Ironshod Boots Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 20:46

I saw Ironshod Boots and Brass Knuckles once- are they real? If so, where can I find them?
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Ironshod Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ironshod Boots   Ironshod Boots Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 21:08

Ironshod boots were in an equipment article in one of the original early Town Cryers. For a small sum of money you could add an extra attack to any model. I think it was deemed too powerful, and it was removed from the Town Cryer Annual and any online versions of the literature as far as I know. Not sure on the brass knuckles.

Personally, I think it's fine the boots were removed as they're unnecessary, but if your group wants to use them then why not?
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

Ironshod Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ironshod Boots   Ironshod Boots Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010 - 2:11

Brass knuckles were removed in the annual as well, because they a) cost 20 gold which is an insane amount to pay for them! and b) were the best weapons a orcs and dwarfs could get, -2 initiative means nothing if you know you'll strike last most of the time anyway.

I tried to rewrite the rules for them HERE but honestly i would just count a model with brass knucks as having two clubs. I am quite partial to my version of the iron shod boots...
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

Ironshod Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ironshod Boots   Ironshod Boots Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010 - 14:58

Your revised iron-shod boots are still in the anyone-who-doesn't-buy-them-immediately-is-an-idiot category, which is a pretty safe indication that they are still overpowered. Indeed, I would argue that they are more powerful as you revised them, not less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ironshod Boots Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ironshod Boots   Ironshod Boots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ironshod Boots
Page 1 of 1