Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)

Go down 
+39
Alex
ghostbear
MrBromley
renfield286
drakkol
Milnosh
Boreas_NL
xlins
ducat
Ordo Septenarius
BurnTheWitch
Louis
Delectable Tea
Tintin
Arvenger
ASEO
Johann Cocaine
Dwalthrim_Grimsson
FKSN
Marek
floedebolle
DeafNala
Grimscull
Citizen Sade
Captain Bernhardt
werekin
Ravage
MeanBone
Joker2and53
Speckie
HornedRat
Andy
xiconia
Eliazar
Gobo
WarbossKurgan
SeiFeR-NL
Kafka
cianty
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 20:30

That is definately too much for me.

Looks like took 3rd place... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Marek
Youngblood
Youngblood
Marek

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 20:40

@Cianty: you offered a good price.

I wish I could see the look of the second place guy - they bid £250 on a single human sized mini, and still didn't win.

I wonder how high the winning bidder's highest bid was.
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 20:48

Marek wrote:

I wonder how high the winning bidder's highest bid was.

I wouldn't want to say untill it's in my hands Very Happy

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
Marek
Youngblood
Youngblood
Marek

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 21:39

Bloody hell!

Makes my cheeky £85 almost disrespectful Shocked

Well done mate.

(ps you have too much disposal income tongue )
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 22:11

Marek wrote:
Bloody hell!

Makes my cheeky £85 almost disrespectful Shocked

Well done mate.

(ps you have too much disposal income tongue )

Cheers Smile

The only reason i went that high was because i got an unexpected back payment from a prior job. No doubt there will be another one on ebay very soon if current owners of the piece spot how much it sold for.

Also managed to pick up my scavvy bull dogs this evening so all in all it's been a great night and i still have change left to spend Very Happy

- Kafka

Last edited by Kafka on Sun 13 Feb 2011 - 22:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Feb 2011 - 22:19

LOL!

Congrats, Kafka! I'm actually glad you're the one who won it (after accepting it wasn't me, of course Wink ).
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 20:12

cianty wrote:
LOL!

Congrats, Kafka! I'm actually glad you're the one who won it (after accepting it wasn't me, of course Wink ).

You're a good sport cianty thumbsup

I think you may have dodged a bullet though ... spot any variation between the 2 pictures ?

Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 CrutchPost interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Crutch_BarePost interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Crutch_Mine

I noticed two differences plus possible casting bubbles which would indicate a fake .... what do you folks see ?

- Kafka

Last edited by Kafka on Mon 14 Feb 2011 - 20:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of pic)
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 20:21

Well, the right bell (left from our view) isn't there, though that would be a bit obvious as a fake. Second, the left eye is a little messed up. And the wood of the crutches and peg-legs is only painted on, as it seems.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 20:25

Actually I briefly compared these two images before, albeit not very thoroughly I have to admit.

Now that you show them... the left (or the right from the figure's perspective) end of his jester's hat doesn't have the round bell thing.
It's hard to tell whether the details are not as fine as they should be from the pictures. What did you spot?

EDIT: Grimscull beat me. I am not sure about the eye. Again, it may be due to the photo quality.

EDIT2: Oh, and somewhat I had noticed before - now that you have the "silver" version photo there: The right hand is a separate piece so a mint version of the model should be provided as a multiple piece kit. Either this one is already assembled and glued together or ...

EDIT3: Now that I compare the two photos (silver and ebay)... the hats do look strangely different indeed. The silver version is much more detailed and deliacte - it does have the missing bell as well as more structured folds in the hat.
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 20:37

I've added the picture of the metal one from wiki for another view - there's variation on this model between the other two but it's closer to the painted version.

Grimscull wrote:
Well, the right bell (left from our view) isn't there, though that would be a bit obvious as a fake. Second, the left eye is a little messed up. And the wood of the crutches and peg-legs is only painted on, as it seems.

Yep it's missing the bell and left eye is a bit messed up (could be picture quality).

Above his right eye just under the hood looks like a bubble from the casting mould - again though it could be a bad picture.

Also noticed his buttons are different on every varient. The painted one has sunk round buttons, the metal one has out facing rectangles and the one i bought has out facing round buttons.

I emailed the seller and he claims to have a friend who worked or works in the studio and gave him it a few years back.

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011 - 21:43

Kafka wrote:

Also noticed his buttons are different on every varient. The painted one has sunk round buttons, the metal one has out facing rectangles and the one i bought has out facing round buttons.
Don't know about the buttons, look all pretty much the same to me. Why you thing they are sunk in the painted version is possibly because the painter really empathised the shadows around the buttons. And maybe that is why the buttons also look a little more delicate in the painted version as well. The picture of the silver one is imo opinion too bright to really see many details. The left crutch is a little sharper, not as round as the metal one. But the painted crutch isn't all that round either.
So to me, one bell is definitely missing and the model has been painted and later put in terpentine/aceton (whatever it is called in english) to get the paint off again.

@ cianty: how do you know about the right hand? I thought that maybe the left arm might be glued on, but nothing else.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011 - 0:12

WTF!! You paid how much for an amputee clown!!? What kind of wastrel warband are you fielding Kafka!? Love to meet your legless gang in a barfight. LoL.

Ok on a serious note I've examined the images. It's a certain that you've not received what you've paid for when examining the quality of the shiny metal casting referenced online. The high quality of detail painted on the colour image has certainly enhanced the appeal of this miniature. On a quality scale of 1 to 10 (10 being fresh from the blister) the dulled dog-eared miniature displayed would be rated a 2 or a 3.

It's hard to judge from the snapshot if the miniature has been faked
but if there is any bubbling evident on close inspection then there's no
question it's not the real deal.

No shadow of doubt concerning the character of this miniature. Although it's quite easy to see why they were never allowed to release it!

Regards,

Werekin.

p.s. What's all this talk of beggars. They're no adventurers and no sodding use in any scenario I've played - hence I'd excluded the hopeless experimental Beggar from my epic Hired Swords compilation. Raise your team morale, hire a Bard! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011 - 0:19

Ok on 2nd thought, a Bard is actually going to cost you more than just 20 gold crowns to hire!

A warrior-minstrel on a Lute goes at around £8.50...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130482673263&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bagpipes of Albion will set you back another £18...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250768578323&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'd love to say I only play for money. But it wouldn't be true.

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011 - 0:52

werekin wrote:
- hence I'd excluded the hopeless experimental Beggar from my epic Hired Swords compilation.
NOOOO!!! Beggars are my very first choice when it comes to Hired Swords! Seriously. They don't need to fight, but they are worth every gold crown.
@ Bards: Pfff, Reaper has like a dozend nicer models imo. And you don't even need to bother with ebay. cheers

One more thing though:
Quote :
It's a certain that you've not received what you've paid for when examining the quality of the shiny metal casting referenced online.
The mini in the auction-pic is what Kafka paid for, not the mini from any other picture. So if the mini will turn out to not be a fake, but the described mini just in a bad condition, it is all fair and legal. I'd still feel sorry for Kafka, but legal it is...
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011 - 7:58

The mini being stripped would probably explain a lot regarding the dark metal and the glued on arm.

Werekin: The minis you referenced are butt-ugly whereas this one is a beautiful characterful different type of figure that totally represents the atmosphere of Mordheim. The figure would have been the glorious king of the Mordheim frenzied mob had they released it. You can go play in the woods with your elf friends if you disagree. Elf
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011 - 12:24

Grimscull wrote:

Don't know about the buttons, look all pretty much the same to me. Why you thing they are sunk in the painted version is possibly because the painter really empathised the shadows around the buttons. And maybe that is why the buttons also look a little more delicate in the painted version as well.

Yes this did cross my mind too ... they are definetely different to the bare metal varient on Wiki though

Quote :
The picture of the silver one is imo opinion too bright to really see many details. The left crutch is a little sharper, not as round as the metal one. But the painted crutch isn't all that round either.
So to me, one bell is definitely missing and the model has been painted and later put in terpentine/aceton (whatever it is called in english) to get the paint off again.

Agreed there too. Details appears far sharper on the bare metal one and it does indeed look like the one i purchased has been stripped. I'm hoping it looks better when it's been properly stripped and the excess gubbins is removed.

If all else fails and i'm not happy with it i'll be returning it and getting a refund !

Quote :

@ cianty: how do you know about the right hand? I thought that maybe the left arm might be glued on, but nothing else.

Yeah i would have said the miniatures left arm looks like there's a join down the left shoulder and continuing down. Didn't notice this before and i hadn't realised the WIki one was in two pieces. Do you remember if the auction from years back had it listed as a two parter?

As for the other bards / minstrels i think i have all the ones citadel produced via the townsfolk, Talisman and AD&D ranges. None come close character wise either Sad

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011 - 20:03

Ranald's balls! You have quite a stash of peasant filth Kafka.

@Cianty - I never claimed those musicians looked as good as the Skinny Skulls! Wink

Those two examples are carrying groovy instruments and that is about all they have going for them. Personally, I would extract any decent looking pipe, flute, uke or lute from any sloppily presented Citadel minstrels (keep your Reaper items Grimscull) and put them into the hands of a bard who looks like he can play a fine tune!

Guys I am on the look out for Jes Goodwin's 1988 Eldar Guardian Command musician with a harp, for a fantasy 'harpist' conversion to go in my warrior-minstrel troupe! No rush, but Sods law is that during the last couple of weeks the musician with synth and musician with voice amplifier each came up for £3 (apparently that's all these are worth!). My 'band' require analogue instruments! If anyone has an Eldar Longfinger with harp they don't need or spots one for sale then please let me know.

Musician with harp: top row, 2nd from right
Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Rt402e10

On that note, I'm off to get naked and jamboree in a local copse full of nasty elves's. Smile

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011 - 18:09

Damn elves. That harp does look nice though. At least it appears so on that bad picture.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011 - 21:10

It looks bang on elven. And I know a guy who has found a line on one for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011 - 12:48

I could punch myself in the face for letting this bad boy slip by... I simply forgot to bid! Mad Mad

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290533633294&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:BE:1123
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011 - 23:13

Kislevites. Sorry for posting an auction that will end in less than two hours, but I just saw it and maybe it is helpful to someone:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kislevite-Warband-Mordheim-Painted-9-Pcs-/160549382472?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25617d2948

Edit: here are some more. Still plenty of time, but the price is SO high already:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Rare-Mordheim-Kislev-Fanatics-Games-Workshop-/310298910704?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item483f419ff0
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Mar 2011 - 20:41

Barmy, why the heck would anyone pay all that gold for a bunch of guys in big furry hats!! Kislevite hired muscle is way overrated. Wink

Captain Bernhardt, the ogre you wanted was a Jes Goodwin classic sculpt. Ogres from that vintage range do come up from time to time so keep looking! I purchased one of each as I simply love their character. They are supposed to be appearing in my Ogre warband as Half-growns, what with their modest waistlines, but I've only painted one of them...

...being the one you wanted. He was the one I chose to use as a bouncer in the Last Orders! scenario. Smile

If anyone wants any Sisters of Sigmar then I've just put my warband up for sale as these beauties are never going to get used otherwise!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230593414080&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Plenty of Dwarfs and other classic stuff added too...
Back to top Go down
Johann Cocaine
Veteran
Veteran
Johann Cocaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar 2011 - 11:01

Hey people, here we got some sisters of sigmar with removable weapons, at the moment with a reasonable prize:

http://cgi.ebay.es/WARHAMMER-EMPIRE-7x-Mordheim-Sister-Novices-OOP-/150572856196?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item230ed77384

Good luck bidding!
Back to top Go down
ASEO
Youngblood
Youngblood
ASEO

PostSubject: Very rare Fanatic Sisters of Sigmar minis on Ebay   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 2:38

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150572856196&category=44129&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_1211wt_1139

Out of my price range, but there may be someone here who has been saving for these. I saw them advertised in TC 17 and 20 I think, but after years of searching, this is the first I've ever seen to prove that were more than prototypes.

ASEO out
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2011 - 8:49

ASEO wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150572856196&category=44129&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_1211wt_1139

Out of my price range, but there may be someone here who has been saving for these. I saw them advertised in TC 17 and 20 I think, but after years of searching, this is the first I've ever seen to prove that were more than prototypes.

ASEO out

There's been 3 auctions for these over the last year and i've had them listed on wiki for a while too.

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next