Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rule Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Rule Question   Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010 - 2:46

Been looking most of today, but I can't find the answer. So I thought I would ask.

On page 102 of the rulebook it states
"Remember that your warriors lack the skill to use any
weapons other than the ones listed in the

Recruitment charts."

Q: I have always taken this to mean weapons only. Is there an errata that expands this to also include armor? The way it stands, I have always assumed that if the HERO could get better armor outside of their starting list, then they could use it. Is this incorrect?

Last edited by HornedRat on Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 2:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : font size)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Question   Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010 - 3:13

Hi HornedRat,

Armour is also included in this rule. Therefore Heroes (and Henchmen) that do not have a particular type of armour (whether it is Heavy Armour or Shields) cannot use that type of armour and there is no skill to allow the use of armour not listed in the warband equipment list.

For the purposes of this rule, Gromril Armour and Ithilmar Armour are treated as Heavy Armour (they are just Heavy Armour made out of a different type of material similar to the way that a Gromril Axe or an Ithilmar Axe is still an Axe but made out of different materials).

I suppose that a Pavise would either be treated as a Shield in this instance or else is actually equipment (otherwise no warband would be able to use Pavises!!).

Toughened Leathers are actually equipment that counts as armour so it can purchased by any Hero (not Henchmen though unless it is in the warband equipment list for the Henchmen group) but still cannot be worn by spellcasters like proper armour.

If you do searches on this forum (and maybe the SG forum) then you will find the threads to back up what I have said above except possibly for Pavises which I just thought of now and do not recall reading about anywhere else.

Cheers! Rule Question Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Question   Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010 - 3:44

Crow eating edit: The Heavy Armor designation comes from the FAQ hosted by Mordheimer--(See Weapons and Armor)

http://mordheimer.com/articles/FAQ.htm
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info

Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Question   Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010 - 19:49

Yeah I looked there before I asked my question, but the only thing that really says is that Lithmar, and Gromil (sp) armor are considered Heavy.

What I was really looking for was the eratta that specifically says that armor is considered part of the rule that is listed on page 102. None of the eratta that I can find seem to have that clarification.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Question   Rule Question Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun 2010 - 20:01

No problem, you don't need an FAQ for that just read the Weapons and Armor rule under the Starting A Warband section of the basic rule book. (p. 65)
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Personal Info

Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Question   Rule Question Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jul 2010 - 1:36

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rule Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Question   Rule Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Question
Page 1 of 1