Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed

Go down 
+2
Pathfinder Dubstyles
deathpie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
deathpie

deathpie

Trading Reputation : 0

Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 0:46

I am currently playing in a campaign with some of my friends and my Magister was sent to the Fighting Pits and killed. Due to this development, the only hero left to assume control of my warband was my Possessed. At his next advancement he gained the ability to perform chaos rituals and learned wings of darkness. My Possessed has a movespeed of 5. Is it feasible for him to run 10 inches, use wings of darkness to move 12 inches, and count as a charge if he moves into base contact with an enemy model?

My other question is regarding Dark Blood. Now that I have a spellcaster in my warband with more than 1 wound I was wondering how the injury sustained from Dark Blood works. Does the spell deal 1 wound of damage to the caster (a typical amount of wounds for a Magister and would therefore force him to make an injury roll) or would it force a unit with more than 1 wound to still roll an injury roll? I appreciate any thoughts or discussion.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 0:58

Hi deathpie! welcome to the forum!

Q1: Yes this is the case, because most spells are cast in the shooting phase, and you can run and cast at the same time!

Q2: Dark blood will indeed stun or knock down your possessed each time he uses it! I have never considered this on a multi-wound model, but it appears to me that while he is at serious risk of being charged in the next turn(s), if you can prevent this from happening until he stands up the wounds will still be at 2.

That is my interpretation, although i could find no faq on the issue. Could a rules mod chime in on this subject please?
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 5:39

I am not a rules mod, but I am going to chime in anyway Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_smile.
deathpie wrote:
Is it feasible for [my Possessed] to run 10 inches, use wings of darkness to move 12 inches, and count as a charge if he moves into base contact with an enemy model?
It is indeed. Get him Sprint for extra LOLs.

deathpie wrote:
Does the spell deal 1 wound of damage to the caster (a typical amount of wounds for a Magister and would therefore force him to make an injury roll) or would it force a unit with more than 1 wound to still roll an injury roll?
The spell will affect a mulitwound Possessed the same way it affects a mulitwound Magister. The spell does not generate hits or wounds on the caster - it just knocks them down or stuns them regardless of how many wounds they have left. Consider getting the Jump Up skill.

Warriors attacking knocked down or stunned models do not generate wounds as such - they just take the model out if successful. Note that this happens no matter how many healing herbs the Possessed has Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_razz.
Back to top Go down
deathpie

deathpie

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 15:58

Okey dokey, that makes sense. Thanks for your guys help.
Back to top Go down
Konfa
Youngblood
Youngblood
Konfa

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 21:48

I agree with Lord O, neither the rules for the spell or rules for attacking KD or stunned opponents takes any notices of remaining wounds
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 7:40

A Possessed with Wings of Darkness?! THAT'S TOTALLY WICKED! Daddy Like! To bad he doesn't have a Scorpion Tail. That would be a Awesome Model. As yours probably doesn't, I would convert a Model with transparent demon wings just to add awe to the model and look great on the table.

As for rules, I believe that listed above is correct. But I don't have my books in front of me.
Back to top Go down
deathpie

deathpie

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jun 2010 - 21:40

My possessed model actually has a tail, and I've been thinking of some way to sharpen the tail so that it looks like a scorpion tail. We're pretty lenient though about models with the people I play with, our friend who is playing Dwarf Treasure Hunters just uses Legos without legs and they're about the same size as standard models.
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010 - 4:47

Legos?! I thought about that too when I first started my son in Mordheim. When I started playing Mordheim, it was when Mage Knight was big and I had about 2 cases of minis. My first warbands were Mage Knight minis. I wouldn't care to much if you showed up at our table with card board pictures of characters on little stands. Just as long as we get to play and enjoy the game. As you play the game you will start to buy minis, either it'll be an individual model, or even and box set. But I can easily see not spending hard earned money on something you still trying to see if you want to even continue. Enjoy the game!
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 20:18

Yeah part of the spell effect is that the model is knocked-down it doesn't cause a wound, so if a model has multiple wounds it wouldn't matter.

The Dark Elve caster has a spell called Dead Spasm and it knocks down the caster when it is cast.

Lord O is correct a model that is knocked-out or stunned it doesn't matter how many wounds they have if you are prone and get wounded you are taken out of action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed   Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spellcasting in the Cult of the Possessed
Page 1 of 1