Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Empty
PostSubject: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 4:19

Quick everyone, open up your copy of Town Crier 7 and the 2002 Annual!

If you compare both versions of "ye' olde curiousity shope" you will find that the brass knuckles and iron shod boots are missing from the annual. Since it was printed after, is this a conscious decision to cut these items from the game or a mistake?

The rules for the rapier and pavase were changed so why not update these forgotten items as well?

The boots allow an extra attack as a rare 8, 20gc item. This seems like a no-brainer, every hero should have one as soon as possible!

The brass knuckles are a viable weapon, but the cost doesn't represent the weapon well, as well as the need for to be trained to use them!

If i were to update these two items, this is how i would do it:

Brass Knuckles(weapon)
5 GC / Rare 6
Brass Knuckles are a weapon commonly used by street thugs and robbers who are all to common an infestation in the mighty cities of the Empire. Easily secreted, they are used in pairs and while of limited use in a street fight, they are simple enough for even the most brutish oaf to learn.

Range: Close Combat Strength: As user
Pair: Brass knuckles are used in pairs, one in each hand. A warrior armed with Brass Knuckles gets an additional attack.
Simple Weapons: Brass knuckles are so easy to use that any model may use them without the weapons training skill.
Concealable: Brass knuckles are small enough to stow away in any pocket. The do not count towards the two close combat weapons a model may carry.

Iron Shod Boots (misc. item)
20+3d6 GC / Rare 8
If a warrior looks hard enough he could be lucky enough to find a cobbler who will make him a pair of iron shod boots. They are tougher than even ordinary Reikland boots, so tough in fact that they can be used to deliver a vicious kick attack.

Curb stomp: A model wearing iron shod boots may trade one attack on his profile for an automatic hit on any one knocked down model in combat. This attack may be made even if in combat with other standing enemies, and will be resolved at +1 strength.
Back to top Go down
REminenz
Champion
Champion
REminenz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 13:11

IIRC those items where removed on purpose in the annual..
There where several other items like Elven boots which are a tad "overpowered" (overused term, i know Smile )
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 6:27

no one has ever used elven boots in any campaign i've been in in the past 3 years! I guess people just don't want t be caught wearing such a panzy pair of boots!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 8:57

I really like the improvment on the Ironshod Boots, which I loathed when I first read TC. Mordheim would turn into a kicking match, where all warriors had large boots insted of axes and swords ant what have you.

Anyway, I still think that the items in in themselves are superfluous, and even though your rule change has made them much more "playable", I still think they would only add to make it "too much", you know, a little over the top maybe?
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 16:14

Yes, i see the boots as having a place now, but the brass knuckles are superfluous. For 6 gc someone could just buy two clubs and fight the same, only with the concussion rule.

Add to concealable: "They may be used is any scenario which restricts weapons to either fists or daggers, such as Last Orders."

edit: I realize this is an extremely specialized rule. I have no problem with that, raincoats are equally specialized!

Last edited by Pathfinder Dubstyles on Sat 12 Jun 2010 - 16:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more thoughts)
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 21:15

I like the rules for the Boots and knuckles there Dubstyles!

I will still be making an orc that uses brass knuckles as a main weapon, even though they are no longer viable as such Razz
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010 - 4:36

Honestly the rules for brass knuckles are unnecessary, i would just arm him with "count as" clubs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots   Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brass Knuckles and Iron Shod Boots
Page 1 of 1