Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^

Go down 
+17
HornedRat
pascal the rascal
Bash
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
shotguncoffee
sianpää
hero
Mr.chair
Pirexian
DeafNala
El mastodon
Vallenor
Skavenblight
WarbossKurgan
Gobo
Von Kurst
Vent
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 2:59

I'm really jealous.. your paint job is fantastic mate! congratz and thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 4:33

That is definitely an accomplishment to be proud of! I can;t wait to see you terrain as well!
Back to top Go down
Vent
Champion
Champion
Vent

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 6:55

Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Setomidor
Youngblood
Youngblood
Setomidor

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 8:09

Awesome indeed, well done! I especially like the yellow tones on the captain.

Now, where are the doggies? Smile
Back to top Go down
Vent
Champion
Champion
Vent

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 8:25

Setomidor wrote:

Now, where are the doggies? Smile

There will be doggies, but not at this weekends tourney. They die to easy for 1000g games, and force rout tests...
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 10:10

Vent wrote:
WARBAND COMPLETE BABY!

Stick a fork in me, I am done... Got a little bit of scenery to finish painting and I'll be all done and ready to go for Saturday. *phew*
Awesome! cheers

I hope you'll be posting pics of the scenery and some in-game shots (and maybe a bit of a report?) for the games on Saturday!
Cool

Hadn't realised it was a 1000gc tournament - that has very interesting effects on what you chose for the warband, no dogs being the most obvious. I'd be interested to see the full list.
study
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 10:43

Wow, great warband!

I second WBK's motion for a warband list, as the picture already stirred my interest on what you spent the money for, and seeing it's a 1000gc tournament, I am even more anxious Smile
Back to top Go down
Vent
Champion
Champion
Vent

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 11:46

I can do that ^_^

1000 GC - Witch Hunters Roster

Squad (1#, 298 gC)
1 Captain @ 298 gC (Hammer; Sword; Leader; Weapon Skill +1 x2; Strength +1 x1; Toughness +1 x1; Wound +1 x2; Attack +1 x1; Initiative +1 x1; Leadership +1 x1; Hammer x1; Sword x1)
1 Step Aside

Squad (1#, 151 gC)
1 Warrior Priest @ 151 gC (Hammer; Weapon Skill +1 x1; Strength +1 x1; Toughness +1 x1; Wound +1 x1; Leadership +1 x1; Hammer x2)

Squad (1#, 108 gC)
1 Witch Hunter @ 108 gC (Dagger; Hammer; Ballistic Skill +1 x1; Free Dagger; Hammer x1; Crossbow)
1 Quick Shot

Squad (1#, 108 gC)
1 Witch Hunter @ 108 gC (Dagger; Hammer; Ballistic Skill +1 x1; Free Dagger; Hammer x1; Crossbow)
1 Quick Shot

Squad (1#, 108 gC)
1 Quick Shot

Squad (3#, 165 gC)
3 Flagellants @ 165 gC (Two-Handed; Two-Handed Weapon)

Squad (1#, 40 gC + 20 upkeep)
1 Elf Ranger @ 40 gC (Helmet)
1 Elven Cloak

This actually only equals to 998 gold, the rule for hired henchmen is cost + one upkeep. In play testing the elven ranger has not paid out that well. If I have time tomorrow I'm considering painting up a pit-fighter and subbing him out. This will also allow me to stick another attack on the captain... Also the first magic spell is random. I could of purchased a second, but decided not to...

I will be facing: Skaven (x2), Possessed, Marienburg Mercenaries, Averland Mercenaries and Undead.

The scenarios will be: Occupy, Street-fight, Chance Encounter, Breakthrough, Skirmish

Both the opponent and the scenario will be random. But you don't play the same person again. We have a time limit of only 45 minutes per game, but testing has shown that with powerful warbands this is about right. If we're entrenched in conflict we have a points system at time limit.

We're playing all optional rules. Plus the home rule that a charging 2hw gets to go first in first round of close combat. We all feel that if someone is running at you with a big ass weapon they're ready to use it... This works well for me, makes my Flagellants brilliant shock troops...

Tactics is basically to keep the Witch-Hunters back, above if possible and stationary making use of the Quickfire and have them shoot anything that moves while the Flagellants go one way and the Captain and Priest go the other. This is only a very broad plan however and usually changes...

Photos and updates from the day without a doubt. OH! And it's a charity event, we donate cans of food to the Auckland city mission for re-rolls(One can per dice for yourself, two cans per dice to force and opponent to reroll). Last year there was like over 500 cans of food and quite a bit of cash donated by the end of the day... It's the first time Mordheim has been played at the Canopener tourney, but it's all in good fun ^_^
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 12:43

Vent wrote:
*list*
Looks solid to me.

Vent wrote:
This actually only equals to 998 gold, the rule for hired henchmen is cost + one upkeep. In play testing the elven ranger has not paid out that well. If I have time tomorrow I'm considering painting up a pit-fighter and subbing him out. This will also allow me to stick another attack on the captain... Also the first magic spell is random. I could of purchased a second, but decided not to...
I'm in favour of the Pit Fighter (but I'm totally bias because I just want to see how you make/paint it!)

Vent wrote:
I will be facing: Skaven (x2), Possessed, Marienburg Mercenaries, Averland Mercenaries and Undead.

The scenarios will be: Occupy, Street-fight, Chance Encounter, Breakthrough, Skirmish

Both the opponent and the scenario will be random. But you don't play the same person again. We have a time limit of only 45 minutes per game, but testing has shown that with powerful warbands this is about right. If we're entrenched in conflict we have a points system at time limit.
That seems like a really good format. 45 minutes for a game is definitely possible. We've been playing in our lunch-hour for over a year now and we normally manage to finish the after-game sequence as well.

Vent wrote:

We're playing all optional rules. Plus the home rule that a charging 2hw gets to go first in first round of close combat. We all feel that if someone is running at you with a big ass weapon they're ready to use it... This works well for me, makes my Flagellants brilliant shock troops...
It certainly does! I can't see Flame On accepting that rule though Wink
Vent wrote:

Tactics is basically to keep the Witch-Hunters back, above if possible and stationary making use of the Quickfire and have them shoot anything that moves while the Flagellants go one way and the Captain and Priest go the other. This is only a very broad plan however and usually changes...
Cool. Sounds like a fairly flexible but solid plan.

Vent wrote:
Photos and updates from the day without a doubt. OH! And it's a charity event, we donate cans of food to the Auckland city mission for re-rolls(One can per dice for yourself, two cans per dice to force and opponent to reroll). Last year there was like over 500 cans of food and quite a bit of cash donated by the end of the day... It's the first time Mordheim has been played at the Canopener tourney, but it's all in good fun ^_^
What a great idea! They seem to have found a way to run Mordheim like a Blood Bowl tournament. Normally it doesn't work in a competitive environment, but this looks promising. love the Cans-for-rerolls idea.
cheers
Good luck at the weekend.
Looking forward to next week now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 18:49

This warband turned out exceptional. I can't believe how quick you got them all painted too. The group shot looks really nice. Your choice of colors was excellent.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 22:15

what can I add after all these comments on your paintjobs ?
what can I add on your choice of colours and how you worked them out ?
what can I add about the tournament and the can idea ?

I can only quote Frank Zappa : Wowie Zowie !

I wish I had your speed ! I just spent 2 hours on removing mold lines from 1 bloody plastic beastman, and when I look at the shield arm, I'm getting depressed about how in the name of hell I'm going to paint the inside of the arm & shield ...
Back to top Go down
Vent
Champion
Champion
Vent

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010 - 7:44

Scenery!

While the club has a crapload of terrain there's a lot of games this weekend so we all decided to get some more. I got these two sets really cheap and while they don't have much height, they're good enough... PHOTOS ARE TERRIBLE, Sorry... ^_^

Skull Temple: Good piece, might take up too much space, but oh well ^_^
Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 4711209090_679415de56_b

LotR Ruins set: Good for many scenarios ^_^
Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 4711209024_d82cbe8780_b
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun 2010 - 15:04

Nice pieces! the LOTR ruins look great, nice paint job there.
The temple looks nice as well, but it's a bit too shiny in my opinion, I would drop some washes here and there to give it a darker shading.

Nevertheless great job!
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info
Achievements earned: Golden Tom Golden Tom

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 10:18

Damn! i forgot to have a good look at your warband today/play you, but i did get to see/play on the terrain and they looked great!

If your going to join in on the campaign then im sure we can face off Wink

-Foot
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Jun 2010 - 11:26

What a beautiful warband! I love the vibrant colours. Very very cool! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Vent
Champion
Champion
Vent

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jun 2010 - 11:18

Well, I got pretty much shafted in every game I played. I was exhausted when I turned up to play after getting called out at 3am the night before to deal with my Drunk and lost Niece, couple this with quite simply the WORST dice rolling in the known universe and you get a massive drubbing... Ahh well, it was all in good fun and we raised quite a bit of food for charity... ^_^

I have some photos floating around on my camera, but I'll upload them tomorrow... I think I might use the figures I have and create a few others and put out a merc band for shits and gigglges while making a few zealots and dogs for the campaign... So much to do...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^   Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sigmars Honor - Scenery! How Exciting! ^_^
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3