Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Empty
PostSubject: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010 - 23:30

hi guys,

just a quick question before going to sleep
i have the possessed mini's that come in the box (7 pieces I think)
which leaves me a bit short for starting a warband
i bought the new daemonettes ; think i'll get a possessed or two out of them
you can only have 2 mutants, so producing a second one should not be that hard
for brethren I'll probably go with what's in the box
beastmen is no problem
but those darksouls ... there's only one in the box (i saw a second version, and a second version of the magister as well, but don't own them)
but now i ordered a box of 20 10 plastic Dark Elf Black Ark Corsairs (they were reasonably priced elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_smile ) to try to alter those a bit to serve as darksouls

elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Dark%20Elf%20Black%20Ark%20Corsairs

anybody tried that yet ?
any tips, ideas, colour schemes, minor green stuff ideas, .... well ... every feedback whatsoever in fact, would be mostly welcome

cheers
rascal

Last edited by pascal the rascal on Fri 21 May 2010 - 19:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010 - 23:31

I have been thinking to use the undersides of the rank and file blackelf boyz maybe you can combine them with the ones you have...
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010 - 12:54

yep, checked those leg parts ; you're right ; they'd probably look nice
I'll wait for my order to arrive, but probably won't be buying anything soon (went a bit overboard on my order plus some ebay items .... again ....)
Hope my wife won't be home when my "toys and other kid's stuff" wille arrive
elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES 104879
Back to top Go down
The Ultra-Mega Bob
Veteran
Veteran
The Ultra-Mega Bob

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010 - 16:54

I'd be really interested in seeing how those work out for you; I recently bought some historical viking and barbarian minis (Wargames Factory's Ancient German Warband and Viking Huscarls) to use as Dark Souls for a Norse themed Possessed warband, but I would have preferred the robed style, like the ones you're going for.

Can you post some pics when you're done?
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2010 - 19:06

hi Bob,

I will, but you'll probably have a beard by then ; I got about a zillion projects in my head ... and spend way too much time on painting mini by mini
For example : I still got my witchhunters band (regular) half painted, that I started ... I don't know ; a year ago or so ...

But the same goes for you : a Norse themed possessed band ... mmmm ... that got me wondering !
You post some pics as well, ok ?

cheers mate
Back to top Go down
The Ultra-Mega Bob
Veteran
Veteran
The Ultra-Mega Bob

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun 2010 - 14:47

pascal the rascal wrote:
hi Bob,

I will, but you'll probably have a beard by then

Too late for that elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_razz

Quote :

But the same goes for you : a Norse themed possessed band ... mmmm ... that got me wondering !
You post some pics as well, ok ?

cheers mate

elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES 509466 I'll make and effort to get some taken; I've never posted anything before but I'll put up some preliminary pics as soon as I figure out what I'm doing.

I'm using barbarian & viking models for the brethren and Dark souls (although the woad style warpaint did not work out well, like I'd hoped elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_cry ), and I've got miniatures from a company called Heresy for the Possessed: 'Narbrott the "classic" style Cyclops', and the 'Vomiting Blight Hero' for a Cloven Hoof, and Black Blood mutated Possessed respectively. The Magister will be a Monty Python 'Tim' look-a-like from Reaper minis, called Leisynn, Mercenary Mage.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitimeTue 1 Jun 2010 - 19:39

a monty python magister heh ? now that seems interesting !

for the moment I'm laying the last hand on 3 Hybrid mini's (from the Rackham Hybrid game ; you can check it out at boardgamegeek) for my youngest son ; they don't look mordheimy at all, but the description "part human, part metal, part black magic" keeps coming back and back at me when I paint them. One's finished and I hope to round up the other two in another 2 to 3 sessions. If you're interested : I'll post them in the "rascal's random minis thread" (to be found somewhere on this here forum)
The non-box possessed magister and the blind sister of sigmar shot through my hands at ebay because some nasty character outbid me at 7 AM this morning ... aaarggghhhhhhhhhhh !!!!
some freaks are even worse than me !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES   elves - POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POSSESSED VS DARK ELVES
Page 1 of 1