Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
readerrayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
readerrayne

readerrayne

Trading Reputation : 0

Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Empty
PostSubject: Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player   Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010 - 19:14

Hello All! I am completely new to Mordheim. Thus far I've watched others play and have read the rules. Now it's time for me to pick my Warband and I still have no idea what I'm going choose. Decisions, decisions, decisions. If any seasoned players have any ideas about why their favorite warband is the best I would love to hear them.

Besides being new to Mordheim I am also a new Warhammer 40k player (Da Orkses is my army). Additionally I play Warmachine/Hordes (Trollbloods and am getting the itch to start a new Warmachine faction).

As my username implies I also love to read. Lately I've been working my way through a number of Black Library titles but 40k and WHFB. Additionally I've been reading Tom's blog and this forum and have been loving both so far.

I'm looking forward to more Mordheim goodness.

Cheers,
Rayne
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player   Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_minitimeMon 10 May 2010 - 20:22

Regardless of the game or setting, Orc(k)s & GOBLINS are the best...at least from my unbiased perspective Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Suspect .
WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Sleep But Cool Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. Have a LONG & MERRY stay! Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
BargainBinArcher
Champion
Champion
BargainBinArcher

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player   Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 0:27

I like to play Reiklanders, and I think they're fun to play because while they seem like generic humans, they actually have the most variety. They can use nearly all the weapons, they can shoot well and they can fight well, and they can use nearly every hired sword.

Additionally, the models are easy to obtain and/or proxy and the Empire Militia Boxed set can cover all your needs. In summary, they're a well rounded, highly customizable warband that has an answer for every problem thrown in their way.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player   Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 12:12

readerrayne wrote:
(Da Orkses is my army).
I like the new guy! Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player 387809
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player   Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 6:54

Welcome to the addiction!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player   Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010 - 16:32

Welcome to Mordheim (great game) and the Forum!

I think for your first warband, any of the three variants of the "human mercenaries" in the basic book are good choices, in that they are all flexible in their initial build and in their development. Like BargainBinArcher, my favorite of the three are the Reiklanders, but Marienburgers and Middenheimers are also very competitive warbands (and with the human mercs there are so many excellent plastic sets you can draw on to build really characterful models).

Anyway - have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player   Hoy!  Totally New Mordheim Player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hoy! Totally New Mordheim Player
Page 1 of 1