Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[DBA] Celtiberian Army

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Endakil
Champion
Champion
Endakil

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

[DBA] Celtiberian Army Empty
PostSubject: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010 - 17:42

This is the DBA army I just finished a few weeks ago.
Thinking about some Cantabrian Wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantabrian_Wars) scenarios with my romans.

[DBA] Celtiberian Army 4512059515_4a4156d496_o

[DBA] Celtiberian Army 4512172327_05c9708c1a_o

Back to top Go down
http://frikidiario.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010 - 20:08

VERY, VERY COOL! The amount of detail you manage on those tiny shields is INCREDIBLE. VERY WELL DONE! [DBA] Celtiberian Army 544694
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010 - 0:26

Beautiful, but why waste your obvious skills on historicals? Particularly at that scale ...
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010 - 2:42

Historical wargaming is alot of fun. Great job!
Back to top Go down
Endakil
Champion
Champion
Endakil

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010 - 3:29

Thank you DeafNala, Citizen Sade and Drugart Smile

Citizen Sade wrote:
Beautiful, but why waste your obvious skills on historicals? Particularly at that scale ...

Someone could tell that painting miniatures (of any kind) is wasting time ^^
I like fantasy and ci-fi games -I have been into fantasy wargaming since 1992-, but I also love History. Maybe the deeds of Teclis or commissar Yarrick are cool, but the lives of Harald Hardrada, Brian Boru or Alcibiades are even more awesome. Real lives and real deeds; believe me, reality always beats fiction.

Why that 15mm scale?
- It is cheaper. You need around 600 euros for a WH40k army, when a COMPLETE DBA army will cost around 12-30 euros.
- It is faster to paint. A DBA army is composite of 12 bases (a few more in some lists with options); in around one or two weeks your army will be ready to fight with their colorful uniforms.
- It is easier to storage. Even in a room crowded with books and miniatures you'll have some space for 15mm guys.
- It is easier to transport. You can carry your entire army in jewelry box -for example-, but when you are carrying your 28-32mm fantasy or ci-fi army you'll have a crowd of miniatures and several monsters or tanks... most of us play GW games, you know what I mean ^^
- It is easier to play. DBA rules are just 16 pages and it also includes 300+ army lists; it is a solid, easy and fun systen. In the opposite, well, you know about games which new editions come faster each time (forcing you to change your army -ie buying new models-).
- It is funnier to play. DBA is a stable and concise system. Forget about new editions and army books which change the universal rules... forget about gaming discussions.
- It is faster to play. You just need 30-60 minutes to play a battle in DBA. Spending around 3 hours in a wargaming session is a luxury nowadays.
- Playing historical wargames you are learning History. When into fantasy and ci-fi you read the background of your elves or space marines. When you buy your historical army (spartans, celts, vikings, romans, samurais...) you look for info about them; how they look, how they fight, what are their deeds... learning can be fun.

Probably I am forgeting a lot of facts but, well, these are my two cents Wink
Of course I am deep into Mordheim too [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
http://frikidiario.blogspot.com/
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010 - 15:06

Well said! I love my fiction and Sci Fi like the next person, but History, a whole new ball game. Relive and fight the most craziest battles one could only hope to imagine for thier fiction games, and it REALLY DID HAPPEN!

In hitorical means I usually do Pirates or Western, but I have been a HUGE Roman buff for many years and have shelves of books in their honor. From the rise to their terrible fall. We can learn alot from ancient civilisations, why not honor their memory in showing them the battle field one 15mm or whatever figure at a time [DBA] Celtiberian Army 509466
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2010 - 16:25

Great army! Reminds me of the days I spent in Cantabria... beautiful country Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DBA] Celtiberian Army   [DBA] Celtiberian Army Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[DBA] Celtiberian Army
Page 1 of 1