Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Hello!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gobi_tom

gobi_tom

Trading Reputation : 0

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010 - 0:10

Hello!

My name is Tom and I'm new to both this forum and to Mordheim (and a bit new to wargames in general, really...). I played Warhammer a bit when I was younger, and haven't played for many years! A friend re-introduced me to the hobby, and the narrative-led style of Mordheim has really appealed to me.

I've been reading through the forum and Tom's blog - both of which are full of really useful information and inspiring photos of models and scenery. I've started to build my first warband (orcs and goblins) and a board to match, and so I thought I'd sign up to the forum and get posting!

It's nice to meet you all, and I look forward to exchanging information in the future (especially when I learn something worth contributing... until then I'll be happy to beg/borrow/steal hobby tips from everyone else pirat ).

In the vein of newbie questions - what sort of bases do you all use for your warbands? I've made a few 'cobblestone' bases, but I'm unsure of whether to use them, as it might look odd for playing Empire in Flames or Border Town Burning games...

Thanks and best,

Tom.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010 - 0:17

Orcs & GOBLINS are the BEST! SO...WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Hello! Sleep Yet Strangely Inspirational Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. Have a LONG & MERRY stay! Hello! Icon_cheers

For Mordheim proper I do cobblestone bases; EIF & BTB a more natural, &, in the latter case, snowy bases are in order. Hello! Fresse
Back to top Go down
gobi_tom

gobi_tom

Trading Reputation : 0

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010 - 12:08

Great, thanks for the welcome. Seeing as this is my first Mordheim warband, I think I'll go for the classic cobblestone bases! Thanks for the advice.

Tom.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeTue 13 Apr 2010 - 14:13

Welcome Tom! Orcs and Goblins for the Win!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Welcome Newbies!-
Jump to: