I've been dabbling around with a more Necromancer focused war band lately, with a Liche as the leader. I've got most of my inspirations from Liber Necris, Border Towns Bruning's Restless dead, WHFRP's bestiary and Necrarchs, the soul Stealers from Letters of the Damned 1.
New version out @ http://mordheim.kybernesis.net/cult_of_nagash.pdf
I would love any comments on it,
cause I still haven't play tested it.
Keep in mind it's still a work in progress so any constructive comments would be appreciated. and please add some thoughts to what you think could be changed with your comments Smile
I'm playtesting these guys tonight, will update y'all on how it goes
Current - v0.4:
- Removed Golem crafting ritual with a cost involving wyrdstones. This reflects that the Necromancer is still crafting it without the randomness of it all.
- Removed Wyrdstone effects, as TimL @ the Mordheim Yahoo groups pointed out, Warhammer undeads don’t get affected by chaos effects.
- "Merged" Wights and Wight Lords into one. So only have Wights as heroes now.
- Made Wraiths capable of gaining XP, they're former necromancers after all.
- Added Dreaded scrolls of Nagash from Necrarchs, the Soul Stealers.
- Added Nightmare and skeletal steed to the equipment list along with description on the latter.
- Added Staff of Undeath to the equipment list along with description.
- Added Scrolls of Nagash to the equipment list along with description.
- Added Magic Weapon Crafting rituals to Forbidden Lore and removed others.
- "Borrowed" the Abomination write up from Necrarchs, the soul Stealers from Letters of the Damned 1 for my Flesh Golem.
- Lowered Liche's woundsfrom 4 to 3 and added Life in Death as a starting ability to
reflect that a Liche is eternal.
- Changed Skeletons to be only 0-5 allowed.
- Lowered the cost of Flesh Golem ritual from 3 wyrdstones to 2, but the Flesh Golem will require a new wyrdstone to be reanimated if he is ever taken out of action.