Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Night Goblins and Troll etc.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

Trading Reputation : 0

Night Goblins and Troll etc. Empty
PostSubject: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010 - 15:18

Apologies ahead of time if any of these are silly questions. I am asking on behalf of my opponent who is running Night Goblins and a Troll.

Should animosity affect all Goblins in the Warband, or is it just henchmen? It seemed to say all of them but maybe we are reading this wrong? The Orc warband it doesn't seem to affact the leader at least...?

What max stats should we be using for the Night Goblins or is it up to house rulling? Everywhere we looked we seemed to find different answers.
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010 - 19:34

Typically racial maximum characteristic are
I and A increased by 3 from race base stats
WS, BS, W and Ld increased by 2 from base stats
S and T increased by 1 from base stats

I think base stats for night goblins are

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 2 3 3 3 1 3 1 5

So racial maximum would be

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
4 5 6 4 4 3 6 4 7
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010 - 2:41

If you haven't seen it already then I highly recommend Pathfinder Dubstyles Night Goblin warband that has been created using the Night Goblin warband found on the Mordheimer's Information Centre website as inspiration.

Hero posted the same maximum profile as the Night Goblins in PD's warband mentioned above. Therefore that must be correct! Very Happy

Animosity should affect heroes and henchmen in goblin warbands. If you are using the Mordheimer warband then I suggest letting the Big Boss and Shaman be immune to Animosity but the remaining Boss heroes should all be affected by Animosity.

PD's newer Night Goblin warband also draws inspiration from the Forest Goblin warband found in the Nemesis Crown suppliment and introduces a rule to allow Night Goblin heroes to gain immunity from Animosity at the expense of gaining a new skill. Also the Boss, Squig Herder and Shaman heroes in PD's warband all start off immune to Animosity.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010 - 12:06

Thanks a lot for the help. I will take a look at those and I suspect we will use those max stats.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010 - 20:38

Good luck with the gobbos! Let me know how your fungus hoarding exploits turn out, and please feel free to make suggestions, throw tomatoes, etc. in my Night Goblins thread!

About animosity, the ability to overcome animosity was a feature of the forest goblins i borrowed. I also borrowed boss poles and house ruled that line of sight is needed to benefit from it.

The original night goblin warband uses a single roll for the whole warband, on a 1, the entire warband does nothing but squabble... i prefer Da Mob Rulez method even if it takes longer.
Back to top Go down
Darkfury
Captain
Captain
Darkfury

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2010 - 23:39

Thanks again. All good info Smile
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010 - 2:39

Yeah it's a lot more devastating to have your entire warband do nothing for a turn than more sporadic incidents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins and Troll etc.   Night Goblins and Troll etc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Goblins and Troll etc.
Page 1 of 1