Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Empty
PostSubject: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 10:15

When I first saw the frenzied mob minis I felt dumbfounded. So much character, so colorful. Especially that grumpy little girl... and you could probably fit some kind of weapon under her arms, so she's kind of leaning on it, maybe a hefty axe or something... that would be great now, wouldn't it? But what warband should she be a part of?

I thought about for quite some time, but when I reread the Mordheimer Fanatics rules it all became clear. So I bought the Frenzied mob, took some leftover Witch Hunters, and started painting.

And now, the unveiling - a bunch of psychopathic city folk, armed with whatever they could find!

Group shot:
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_group

The preacher (Murmel-Jaan):
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_preacher_frfolketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_preacher_ba

The bleak one (Blasse Viktor):
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_bleakone_frfolketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_bleakone_ba

The Lunatics (Der Fischhändler and Der Puppenspieler (don't miss todays show)):
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_lunatic2_frfolketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_lunatic2_ba
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_lunatic1_frfolketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_lunatic1_ba

The Orphans (Beilstreich-Sally and Stichler-Bobby):
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_orphan2_frfolketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_orphan2_ba
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_orphan1_frfolketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_orphan1_ba

City folk (Die Vogelscheuche and Bruder Benny, der Totengräber, Fleischer-Fanny and Rumgefüllte Rudi):
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_cityfolk2_fr
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_cityfolk2_ba
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_cityfolk1_fr
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_cityfolk1_ba

Maimed Ones (Wilde Hilda, Some Nameless Guy and Abnimmte Aaron):
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_maimedones_fr
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_maimedones_ba

I'm quite pleased with these minis. They are all GW, but I've got some cityfolk from Reaper coming up to fill the gaps in the warband!

Last edited by folketsfiende on Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 13:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 10:47

COOL, an entire War Band of Civilian Psychos! You can't get much more Mordheimy than that. The recurring yellow ties the motley crew together,,,so to speak. VERY WELL DONE...as always! folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics 544694
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 11:57

I too love the Frenzied Mob and I always thought the Witch Hunter henchmen fit them nicely. Now that I look at it it seems the girl's pose was made for that axe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed 4 Aug 2010 - 10:55

Some more city folk (all reaper models):
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_cityfolkfr
folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics MF_cityfolkba

Last edited by folketsfiende on Thu 5 Aug 2010 - 9:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeWed 4 Aug 2010 - 12:51

Let me preface a bit of a critique by saying that I'm drawing a LOT of motivation from your FINE WORK at a time when motivation is a scarce resource...for that THANKS MUCHO! Now then, while each piece is VERY NICELY DONE, as a group of basically civilian types they come across as being too uniform: i.e., a uniform color scheme just does work that well with the subject...of course, that's just my take on the beasty. folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Fresse
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug 2010 - 11:04

DeafNala wrote:
as a group of basically civilian types they come across as being too uniform: i.e., a uniform color scheme just does work that well with the subject...of course, that's just my take on the beasty. folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Fresse

I take it that you mean "just doesn't work that well"? I agree that they have an armyish feel to them cuz of the uniform colouring, but it makes them so much easier to actually play a battle with, much easier to distinguish and strategize with. Still, you're right about them being somewhat the same!

New better pics btw!
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeFri 6 Aug 2010 - 14:08

Ahh these miniatures are awesome. I like thos frenzied mobs too.

I found some other great miniatures for a witch hunters warband. I hope they will work as well together as your fine collection. The girl with the axe, the mother wit child and flail/morningstar these are great ideas.

Another question what is your light source? You used direct light if i am right.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitimeFri 6 Aug 2010 - 14:20

SerialMoM wrote:
Ahh these miniatures are awesome. I like thos frenzied mobs too.

I found some other great miniatures for a witch hunters warband. I hope they will work as well together as your fine collection. The girl with the axe, the mother wit child and flail/morningstar these are great ideas.

Thanks. Looking forward to those Witch Hunters btw.

SerialMoM wrote:
Another question what is your light source? You used direct light if i am right.

I use natural light, but take my pics when the sun is not shining directly into the room. Also I'm lucky enough to have windows on two of the walls, which makes the light conditions much better. There are special light bulbs that produce natural light, but I believe those are a bit expensive. Of course, I never use flash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics   folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

folketsfiendes Mordheimer Fanatics
Page 1 of 1