Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shacru
Warrior
Warrior
Shacru

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

[BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Empty
PostSubject: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 8:38

Tchar Rituals:
Dispel Magic - The Seers ends all effects of currently active
spells.

active - are summonings like 'Children of the Horned Rat' 'active spells'?

Mark of Shornaal The Serpent - Leader:

Enemy models [...] cannot attack the hero in close combar unless they
pass a Ld test. If the roll is failed, these models are automatically
hit
in combat. Once they pass, they do not have to test again for the
duration of the battle.

'automatically hit in combat' - Who hits whom when in battle?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 10:01

Dispel Magic:
There is a number of spells that remain in play, such as the Sword of Rhezebel(sp?). Basically anything that says "lasts until ..." has a duration and thus can be ended by the Dispel Magic spell.

Mark of Shornaal:
Enemy models = these models = they = anything plural as opposed to the single one Hero/Leader.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Shacru
Warrior
Warrior
Shacru

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 10:19

Mark of Shornaal The Serpent - Leader

Leader strikes in order of initiative?

And when the leader has only one attack and he is charged by two enemies? According to the description both are hit.

And in case of the leader is taken 'out of action' before he can strike back? Are the enemies hit nevertheless?
Back to top Go down
Jonke
Youngblood
Youngblood
Jonke

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 11:47

Automatically hit means attacks directed at them hit automatically, without rolling dice not that they take automatic htis. . So you still have to allocate attacks on them and you can't hit more models than you have attacks and if your model i ooa before he can strike the enemy models won't be hit.
Back to top Go down
Shacru
Warrior
Warrior
Shacru

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 12:03

Thank you for your help!
Back to top Go down
SomeOrc
Knight
Knight
SomeOrc

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 20:13

cianty wrote:

Mark of Shornaal:
Enemy models = these models = they = anything plural as opposed to the single one Hero/Leader.

Let me rephrase the question of Shacru:

Say, one Orc of mine is in combat with his Shornaal'd hero and one of his henchmen (2 of his, 1 of mine).

Now. Obviously, when my Orc tries to hit the hero, the Mark of Shornaal rules apply. When the hero attacks my Orc (who has failed his Shornaal test), then the hero automatically hits. But what about his henchman? Does that one also automatically hit my Orc?

The rule says "If the roll is failed, these models [my orcs] are automatically hit in combat."

Does this mean "If the roll is failed, these models are automatically hit in combat by the Shornaal'd hero" or "If the roll is failed, these models are automatically hit in combat by any melee attacker"?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 21:45

Aahh! Now I get it! Idea

Well, with the rules as written - and as played so far - it does indeed mean that the victim is auto-hit by all enemies - not only the leader. The victim is paralized by the powers of Shornaal.
Back to top Go down
SomeOrc
Knight
Knight
SomeOrc

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar 2010 - 23:34

Great, thanks for clearing that up. Might want to add it to the errata or something - I'd think that would be a key ability for the marauders!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010 - 8:58

Yeah, I might add it to the FAQ. Currently I'm somewhere between too busy and too lazy. Plus that was just how the rules are if you play as written. I think the alternate interpretation only comes up when playing against the ability... Wink Anyways, I'll see about it sometime...
Back to top Go down
Shacru
Warrior
Warrior
Shacru

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010 - 8:52

Mark of Shornaal The Serpent- Sheer

Shornaals Temptation

My turn.

My champion declares a charge at the stupid Maneater. He is moved in base-to-base contact.

In the shooting phase my sheer casts Shornaals Temptation and the Maneater fails his leadership test so I gain control over the model.

So what happens in the close combat phase? Do I have to attack the model? If I do, does the Maneater strike back?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitimeMon 12 Apr 2010 - 14:51

This is basically the same situation as when you play a multiplayer game (say 3 players) and one of your models is engaged with an enemy model and then you and that model's player form an alliance. Your models are no longer enemies and are moved 1" apart immediately.

See page 28 of the Chaos in the Streets article from the Mordheim Annual:
"Members of allied warbands that are in combat with one another when the alliance is announced will automatically break from combat. Place the models 1" apart from each other. They can move as normal in their next Movement phase (so models knocked down or stunned follow the normal rules for being knocked down or stunned, etc)."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods   [BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[BTB] Marauders of Chaos: Mark of the Dark Gods
Page 1 of 1