Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
papagromit

papagromit

Trading Reputation : 0

warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Empty
PostSubject: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 1:24

when you successfully cast the spell and your guys are in the aura you have strike first. My understanding is when you are charged you go in initiative order. But i was wondering do the orcs only have strike first for the first round of combat or do the have strike first then entire battle phase. example (when in close combat does the orc still have strike first therfore attacking first in normal combat?)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 1:59

Welcome to the forum!

You have strike first until the spell ends (i.e. the caster is stunned or taken OOA) or you move out of the area of effect. So if the orcs are charged they must strike in initiative order, but if combat lasts to another round the orcs will strike first unless the enemy warrior has a higher initiative AND strike first as well.

There's a discussion of this hidden in one of the threads on spears (of all things...)
Back to top Go down
papagromit

papagromit

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:11

thank you for replying i was hoping to get more than one persons opinion. i agree with what you said just would like to hear what other people say
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:45

Von Kurst has it right
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 2:57

Yes. "Strike first" from whatever source (spell, skill, spear, or charge) are all equal, so if two "strike first" models are fighting you go in initiative order. And, as Von Kurst noted, once cast the spell stays in play "until the caster is knocked down, stunned or taken out of action."
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 15:25

Due to the low I of orcs, this makes the spell rather useless....

Previous discussion:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/rules-and-gameplay-f1/ledz-go-spell-t1321.htm?highlight=ledz+go
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 15:36

It is definitely not what it was. But due to the good Toughness of orcs it still has it uses. If it is in play after a charge only Lightning Reflexes warriors will strike before the orcs. (The rules for spears confuse me now, but perhaps spear armed enemies might have a chance.) My enemies still fear the spell, which I routinely fail to cast anyway...
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 18:06

"Due to the low I of orcs, this makes the spell rather useless...."

I agree completely with Von Kurst's response - the fact that orcs have low Initiative makes the spell more useful. I know my dwarves would love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go   warband - Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regaurding orc and goblin warband spell ledz go
Page 1 of 1