Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skig's Ogre Plog

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog Empty
PostSubject: Skig's Ogre Plog   ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:40

Hi there. I have recently started a warhammer fantasy ogre kingdoms army, and since I play mordhiem more than fantasy in general I have decided to do a mordhiem band with them aswell. I am not really sure what rules to use yet but I think I will probably go for these:

http://tabletopgeeks.com/wp-content/downloads/warbands/Ogre_Warband.pdf

Anyway I am still working on the fluff for the warband, but since they are meant to hail from the tribe my fantasy army will represent I shall post the background for the tribe as a whole:

"The tribe of Skig the Caravan Crusher is not like other ogre tribes. It is not that they don't share the love of eating and killing the other tribes have, it's just that they have a Gnoblar like fondness for all things shiny. This unusual quality dates back to the founder of the tribe, Gem-Eye the Tyrant. Ogre legend has it that Gem-Eye was visited in a dream by the great maw and told to gather gems. No ogre has ever stopped to consider the fact that gems would be of no use to a god of hunger and so the legend lives on, however there is another less flawed legend. The Gnoblar's of the tribe whisper that Gem-Eye was not an ogre at all, but in fact a Gnoblar that happened upon a powerful magic staff and used it to take over the body of the first ogre he saw, as luck would have it this ogre was very large and so a tyrant was born. The Gnoblars cunning combined with the ogre's brute strength made a powerful combination and soon Gem-Eye was Tyrant of a sizable tribe. Of course the ogre's of the tribe have no time for such nonsense, and many a Gnoblar has been eaten for mentioning this alternative legend. Whatever the truth about Gem-Eye is though, the fact remains that his tribe has inherited his love of anything with a reflective surface on it somewhere. As a result their armor is shiny and well maintained, there belts are adorned with stolen jewelry, and the Gnoblars of the tribe, being deprived of the shiny things they crave, are far from happy.

Skig's tribe live by raiding caravans, they have been known to accept work as caravan guards as well, however they always turn on there employers within a few days."

Now for pics.

Here are my first ogres, I'm not sure of there positions in the warband yet but them middle one will probably be my leader

ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog P1015748640x306

here is my WIP Butcher Kin

ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog P1015770480x623

Finally here is my Ogre Dramatic Persona (He is still a WIP)

Fluff:
Grog the Wealthy was the leader of a much feared group of ogre's who searched for treasure in the name of Greaseus Goldtooth (In that time he was known as Grog the dutiful). However one fatefull night they broke into A large fortified tower. What they found inside is now legendary across all of Mordhiem. The tower was full of gems and gold, treasure beyond any Mordhiemer's wildest dreams. At the center of this treasure trove sat an ornate jewel shaped like a human heart. This jewel was a powerfull magic artifact, but to the dull witted Grog it looked like breakfast. Before some of the less ravenous ogres of his band could point out it's worth to him Grog had devoured the stone. No one is quite sure what the stone did to him but it changed Grog. He got bigger, meaner and above all greedier. Within a few minutes all his followers lay dead and he was standing on a balcony far up the tower bellowing that all the treasure was his. From that day on Grog's tower has attracted many many bands of warriors hungry for the wealth therein, however the gem has made grog into a furious beast and he has been holding the tower against all and sundry for several years now.

Pictures:

ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog P1015759copy640x442

ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog P1015762copy592x480

As for rules I haven't thought of them yet, any ideas would be appreciated. I am thinking of him more as a character to be used in a a scenario than to be hired by warbands

Hope you like my stuff
Skig
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Skig's Ogre Plog   ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 19:06

are those horns comming out of his crutch or is he just happy to see me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
skig
Warrior
Warrior
skig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Skig's Ogre Plog   ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 19:43

Lol, Yea I think I need to file the end of those down abit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skig's Ogre Plog   ogre - Skig's Ogre Plog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skig's Ogre Plog
Page 1 of 1