Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP

Go down 
+9
Erkwin
Ashton
Admin Tom
Pfreck
matt
cianty
Grimor
Tagnator
Boehm
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Are you (seriously) interested in a (Boring) Meeting in Vienna?
Definately yes!
a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Vote_lcap60%a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
Maybe...
a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Vote_lcap33%a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
No, not really
a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Vote_lcap7%a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Boehm
General
General
Boehm

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Empty
PostSubject: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2008 - 13:34

I was wondering ...any chance that we might somehow organize our own little Mordheim convention ...a long-weekend somewhere like Thurday or Friday-Sunday or something like that ...some time during the summer? somewhere in Europe ? Preferably near a city with an airport which some of the discount carriers flies to...

Added poll
-Cianty
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2008 - 14:07

sounds very intresting Smile I think it is a good idea!
Back to top Go down
Grimor
Captain
Captain
Grimor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2008 - 15:04

Yeah and it would be way easier to take your warband with you than warhammer armey but the scenery would be issue
Back to top Go down
http://algus.warhammer.pri.ee/forum/index.php?sid=b33c843eb89630
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2008 - 15:30

I like this idea a lot. I'd like to use Tom's scenery, by the way Razz
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2008 - 15:30

cianty wrote:
I like this idea a lot. I'd like to use Tom's scenery, by the way Razz

We should all go to his place then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSat 29 Mar 2008 - 22:19

i booked the tickets, now let's all go to tom's place Smile

General
General
Boehm

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2008 - 22:02

but seriously folks ...Im up for it ... I would love to spend some bucks to go somewhere and enjoy an exstended weekend of pure Mordheim with some dedicated players

(I dont get to play much around here anymore Sad )
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeSun 30 Mar 2008 - 22:33

you should make a poll, who wants to come and who not and maybe make a list so we can see who is wanting to come and who not! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 13:20

I'll be up for this defenitely! cheers
The only problem would be the travel costs to go to Vienna. By plane it'll cost about €170.- or so.
The other option is to go by train, can you get to Vienna by train?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 14:01

Sounds like a very good idea, seriously.

I keep thinking about a place where we would all fit. I will ask at MICROCONSTRUCT if we can use their venue. It is very close to my place, so its relatively easy to get all my scenery there.
It is a rather small shop but they can fit 2 Warhammer tables in the the center, so that should be enough for 6-10 people.

The only time in summer I am "free" will probably be during the first 2 weeks of Juli (1st-12th approx.)

@ Pfreck: Yes you can go to Vienna by train.

I would check out the following budget airlines for flights to Vienna:

- Air Berlin
- Easy Jet
- Niki
- Ryan Air
- Sky Europe (Does not fly directly to Vienna but to BRATISLAVA. There is a low cost bus service from there to Vienna. It's a 1,5h journey approximately. I did that once, and it's OK. But direct flights are much more convenient.)

For our baltic friend:
- Estonian Air
- Air Baltic

Let me know if you can find something! Please keep in mind that the tickets are cheaper the sooner you book them. So in order to keep it "low cost" we should try to decide as fast as we can Smile

I would suggest 1 full day of gaming (9:00 to 19:00+). Look for to and fro tickets around July 6th and write down a few flights around this date. Then post your "favourites" so others can see if they can also get a flight for the same date at a reasonnable price. We'll try to find a date that suits everyone in terms of flight price.

Keep me posted guys! :bom:

Cheers!

PS: Please keep in mind that you will also need accomodation if you want to stay more than one day in order to visit Vienna or such (I can't fit so many people in my room!). Let me know if you need accomodation and I'll do the best I can to help you!

Boehm
General
General
Boehm

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 15:58

I just checked flights from Hamburg to Vienna ..and its around €100-120 ...so Im game ! Smile ...though I would probably prefer if we could somehow manage two gaming days to really make it worth it to fly in ...though ofcause in reality I would probably throw in a bit of sightseeing of Vienna ontop as well.

To check airline fairs I can recommend

http://tv2.momondo.com/Default.aspx - according to CNN the best searchengine for finding cheap flights ...

EDIT: and like Tom said ...to get this to work out we should be quick before everybody and their mother make alternative plans ...so lets find out if we do this before the end of this week ! Smile

Last edited by Boehm on Mon 31 Mar 2008 - 16:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 16:00

We should go atleast 2 days or more because of the costs Smile !
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 16:05

Alright guys, I like this. It is taking shape. I've added a poll so please scroll up and make a vote so that we can see how many people are seriously considering coming.

Now we need to wait for Tom so that we know whether we can play at MICROCONSTRUCT (and if they would charge anything).

What's you opinion of the overall system? I mean do you want to play one-off games (not for me) or a campaign? If we agree on playing a campaign, may I suggest that we run a Border Town Burning campaign? Laughing Seriously, with each warband having its own objective and some small adjustments I think we can run a great BTB campaign on one Mordheim day. I could come up with something. What do you think?

I think we definately need a name for the convention. Like "The Boring Mordheim Meeting". Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 16:08

I should be cool to play a campaign, but that takes a couple of days right? No experience at all here Mad !
Back to top Go down
Boehm
General
General
Boehm

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 16:19

cianty wrote:
Seriously, with each warband having its own objective and some small adjustments I think we can run a great BTB campaign on one Mordheim day. I could come up with something. What do you think?

I think we definately need a name for the convention. Like "The Boring Mordheim Meeting". Laughing

sure why not? sounds like a fun idea ...ofcause I have never tried BTB but hey this could be a pretty cool introduction to it ...- just dont include too many "maneuvering"-scenarios my poor stunties dont lend themselves to well to those scenarios *g*

(uhh dreams of "Battle on the Steppes" a 4-way battle on the open tundra with only terrain being grass ...
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 17:32

MICROCONSTRUCT is closed today, so I wrote them an email.

I asked for 2 gaming days sometime during the first 2 weeks of july (exact date to be specified depending on you guys and your flights).

Let's see what they will reply Wink

As usual, stay tuned.

Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 17:49

cianty wrote:
I suggest that we run a Border Town Burning campaign [...] with each warband having its own objective and some small adjustments. I could come up with something. What do you think?

I think everything that involves everyone and easily fits in one or 2 gaming days is fine.

I strongly suggest we make teams, e.g. Team A and Team B with 3+ players each. Having 6+ individual players with a seperate turn for each will just take too much time. With 2 teams, it's like 2 players are playing (only 2 turns: A and B) but with all the warbands of one team moving, shooting etc. simultaneously.

If you can fit this in a campaign setting, Cianty, please do so. That would be awesome. But PLEASE keep in mind that the time needed to complete a multiplayer game increases exponentially with the number of players.

If we cannot fit this into a proper campaign, I would strongly recommend the following:
"pitched" battles (on 1 or 2 days) with Victory Points being awarded for
1) Wyrdstone fragments
2) Kills
3) Obejective Completion (if applicable)

The winning team will be the one with most VP at the end of a defined number of turns.

Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 18:14

some good ideas mate! the Team idea is very nice, and it will work I hope Smile!
Back to top Go down
Boehm
General
General
Boehm

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 18:22

sounds good so far, lets see what the reply from the store is ...
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 21:42

i like the idea, and if i'm not on holiday, I'll be there!
and i'd love to play a BTB campaign, only problem, i never played mordheim yet Sad

(btw, maybe a price for the winner?)

Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2008 - 0:34

I think we should think about modalities for a campaign once we know how many people are going to come and how many gaming tables will be available. Everything else is just speculation.

PS: I got some requests about the BTB website and the PDFs. The supplement will be released in its entirety this summer. Until then there will be no parts of the rules available to the public (except for what is already out there, e.g. in LOD). If we decide to play any parts of the supplement in Vienna, then I will send the relevant PDFs to all participants in time, of course. Until then let's wait and see what MICROCONSTRUCT says.
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2008 - 7:39

that's okay Smile

and maybe we should make this thread sticky?

Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2008 - 7:51

Boehm wrote:
but seriously folks ...Im up for it ... I would love to spend some bucks to go somewhere and enjoy an exstended weekend of pure Mordheim with some dedicated players

(I dont get to play much around here anymore Sad )

Amen!

I'd love to come out to Europe. My wife has family in England, so I probably can make an excuse to head out there some time.

Keep me posted!
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2008 - 10:18

We got a reply from MICROCONSTRUCT:

"Hallo Thomas!
Das ist kein Problem, ruft uns einfach an, und das Gelände könnt ihr natürlich auch mitnehmen ;-)
Liebe Grüsse,
Claudia"

Translation:

"Hi Thomas!
That is not a problem, just give us a call, and of course you can bring your own scenerey ;-)

Best Regards,
Claudia"

Start booking guys!

A few more precisions:

- We will have 3 plates that assemble into one 4"x6" table. That is the size of a regular WH table approximately. That should be enough.
- We will have all of my scenery, but you might want to bring some of yours if you can, because I will probably not have enough to fill the whole table I'm afraid.
- Also, please bring bridges, ladders and so forth if you can.

Now it's up to you guys. Let's try and settle a date as fast as we can.

Also: Please let me know if you need accomodation and I will try and have a look. It would be helpful if you could also specify approximately what price range you can afford and what preferences you have. Obviously getting a place in a dormitory with a 4-bed room is much cheaper than staying in a hotel.

Just so you know, prices in Austria are "normal" compared to the rest of Western Europe. So it will be cheaper than the UK but more expensive than, say, Ukraine. Prices are comparable to Germany (and the Netherlands I guess): it will be hard to find a single room for under €28.

Looking forward to this! Smile
Take care!

Admin Tom

cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2008 - 13:21

Three tables is amazing. 4' x 6' is the suggested size for multiplayer games by the way. Only question I have is how many people can take part, is there a player limit? (There most definately is one - physically - but what is it?). Maybe we should set a limit and then advertise the event on the Mordheim forum (if that is not taking away the idea of the whole thing that is).

I'll probably take my girl-friend with me so we'd spend some time in Vienna (no, she won't play). If you could find out the cheapest accomodation for two people that would be awesome, Tom. We are not demanding. I rather spend my money on going to a restaurant than sleeping in a waterbed, if you know what I mean. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP   a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a crazy idea ...THE BIG MEETUP
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next