Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)

Go down 
+30
vampirekhaine
Bloodthirster
Lanyssa Ryssyll
dwi
Milliardo
No Time
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Oberon
Dmig
alveiz
Knightei
Mordheimer
Toby Goatfield
Bash
magokiron
Roguelike
Joker2and53
squattingmouse
hero
cjp
cianty
Asp
Paluke
Pretaboire
Horatius
Mithras
DeafNala
Fungomungus
sartori
Koyote
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 21:17

@Pathfinder Dubstyles: The satchels were initially painted tan, but when I placed the Berjeager models beside the rest of the warband, I was dissatisfied with how well their colors tied them in with the rest of my Averlanders. There just wasn't enough yellow on the models. Consequently, the satchels were changed to yellow.

Averlander WIP shot. Not the greatest photo quality, but it gives you an idea of how the warband is coming together so far. As you can see I am saving the most challenging model for last. Smile

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Avergroup1
Back to top Go down
No Time
Veteran
Veteran
No Time

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 15:56

They look great and I think that the satchels give a unity to the whole warband! Keep on the great work cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 16:14

The Lads look TERRIFIC together. That is one COOL mini you're saving for last. I had the pleasure of doing one of those...a VERY challenging, but HIGHLY rewarding mini; HAVE FUN with him! Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 15:32

they are so cool i cant wait to add them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 19:11

As with the Bergjaegers and the Marksman I want to distinguish the Youngblood from the "real soldiers" in the warband: the captain, the sergeant, and the Mountainguard. Essentially, my Youngblood is a boy playing soldier. Accordingly, his uniform is not that of a proper Mountainguard -in both design and color. Moreover, I reinforced this theme by selecting a head with a boyish face and by weighing him down with lots of extra equipment. It's difficult to see in the photo, but in addition to the 2 daggers and multiple pouches, under his right arm is a drinking/powder horn. Also, above his brow, attached to his hat is a spoon. Most likely a farewell gift from his mum. Smile

I would have loaded him up a bit more, but with most of the models in the warband, I left a bit of space on the belt for an additional weapon or piece of equipment that I may add later in the campaign.

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Yb1

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Yb2
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 0:49

The sergeant turned out... eh. Nothing special really. Although the model looks better in person than it does in these photographs.

I find it difficult to capture the true shade and subtlety of my yellow in these photos. Also, the photos make the feathers look worse than they really do. I need to work on my lighting and camera settings. Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 104879

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Sgt1

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Sgt2

Time to my warband on proper bases and try to take better photographs of them.

Last edited by Koyote on Sat 13 Feb 2010 - 2:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Milliardo
General
General
Milliardo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 1:02

Don't worry mate. I've gotten used to looking at models objectively and thinking "If it looks crap on the camera, it's probably good in person." Everything get's bumped up a notch. Your models look excellent, so they're probably downright awe inspiring in person.

The brown is probably the most noteworthy color on it for me, oddly, as I hate painting the color myself. It's a very soft, subtle highlight you have there and looks really good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ulthuan.net/
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 3:52

ok so he didnt turn out as good as your other guys but as i said (or was that in a different thread?) hes a crappy sculpt to begin with. i cant help but notice that the properly sculpted parts of him all turned out pretty well but his face and hat -yearh- hard to work with such a sculpt Sad

still, your other guys are magnificent!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 11:16

Both EXCELLENT! Personally I think the Sargent looks PRETTY SNAZZY & the Young Blood is VERY in character. FINE WORK! Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 12:03

OOOOOOOOOOOOO! Well done that warband man Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 544694

Have a good one
dwi
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb 2010 - 22:18

I played around with my camera settings and light a bit and managed to produce a better reproduction of the yellow. Images still WIP though.

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Sgt3

I have begun work on the bases.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 0:46

yearh its better.

regarding lighting:
-daylight is always best
-next best is a bright lamp pointed directly at the object

if you want your elf and halfling included in my rulebook (with full credit to you) you should take some additional pics of them on a white background

cant wait to see the project all done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 1:00

Yup pics are better now

Have a good one
dwi
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 1:53

This GUIDE has been invaluable for taking pictures better. I also made a lightbox following its suggestions, and it helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 3:19

Thanks for the photo tips everyone.

Here is an example of a model on a painted base. The highlighting on the base is a bit dramatic, but it looks great on the table top. Still considering some minor tweeks.

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Gunner-1
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 15:49

*saved to hard drive*

he rocks!
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 16:53

That painted base is great, better than my attempt.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb 2010 - 17:09

TERRIFIC LOOKING. I LOVE the way the base came out...nicely compliments a FINE mini. The blunderbus is a personal favorite weapon. VERY WELL DONE! Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010 - 4:50

Bases are finally done. Better pics sometime soon.

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Averband
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010 - 5:16

They look really great, very unified. If there's one guy who breaks that up it would be the marksman. most of the members have that signature puffy clothing other than the bergjaegers and the youngblood who's more simple clothing make perfect sense. Minor thing tho as they do look very good together
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010 - 6:12

Yah, the Marksman wants a fancy uniform but because he wields such a bizarre and arcane weapon, he isn't seen as a proper warrior and thus he is not permitted the honor of proper Averlander attire. It's sad really. Unfortunately, choice of weapon is not a protected class so the Marksman is not entitled to Title VII protections. Sad
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010 - 7:36

wow you came through! Very Happy

cant wait to see them better pics
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010 - 11:32

I LOVE group shots...and this is no exception.The Lads look WONDERFUL together. VERY WELL DONE! Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 544694
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010 - 17:40

Wow, stunning work ! Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 544694

The yellow seems too bright to me, but really nice warband here ! Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2010 - 17:50

Here's a better group pic. Individual pics to follow.

Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Averband2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next