Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)

Go down 
+30
vampirekhaine
Bloodthirster
Lanyssa Ryssyll
dwi
Milliardo
No Time
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Oberon
Dmig
alveiz
Knightei
Mordheimer
Toby Goatfield
Bash
magokiron
Roguelike
Joker2and53
squattingmouse
hero
cjp
cianty
Asp
Paluke
Pretaboire
Horatius
Mithras
DeafNala
Fungomungus
sartori
Koyote
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 17:09

Last night, I tried to take some photos on a white background and they didn't turn out. First, the white turned out either blue or yellow, depending upon which lamp I used to illuminate. Second, no matter how much light I put on the model, the model itself turned out very dark. Much darker than when I took the photo on my workbench. Not sure whether this is caused by the light bouncing back from the white background or what?

I will continue to experiment with it.

Also, do I need to eliminate any shadows from the photos?
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 19:06

actually, i dont know much about it. my real talent in writing rules. maybe cianty can answer
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Feb 2010 - 23:21

Try to use as much natural light as possible (can be difficult at this time of year). Try white light instead of traditional yellow light bulbs. If you use a lamp, experimente with the direction from where the light comes.

Definately put the camera on a stand and use macro mode for close up photos.

These are very basic things that suffice for me. There is an excellent article on taking photos in the Articles section, have a look at that.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 23:19

What a awesome looking warband you've created. Clean and crisp. Lovely!
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 0:59

@Asp: I tried different types of light bulbs, backgrounds, and camera settings and it seems as if the whiter the background, the darker the model appears. Not sure if it's the light or my camera. Consequently, I don't know if I will be able to get you the photos you want.

My best results came from using a background with a neutral color.

warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Newhalfling
Back to top Go down
Goomb
Warrior
Warrior
Goomb

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 5:19

I think this is such a great warband: very clean and well done. The others that put down your work really need to be strung up. You will have a great time with these gits, to be sure. As to the officer with the orc head in the grass mini, I will be sending some greenskin WAAAGH energy to your greenskin opponent. Gotta give my fellow greenskins some support, eh? warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_twisted

Great job!

Goomb
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 13:09

oh it is unfortunate that you cannot get a white background for use in the rulebook itself but still a very nice picture which ill add to the gallery later today
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 17:13

I plan to reshoot my entire warband using what I've learned.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 20:40

warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Halflingkoyote

managed to salvage a little

upped coreheim version 7.8 today

see page 28 of my rulebook
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2010 - 23:33

Nice.

I had considered using Photoshop to remove the background.

When I re-shoot my models, I can use this technique to provide you with an Elf Ranger with a white background. Assuming of course my Sergeant finds his way into your gallery. warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Whistle-1
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2010 - 10:05

I kind of like the raw background instead of the white one! just keep that on... the models are clear to see, the colours come out good and it breathes a bit more atmosphere.

if you have trouble with the colormode, you could shoot in RAW format, and then correct it digitally, or change the colorbalance on your camera (if you have a luxe camera that is...)

other than that, nice and crisp colors indeed! I like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Mar 2010 - 12:51

hows it comming along, koyote? warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_albino warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Mar 2010 - 13:01

EXCELLENT looking Vertically Challenged Psycho Glutton Archer! Watching The Band is develop is a REAL TREAT. Keep up the FINE WORK! warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 544694
I tend to agree with Ezekiel's comments on the background color...the white is too harsh.
Back to top Go down
Koyote
Knight
Knight
Koyote

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Mar 2010 - 17:02

@Asp: Sorry, it's been a busy week. Besides, I still don't see the sergeant in the gallery.

@DeafNala: All of the new photos will have the brown background. Asp has asked me to provide for him with additional photographs of the Halfling and the Ranger with a white background so he can place their images in his rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)   warband - Koyote's Averlanders  (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Koyote's Averlanders (Starting Warband Completed -SEE p4)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5