Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP

Go down 
+13
Dwalthrim_Grimsson
lord siwoc
Jacko' lantern
Popmouth
Bean965
dwi
ObsidianLord
DeafNala
kidterminal
Pathfinder Dubstyles
MonkeyShaman
Rudeboy
hwd
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 5 Mar 2010 - 13:03

And close ups of the carnival of chaos tainted ones as promised finishes up the initial gang!
I'll be playing a few games this weekend to try and learn the rules before our campaign begins on tuesday!

chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 2-TheDaemon
chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 25-TheDaemon
chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 3-ThePlague

I'll try and keep this thread updated with progress / game reports as the campaign progresses and the gang (hopefully) grows...
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 9:55

Okay so the campaign kicked off in my local club yesterday. It's a map based campaign and yesterday my Carnival of Chaos managed to invade the terriroty of some Dwarfs meaning uit was game on...

As a point of note the lighting in our gaming hall is not great and so without a flash any photos need long exposure times and with wobbly hands they are all blurred chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_cry If I put the flash on however the photos look crap as all highlights are lost and random bits of scenery become stupid bright...
Next week I hope to either get a table directly under a light or perhaps take my tripod along so I can get some decent photos in

Opponent: Dwarfs

Scenario: Occupation - We had 8 turns to fight over 3 buildings, whoever controlled the most at the end of the game wins.

Set-up: From my table edge there were two buildings on the left and one on the right. Of the ones on my left one was closer to the dwarf edge and one closer to mine and on the right the buklding was on the edge of the dwarf deployment zone...

I set up in my standard formation; a screen of nurglings then a screen of henchmen with my heroes behind this large amount of 'extra armour'...

Go go go;
I split my forces pretty much in two with the intention of storming the two buildings close to the dwarfs and cleaning them out with judicous use of my brutes while the building closer to me would be held by the magister hiding from crossbow fire.
My advance was not slowed by the crossbows thanks to the nurgling screen taking alot of fire... In the end I got to combat having all three nurglings and a hencman out of action.
By the time I reached combat (turn 5) the brutes had quite obviously used the advance to pysche themselves up, each of them tallying up two out of actions apiece. The henchmen and tainted ones found it difficult to would the Toughness 4 dwarfs but a lucky critical hit from The Plague saw another dwarf fall and some more experience points coming my way.
A late and cheeky surge from a Dwarf who had hid behind a building (sneaky little ones) saw it end with my controlling the one building on the right with the two on the left contested. Still a win is a win which I could, quite literally, take to the bank!

Post-game:
Of my four our of action henchmen, two of the nurglings died leaving me a bit down on bodies (for now)
The two Brutes and The Plague (tainted one) did enough during the battle to gain upgrades. The Plague picked up a second wound, which should come in handy, and the brutes each gained a skill. I'm a bit worried about missile fire on these guys as people seem to want to target them whenever they can so the Dodge Skill giving them a 5+ save against shooting should help.
All my heroes survived giving me 6D6 to search for Wyrdsone. 4 Shards coming in gave me 70 gc to spend and I also came across a smithy giving me a double handed weapon in my stash.
Shopping wise I replaced the two nurglings I lost and added a fourth, which left me enough to buy another bretheren with a mace; The Knight - pictures to come soon.

I now find myself sat on the map adjacent to the dwarfs I just beat up and a Shadow Warrior warband! Hopefully I'll be able to get away from the Elfs, although durting their game one of their 5 members did die so perhaps now is the time to hit them hard and do some more damage..?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar 2010 - 12:49

VERY NICE conversion work & painting. I LOVE the third eye on The Plaque. VERY IMAGINATIVE & WELL DONE! chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 544694

Too bad about the poor lighting. The tripod sounds like a good idea even if you have somewhat better illumination. GOOD LUCK next time out!
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2010 - 10:33

Okay so here are some bad pictures of the new henchman; The Knight
Obviously I need to finish off the base with black and a name but after that he is ready for kicking in some girly elves...
chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 P3120048

Also i've made the next things I want to add to the warband; The Archer and The Hunter, two henchmen with bows so that I can actually do something in the first few turns before I can get to combat! Painting on these guys will begin tonight...
chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 P3120047
chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 P3120046
Sorry for bad piccies I didn;t have time to fuss with my decent camera so these are taken using my little point and shoot camera...
C&C welcome as ever
Hwd
Back to top Go down
ObsidianLord
Captain
Captain
ObsidianLord

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Mar 2010 - 13:51

The knight is the best one so far in my opinion (along with nurglings). Very carnivalesque! Don't worry about losses. Dodgy brutes are a good choice!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Mar 2010 - 14:17

The Knight is, indeed, a VERY COOL mini, WONDERFULLY painted. I REALLY like the archers. Following your progress with the War Band is becoming a VERY pleasant activity. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
jbfasta
Hero
Hero
jbfasta

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Mar 2010 - 14:21

Love the whole warband mate. Wonderful concept and nicely executed.
That Knight rocks. Makes me want to dig up a knight head to make one hehe.
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Mar 2010 - 14:39

Great conversions, nice paintjob - I'd only add some more water to paints.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010 - 18:22

Cheers for the comments guys,
for a far more imaginative battle report of my first game go here; its written by my opponent

Linky link

Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 9:30

Okay so game two happened last night.
This time we had a bit of a threeway...

Again this report is somewhat unimaginative sorry about that.

Opponents
John's Shadow Warriors
Chris's Dwarfs (again)

Scenario
Bounty Hunting from the Empire in Flames Supplement
Basically our three warbands are trying to apprehend some bandits and so are going to have a big scrap to see who gets the bounty...
The bandits got the chance to fight back with D6 crossbow shots.

Set up
On a 4' x 4' board. All left and rights are from the perspective of my board edge.

The bandits sit in a building in the centre.
I was to deploy first and found a nice and big building to hide behind in the left corner of the board that alowed me two routes (to my left and right) that would get me around the board without heading into the open to much.
The Dwarfs deployed next spreading out on the table edge opposite to me. Crossbowmen took high positions and his warriors split into two groups to head down the flanks.
The Shadow Warriors deployed last and started out over to my right just about mid way along the table edge in cover.

Go go go
The game began with the start of a long and relatively inneffective shooting match between the high elves and dwarfs which suited me just fine as they weren't shooting at me!
I decided I wanted to have fun at the elves expense and so ran as quick as I could to get close and cause them some issues...
Thanks to the bandits just before I got to the elves one of their number was put out of action. Their gang of four could now bottle and like, well elves, they scarpered leaving me having had no fun, still dwarfs are a bit squishy so having run along one board edge I turned and now began a quick stint up my right flank.
More crossbow bolts later I had lost two nurglings and combat finally began. Again the brutes caused bloody murder taking two dwarfs out a piece, the rest of the gang held their own and by surviving and throwing enought attacks back managed to pull down all but one dwarf.
The final few turns of combat were basically spent hoping we didn't bottle. I managed to hold out longer than he, his final dwarf realising that facing off 8 angry clowns was probably going to end badly hence he ran as fast as his wee little legs could take him...

A second win for me!

Post game
Three nurglings popped leaving me three nurglings down :-(
Winning meant I got to hand in the bandits.
Eachof the 9 had a bounty of 5+D6, I rolled well leaving giving me 82gc, 2 swords, 3 daggers and 6 crossbows!
I recieved alot of experience so I need to sort out bonuses for the henchmen group, my magister, both brutes and both tainted ones, i.e. everyone.
I went wyrdstone hunting and again had some good rolling which netted me 3gc from a shop and another 65gc from selling the wyrdsone...

So that gives me in total, including selling the crossbows I can't use leaves me 225 gc tro spend!

Shopping time again! I decided on;
3 nurglings
2 henchmen with bows and two maces each
4 maces (going to the exisitn henchmen)
2 suits of light armour (for the brutes)
2 shields (for the brutes)

This leaves me 36gc. I may save it for now...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 9:41

CONGRATULATIONS on the win! While we all play for the fun of it all [that's my story & I'm sticking to it chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Suspect ], winning has a certain charm of its own. Although it's interesting to hear how your Lads are getting on, a couple of photos of the action MIGHT add to the flavor of the report. Keep us updated on your adventures. chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 9:48

I didn't take my camera last night as I also had to play a semi-final for our fantasy league and so I had too much stuff to carry!
Next week I will take both my camera and a tripod so I can take some decent photos...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 10:30

hwd wrote:
I didn't take my camera last night as I also had to play a semi-final for our fantasy league and so I had too much stuff to carry!
Next week I will take both my camera and a tripod so I can take some decent photos...

OH BABY!
...there, that about sums up my feelings on the subject. chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
ObsidianLord
Captain
Captain
ObsidianLord

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 12:59

Gratz. Nice bloodshed pal!
Are you sure you actually can equip your brutes with shields? I'm pretty sure you can't.
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 13:22

Why not?
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 14:54

Hey man I don't know, but if it's not on there weapon list, then you can't do it, thats the way it is, sorry.
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:00

So can they not have light armour either?
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:02

No. Pops your bubble don't it?

(EDIT: However you can get some light armour for them later on, if your in a campain)
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:06

We are in the middle of a campaign...
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:17

Oh ya, thats right I forgot (don't ask how I did that btw) so in that case, yes, you can try and get some light armour for them. However here is a tip to keep in your mind, gettin' light armour for henchmen is a wate of money unless you don't have a shield on the fighter, wich your brutes don't, so by all means get the light armour, don't go trying to get shields for them (the brutes) as you can't use a shield with a two-handed weapon/flail/morning star. Oh and one more thing, heavy armour is nice, but it's not worth it unless you have it on your warband leader
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:29

There are shields on the equipmentlist for the warband so why can I not buy a shiield fro the brutes?
I realise in combat a shield is useless I am just concerned about them getting shot before they get to combat. I have found so far that combats with these guys don't last long and with careful positioning of nurglings they haven't yet been charged...
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:47

I don't know man! I'm a hippie (thats a running joke I got) for god's sake! Not Einstine! All I know is that you can't take a shields on fighters with two-handed weapons/flails/morning stars. Sorry man thats the ruels

Last edited by dwi on Wed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hwd
Hero
Hero
hwd

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:50

As I understand it they can carry one but just can't use it and the double hand weapon at the same time?

Perhaps somone else could wail in on this and help us out?
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 15:54

Hey I don't know maybe? Look, thats how I see it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar 2010 - 16:07

Doesn't make sense to moi either. EVEN considering that the Brutes are not exactly rocket scientists, the Head Honcho should consider protecting the group's muscle from long range death. That said, the EIF says that they can only chose from the Brute Equipment List, which limits them to Double-handed Weapons & Flails. GW works in strange & mysterious ways its blunders to perform. chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP   chaos - Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carnival of Chaos Warband WIP
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next