Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

using deathmaster snikch

Go down 
+5
Bash
MonkeyShaman
Keylan
sartori
foe42
9 posters
AuthorMessage
foe42
Youngblood
Youngblood
foe42

Trading Reputation : 0

using deathmaster snikch Empty
PostSubject: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2010 - 21:50

i want to use snikch as my warband leader. i want to use him with weeping blades but they are stated as a pair in the rules and he is holding three how should i adjust the crowns to make this change acceptable?

--Joshua T. Tumbry
Back to top Go down
http://www.hijc.com
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 1:41

I'm just using it as is, and will call the 3rd blade a regular sword since he would probably get tail fighting...in your case I would say it's up to you and your group as there are no rules for breaking up a pair of Weeping Blades.
Back to top Go down
foe42
Youngblood
Youngblood
foe42

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 2:00

ok i am just starting out so i didn't know how the skills came into play. if you got to pick one from the start or what it really doesn't say in the rules. also what about the mage does it get one magic to start or is he magicless in his first battle.
Back to top Go down
Keylan
Champion
Champion
Keylan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 3:33

For snikch its your choise to cut of his tail carefully and remodel an unarmed tail with greenstuff to follow WYSIWUG, but i at least would cut very carefully to be able to rebuild it properly. The model like it is would need tailfighting 3 swords (while 2 can be weeping) and black lotus +throwing stars to be 100% WYSIWUG, but most people will do some compromises, and i wouldnt ruin the model^^

mage? mages always start with one starting spell, randomed by dice.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 4:08

And the skills can only be obtained if you get the "New Skill" result on the advance table (on which you roll when you have accumulated enough Experience points, i.e everytime you cross off one of the thicker xp boxes).

A player in our group thought that all skaven BEGUN with all the skills available to the skaven, but that is NOT the case. The Skaven skills are a special skillt able that the Skaven can choose from instead of the normal skill lists if they want, whenever they get an upgrade.

Concerning Weeping Blades and tail fighting, it does say that you must buy them in pairs, so to have three blades, you will have to buy two pairs and then just let one stay in the warriors equipment. You cant hand it over to another model, (IMO at least), as the PAIR of swords are concidered being ONE weapon choice. Wouldnt you agree?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyShaman
General
General
MonkeyShaman

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 5:52

I don't have the rulebook in front of me but doesn't the brace rule apply to pistols only?
I think the whole reason behind them being bought in pairs are a result of
how they fight with them on top of the status they represent within skaven society.
(though I'm not 100% on the skaven fluff but superficially
that's how it looks for an outsider like me.)

As Ophiliate says buy two pairs and keep the spare just to be safe
(can't assume anyone would complain on you wasting half a pair of weeping blades Razz)
as far as I remember the weeping blades are counted as being a brace by default,
I don't think (I don't have the rulebook right here so I'm not sure)
that applies to other weapons other than pistols. probably so they can get the typical
assasin flavoured throwingstar/sling choice as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ministryowaaagh.site50.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 6:18

Well, buying a brace of pistols has no special price benefits if one should buy them one at a time, as such, one cant really constitute a beace of pistols to count as one equipment choice. You could always give one of the pistols away to another member. That is not the case with weeping blades as they have the Special Rule "Pair", which makes them inseperable from each other. A pistol is no more inseperable than a "sword/club" two weapon combo.

I dunno if that made it any more clear, but maybe. Me and mr MonkeyShaman is on the same wavelength at least Smile
Back to top Go down
Bash
Champion
Champion
Bash

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 10:54

tbh why go wyswyg i just make my models to look cool, most of the time i use weapons i will use in the campain on the model but thats just because it fits the fluff better.

unless your gaming group is big into wyswyg i wouldnt bother cutting up a model you like Smile
Back to top Go down
foe42
Youngblood
Youngblood
foe42

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 15:42

ok i was on the same train of thought but just charged for half a set. but if i can't use third till i skill up then i buy a pair and but it in the store house right?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 17:05

No, the extra pair goes in the warriors equipment list, even if he is only using one of them. If it goes into the warband stored items, that means anyone can take the sword (or you could sell it), and that is not possible with just one Weeping Blade as they are considered a pair in regards of ownership. At least thats how I see it Smile
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 20:52

I could see you buying the pair and then placing one on two different characters, or placing one on a character and one in storage.

I think you would want to take with the other players in your game and go over what everyone feels is fair.
Back to top Go down
foe42
Youngblood
Youngblood
foe42

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 21:55

no i didn't mean split it up i meant hold them until snikch got tailfighting skill and could use the second set seeing that weeping blades are rare. but yeah i will talk it over with me buddys
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010 - 10:06

foe42 wrote:
no i didn't mean split it up i meant hold them until snikch got tailfighting skill and could use the second set seeing that weeping blades are rare. but yeah i will talk it over with me buddys

Yeah, you coan buy two pair, I recon. Just buy them for another character and then immediately place them in the Storaged Items. It seems I misunderstood Smile

But, yeah, talk it over with everyone in your group. If you want to make it easy, just say no, no weeping blade in the tail slot. You could, however, get a normal sword then supply him with Black Venom to get the same effect using deathmaster snikch 544694
Back to top Go down
ianward09
Champion
Champion
ianward09

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010 - 10:51

im using that model too i love that model
Back to top Go down
http://www.pigmar.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010 - 13:43

Yeah, as I said in the White Dwarf discussion, he looks like a giant Shuriken that has grown limbs Smile
Back to top Go down
Lendro Furioso
Champion
Champion
Lendro Furioso

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2010 - 15:34

I've also been thinking of getting this model for my skaven warband. I've yet to buy any minis, but he would definitely look cool... I don't think my group will have any problems with WYSIWYG, and he will probably get tail fighting soon enough anyway...

One question, though, how tall is the model? We're using 3 inch-tall buildings, and if he can't fit into that I'll have to find an alternative...
Back to top Go down
Schoel
Knight
Knight
Schoel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2010 - 22:31

If you're buddies won't accept you buying two pairs and using three of the singles, I think they are just mean. Playwise, it's not even that good. I mean it's 100gc just for the weapons.

I'm also using him but converted him to use Fighting Claws instead! Check it out in the bottom of this thread:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/painting-and-modelling-f3/unknown-skaven-t2748.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: using deathmaster snikch   using deathmaster snikch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

using deathmaster snikch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum :: General Discussion :: Rules and Gameplay-
Jump to: