Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

What size should the base be for possessed models?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

What size should the base be for possessed models? Empty
PostSubject: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 11:17

Hello all. What size should the base be for possessed models?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 13:33

I think the original size is the one used for orcs. (Larger than human bases, but not large as a monster base).

I use the Chaos Spawn models, and they have huge monster bases. Our gaming group have decided that is okay, as being that large, they will also be more visible than the normal possessed minis. Besides, those miniatures are so frikkin awesome and perfect for Mordheim Possessed that I could very well let them count as Large if ppl are not okay with the large bases.
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 16:33

The Base Size is mostly determined by the Stability/Balance of the model. Orc Bases work great for larger models. Orc models are larger human models hence a larger base. It keeps them from falling over.

I have several different model I use for Possessed. Two of them are the Reaper Minis of the Demons with Scorpion tails. They require the Orc Bases because of their Balance/stability. Or I use two GW Demonets (converted some), which use the standard Human sized bases they came with.

So just use your best judgment on the stability of you model.
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 20:10

Thanks guys. I'm using Galforce 9 magnetized 25mm round bases for my figures. I've got a lot of later GW Warhammer figures, which don't fit well on the 20mm bases. I'll use one of these then. Though I did begin a plastic ogre conversion for a possessed character. Might be too big though.

Rob
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeThu 7 Jan 2010 - 20:27

Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jan 2010 - 7:04

The link cianty posted is a great resource!

Generally, I would say use that. However, in the case of Possessed in particular, I tend to encourage people to come up with whatever cool conversion they want, and then to choose a base-size that is appropriate for the model.

Since your group is already breaking the mold by using 25mm round bases, I would generally think that 40mm round bases (WH 40k Terminator sized) would probably be about right for a possessed model.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jan 2010 - 9:14

While we are talking about bases, I fell I must ask, shouldn't Mordheim be using round bases instead? I mean, it is a skirmish game so square bases are not really neccesary at all, right?

I have a friend who uses round bases on his orcs (mainly because they were converted from already made space orks). The only thing is that it feels strange if some models use round bases and some square when fighting. It just looks incoherent.

Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jan 2010 - 14:10

Opheliate,

for a discussion on round vs square, read the linked post above (or not) and then continue here:
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/rules-and-gameplay-f1/round-or-square-bases-in-mordheim-t1464.htm

Please keep this topic on Possessed's base size exclusively and go to the one above for a general discussion.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jan 2010 - 19:21

I was thinking about 40mm bases, but I think my conversions will fit on the 25mm base. I'll set up a WIP later on.

Thanks for all the reply's.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jan 2010 - 21:17

I say lets see said possessed and then decide what base we need for it, also how will you be basing it? will it be devouring innocents or sacrificing a witch hunter priest to its foul god? These all will help/ hinder the decision. Smile
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010 - 4:43

Ok I'll up load a picture in a few days.

Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What size should the base be for possessed models?   What size should the base be for possessed models? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What size should the base be for possessed models?
Page 1 of 1