Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen

Go down 
+2
sartori
Shift
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shift

Shift

Trading Reputation : 0

swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Empty
PostSubject: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan 2010 - 2:51

Hi folks! I need some help from all the mini's gurus here. I'm working on a middenheim warband using a lot of barbarian models from Reaper. The only problem is I need swordsmen. Specifically, barbarian looking figures wielding two swords, so that I can field my dual sword henchmen. Does anyone know a company that has something like that? I'm not much on converting, if I can avoid it. Thanks folks!!
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.weebly.com
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan 2010 - 8:51

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan 2010 - 15:06

If you can broaden your choice of models, the Chaos Marauder multipart plastic kit for Warhammer Fantasy is a great kit if you want to make barbarians. Dunno if that many swords are included, but with a little tweaking (adding blades and filing away the chaos marks) they look DARN good Smile

My Avatar is actually used as a Hero in a Barbarian Warband (as middenheimers), and is a chaos warrior body with Marauder head and other marauder parts added to it.
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan 2010 - 16:06

If you decide that awesome miniatures trumps your desire to avoid conversionwork to give 'em swords, the Red Box Games Njorns and Helsvakt are some of the best barbarian minis I know of. Plus, the Red Box guy does work for Reaper as well, so chances are good they'll fit in with what you already have perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Shift

Shift

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeSun 3 Jan 2010 - 20:28

Sartori: Thanks! I've actually ordered a lot of those models already, they fit perfectly. I'm looking for 5 twin-sword models, as that's the number of swordsmen (or women) that I'll have eventually.

Opheliate: I hadn't thought of Marauders... I have plenty of bits in my box to make them work. I'll check em out!

FKSN: Those models really are awesome. not quite what I want in this case, but really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.weebly.com
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 0:00

I love the marauders box set for sure. There are some swords in there, but it's a very mixed bag of weaps.

Those Red Box minis look amazing! Are they 28mm?
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 14:38

Sartori - The bases you see 'em on are the same as warmachine, dark age etc. come on. So they'll look big on 20mm squares, but that could work for barbarians.
Back to top Go down
frog
Veteran
Veteran
frog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 17:37

i was searching for these type of models as well only a few weeks ago
see my thread.

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/painting-and-modelling-f3/the-search-for-barbarian-models-t3020.htm

the red box games are just smaller than GW standards. think thats Are they 28mm...
so i would say they are like 26-27mm????
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 18:26

frog wrote:
the red box games are just smaller than GW standards. think thats Are they 28mm...
so i would say they are like 26-27mm????

Maybe, maybe not, as GW models seem to be on the 32mm size nowadays.

What's up with that crazy scale creep?

I really can't undestand it swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_evil .
Back to top Go down
frog
Veteran
Veteran
frog

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeMon 4 Jan 2010 - 18:30

o ok, well they are just smaller than GW, i never understand scales!

they work for my warband (ive just created), no one noticed that they were smaller, till i pointed it out!

i do know that GW make the head's out of scale (larger), cos they had to make the LOTR a different model size, so that the two systems could not be used together, (copy right or sumthin)
Back to top Go down
MonkeyShaman
General
General
MonkeyShaman

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 11:59

The scale creep is because of the infamous "heroic scale" to make the heroes stand out
in the field although the zombies have been 30mm since the dawn of time (or the plastic box at least.)

didn't the perry bros. own company make a britbox for their roman line
(or a company making 28mm...nevermind I found it Razz)
can't find them now but they were sold on warlord...
There! (They've got mastiffs!!)

heres the perry one
Back to top Go down
http://www.ministryowaaagh.site50.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen   swordsmen - Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seeking Barbarian Swordsmen
Page 1 of 1