HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Map and game pieces for upcoming campaign

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sartori
General
General

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Map and game pieces for upcoming campaign   Thu 24 Dec 2009 - 17:52

Yeah, I been a busy bee lately. I wasn't exactly sure what category this gallery would go in. Ah well.

First I need to give credit to Edwin Molina and Robert Layne for creating the original Mordheimer's Campaign Aide and for having such a useful Mordheim resource! Props!

I'm going to be running my group's next campaign in January. I decided to use Ed and Robert's rules as a framework. I refined and simplified the campaign rules, and rewrote each territory description. Then I printed out the map, and mounted it on a magnetic dry erase board:

I bought some wooden game pieces and wooden buttons from Michael's (local craft store), and mounted them on magnets. For the large pieces (representing each warband) I had to cut each one down by half, and them mounted them on button magnets.

For the small pieces (representing each warband's controlled territories) I bought magnetic strips, used a hole puncher and mounted the wooden buttons on the punched out pieces. After all that, I painted each in a primary color:

And this is what it should look like in action once our campaign gets under way:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some pre-made magnetic game pieces I could purchase on-line somewhere, but I figured it would be a nice little project to do it myself!

If the rules we use in our campaign work well, I will see if Ed and Robert will allow me to put them in pdf format, and post them online for others to use.

HAVE A MERRY MORDHEIM CHRISTMAS!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milliardo
General
General

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Map and game pieces for upcoming campaign   Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 1:21

Thats a fantastic campaign map - very organized and clean. I've been using the Mighty Empires kit for Empire in Flames campaigns, but I like the wall mounted maps a lot too... they give the game room a war room feel. :3

I also shop at Micheals - all the old ladies and female clerks there look at me oddly, walking out with a half dozen balsa kits and assorted plastic plants. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ulthuan.net/

Map and game pieces for upcoming campaign
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1