Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Veskit (W.I.P.)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sartori
General
General
sartori

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 1:23

I used to own the old Veskit model, but I never really liked it so I didn't paint it. As a matter of fact, I lost it which prompted me to do my own conversion.

I didn't mean to go over the top, and make him larger than I honestly think he should be. However, I couldn't resist nabbing some of my roommate's Orc Nob power klaws from his 40k bitz box, and using them for Veskit's arms. Because the arms are so large, I ended up using orc body parts as well.

You might not be able to see all of the following details yet because it's primered black, but I'll explain what I did for certain parts:

I used a dremel to hollow out a channel in the top each wrist so I could fit an upside down black powder pistol in there (guns are from an empire box of militia I think). The pommel (?) or bottom of the pistol grips sticking out over his wrists will be the warp energy resevoirs, and the claws are from dark eldar halberds or spear tips (not sure which).

The mechanical struts supporting his legs and arms are from flat paststruct rods with shaved bits of sprue for the joints, and the wraps holding him together are greenstuff.

The eye is from a 40k lascannon targetting system (if I remember right), and the cable running into it is part of a paperclip.

The tail is a thick bundle of cabling that was part of a 40k dreadnought lascannon I believe. I don't know what the blade piece on the end of his tail comes from.

Veskit (W.I.P.) Veskit01

Veskit (W.I.P.) Veskit02
Back to top Go down
MonkeyShaman
General
General
MonkeyShaman

Personal Info

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 2:57

If I was your roommate I'd lock my door. Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_rolleyes
(good job) Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ministryowaaagh.site50.net
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 7:35

COOL MINI!
If you could resize the photos to a smaller size it would be easier to view & comment on.
Keep up the GOOD WORK! Veskit (W.I.P.) 544694
Back to top Go down
sartori
General
General
sartori

Personal Info

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 9:17

DeafNala wrote:
COOL MINI!
If you could resize the photos to a smaller size it would be easier to view & comment on.
Keep up the GOOD WORK! Veskit (W.I.P.) 544694

Done. I'll try to keep the image size down :O
Back to top Go down
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec 2009 - 9:40

Holy crap... orc size veskit awesome dude... sheer awesome!
Back to top Go down
hero
Elder
Elder

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009 - 1:14

This makes me think that someone should do a darth vader veskit. They're both more machine than man/manrat right?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009 - 7:03

sartori wrote:
Done. I'll try to keep the image size down :O

THANKS MUCHO...that's MUCH better, my feeble old PC & my feeble OLD self appreciate it.
I REALLY like the mix of Ork pieces & the cable tail; the addition of the pistols was an INSIPRED bit of modelling. For my UberGoblins I've been using Orc(k) torsos & arms with Goblin legs & heads; sounds odd...probably because it is, but it looks good; the mix MIGHT work well for Warpstone mutated UberRats. Keep the faith, Bro! Veskit (W.I.P.) 544694
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Veskit (W.I.P.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veskit (W.I.P.)   Veskit (W.I.P.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veskit (W.I.P.)
Page 1 of 1