Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warband progress thread - Halflings!

Go down 
+9
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Vorror
Grimor
Deserter
cianty
Ashton
Admin Tom
Tagnator
Pfreck
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Mar 2008 - 22:30

Awesome, man! Simply awesome! You're warband will look perfect if you keep up the quality work you've shown to far. Really really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Mar 2008 - 22:53

Bravo again man. You really have an amazing modeling tallent. Good work. I can't wait for your next update. and hopefully I'll be able to get some of that apoxy stuff, you did a great job.
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Deserter
Hero
Hero
Deserter

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar 2008 - 2:10

Looks brilliant mate! Makes me think of an updated version of the Ogre Hired Sword for Mordheim!

Seriously, you should be proud of that sculpting!
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Ammobunker/index.php?act=idx
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: Golden Tom Golden Tom

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar 2008 - 5:43

Howd i miss this thread?!
Great work mate! loving these little buggers lol
love the work on the ogre, was thinking about doing the same sort of idea for my undead.

keep it up, looking forward to the rest! Smile

-Foot
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 17:29

Thanks a lot for replies once again, guys! Very Happy

Good news on the eBay auction. They turned up last thursday! In good shape and all. Though, only 2 of them are useful for my warband.. Razz

Also, I'm with a problem. When I recieved 4 of the 'C11 Halflings' a while ago, I noticed the difference between the scale. I made a comparison shot of them, so you can see the difference.
To be honest, I prefer the C11 Halflings over the current Halflings (ie. Lumpin Croops, Halfling Scout and the Halfling Thief).

Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Halflingyouthcomparisonshot

On this picture you see the difference between them. Compared to the C11 Halflings, the current Halflings look more like Dwarf without beards (well, Lumpin Croops do.. Razz), the C11 Halflings on the other hand are a lot smaller and actually are half the size of a human (how they should be!), they also have a lot of character and come in many variants! Here's a link of all the C11 Halflings that got produced by GW. I'm still looking for a lot of them, like the cloaked ones for my Scouts!

Ok no more talking now, as you can see on the same picture, I did a conversion for one of the Halfling Youths. He is throwing a spear! Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 17:32

haha great conversion on the Halfling, great job! Smile yes the scale isn't right but I like the model still..!
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2008 - 17:36

Awesome! After all the paper clip had the right size Wink

Quick question: what colours do you use for skin? I really like it, but unlike me, you do NOT seem to use a brownish base colour.

Deserter
Hero
Hero
Deserter

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Apr 2008 - 16:37

Nice conversion there mate, it sucks about the scale issues though! I actually prefer the current ones though...

Heh Wink
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Ammobunker/index.php?act=idx
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Apr 2008 - 17:32

I think all of the old Citadel models are a bit smaller than they would be today (probably 25mm scale instead of the common modern 28mm). Luckily for my ninja models that is no problem since asians are a bit shorty anyways. Laughing

The halfling does indeed look like a Gnome (which Citadel did produce as well, by the way). I guess you can always sell the C11 models as young halflings, though. Someday they will grow up to be thiiiis big ( alien ) as their parents. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Ditto On The Praise   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2008 - 12:08

Very cool stuff there, unique, interesting theme, beautiful conversion work & painting. I, of course, hate you. Very Happy
I like the difference in height; in Real life there is quite a variation in stature, everything from jockeys to basketball players, so why not a difference in miniature?
AND THANK YOU for some inspiration. I have a bunch of the old GW Empire Halflings that are really too few to use in WHFB. They're neat little buggers & now you'e given me an idea as to what I can do with them. COOL!
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr 2008 - 3:43

I have just the link for you my halfling loving friend!

http://www.witchhunter.net/gallery_halflings.html

I was looking for terrain when I found this website, some inspirational models, and coincidently a whole lot of halfies!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 May 2008 - 14:26

Hey pfreck,
How are the vertically challenged coming along? Be warned: No new pics means being subjected to a flood of whining & guilt tripping [something I'm VERY GOOD at].
My own V.C. band of gluttons are still languishing on my To-Do List, a list that grows longer everytime I browse the forum , AND I'm here everyday checking out the inspiring stuff, AND checking for Heresy Most Foul.
This is inspiring stuff; get cracking, man! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
dhamp
Youngblood
Youngblood
dhamp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 May 2008 - 20:19

I love these little guys. I can't wait to see them finished.

The work you're doing is fantastic. The shirt on the ogre turned out extremely well. As a matter of fact, when I was scrolling through the first time, I thought it was part of the mini!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warband progress thread - Halflings!   Warband progress thread - Halflings! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warband progress thread - Halflings!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2